Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TX 599 EVO Shaking Issue

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

TX 599 EVO Shaking Issue

Hi,

I've recently bought a steering wheel setup consisting of a TX base, 599XX EVO 30, T3PA and TH8A.

After connecting to the PC and updating the firmware, I've set the control panel parameters to the following (advised by forums):

Package: 2.TTRS.2016
    Firmware: 49.B9
    Driver: 2.8.54.0

Overall Strength of all forces: 75%
    Constant: 100%
    Periodic: 0%
    Spring: 0%
    Damper: 0%
    Auto-Center: By the game

Generally standard settings seem ok with other games, but with Project Cars it seems to shake violently with a slight movement on the wheel (particularly at high speeds) - see video:

vid.me/YCBP

I've tried for hours with multiple calibrations and settings I've found on forums but I've finally given up.

After resetting all to default, I re-calibrated the wheel.

Following calibration, any settings I apply either globally or for the car (using Jack Spades Classic) the shaking seems to continue and it's barely playable.

Any ideas would be appreciated?

1) On wheel calibration, the extents using the EVO wheel always seem to be same. A video on youtube with the 458 wheel, it does stop at varying degrees based on the mode. Also, one video suggests that you need to set the 90 degree position to match the degrees the wheel is set to (using mode+right paddle), i.e 900 for 900 degrees even though the wheel doesn't look at 90 degrees, is that correct?

2) When driving flat out in a straight line, if you tug right on the wheel and let it go, should the wheel literally go back to the center or keep going left to right violently until you hold on to it (as in my video)? In Forza 6, it just centers like a car would.

I'm trying to figure out what is actually right and what is wrong.

Thanks.
    Last edited by CAM79; 19-06-2016 at 23:38.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Did you follow these steps, setting up your TX?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ht=nissan4ever
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/D-Link DGL 5500 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/PCars Dash/Crew Chief for Project CARS/Turtle Beach Elite 800X/Yamaha RX-V1400/Acoustic Research Speakers/Velodyne Sub

Platform
    XBOX1
    The current firmware is V50, not V49.
    Xbox One/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/D-Link DGL 5500 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/PCars Dash/Crew Chief for Project CARS/Turtle Beach Elite 800X/Yamaha RX-V1400/Acoustic Research Speakers/Velodyne Sub

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Many thanks for the reply and pointing me in the comprehensive setup guide - no I hadn't seen it. It's very useful, thanks for putting it together.

I've now upgraded the firmware to V50 and followed the guide exactly including reducing tire force to 50.

The wheel doesn't feel as strong which is great but the shaking is still there and as strong. As mentioned above, on a straight such as Monza at high speed, the wheel doesn't move, but the slightest input to the wheel (as per video) it starts to shake violently - does yours do this?

Also, once in full lock it's a struggle to get it back. It's only this game so I assume it's calibration or settings.

Thanks

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Your periodic, Spring, and damper settings are incorrect. On mine at least 2 of them are set at 100%, can't remember which ones exactly cos I'm away from ps4 at the moment.
    PS4 PRO, PS4 VR headset, 60inch Samsung UHDtv T300rs T500rs+Ferrari F1 add on, butt kicker 2, Playseat evolution, Playseat Forza4.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM79 View Post
    The wheel doesn't feel as strong which is great but the shaking is still there and as strong. As mentioned above, on a straight such as Monza at high speed, the wheel doesn't move, but the slightest input to the wheel (as per video) it starts to shake violently - does yours do this?
    No my wheel doesn't do that. This is my FFB Calibration Screen settings (steering gain is set to 1.00, it was cut off last pic).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160621_140524-1.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	177.0 KB 
ID:	234588
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160621_140606-1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	188.1 KB 
ID:	234589

Maybe those 2 pics will help you. I personally run my Tire Force at 45 now. Some people like 60 or higher (personal preference).

Where exactly are you talking about the following...

Overall Strength of all forces: 75%
    Constant: 100%
    Periodic: 0%
    Spring: 0%
    Damper: 0%
    Auto-Center: By the game

If you talking about on the control panel on the computer. That doesn't effect playing on Xbox One. Only on a PC.
    Last edited by nissan4ever; 22-06-2016 at 02:56.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan4ever View Post
    That doesn't affect playing on Xbox One. Only on a PC.
    Are you sure those parameters aren't stored in the wheel itself?
    The difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no difference but in practice there is.
    Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    It does not. Only Fanatecs stuff saves into base and pedals.

Funny thing is, when I changed my setup from TX / 599xx to Fanatec I also had this similar violent shaking on strights if i let go of the wheel on PC but not at all on PS4, very strange. Only in Pcars, Assetto and R2E no problem at all. I only play pcars on PS4 so have not investigated any further.

Have you reset controler setting on pcars/xbox to default and recalibrate all?
    Last edited by Boskapongen; 21-06-2016 at 19:32.
    Fanatec CSW V2 / Rims: BMW M3 GT2 / F1 / P1 / ClubSport V3 Pedals + Brake-mod / I7-5930K / GTX 980 / Asus X99-A / 32Gb Ram / XB1 / rSeat RS1 AC

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    No, not when used on Xbox One.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan4ever View Post
    No, not when used on Xbox One.
    Yep that appears to be correct, I set them all to zero and then tried the game again and all the forces were still there.
    PS4 PRO, PS4 VR headset, 60inch Samsung UHDtv T300rs T500rs+Ferrari F1 add on, butt kicker 2, Playseat evolution, Playseat Forza4.