Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Like Playseat Challenge but with Shifter Mount?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Like Playseat Challenge but with Shifter Mount?

Hi all,

I'm looking at getting a sim setup together, and I'd really like to have a shifter as part of it. The Playseat Challenge looks nearly perfect for my needs (don't have room for a full cockpit, sadly), the only problem being it has no good place to put a shifter. (I know Playseat sells what they call a shifter mount on their site. From the handful of pictures, I can't tell what exactly it is or how it would fit onto the seat.) I've seen some impressive improvised solutions around the internet, including on these forums, but I'm not very handy and ideally I would like to find a good mount rather than having to craft one myself.

Does anyone know of a seat that is similar to the Playseat Challenge but has a shifter mount, or of a good pre-made mount that will work with the Challenge? (I'm considering going all-out and getting Fanatec gear once I can afford it; I've heard the Clubsport V2 shifter has a pretty powerful throw, and I'm not sure if this will be an issue with the Playseat Challenge or any potential mount.)

Thanks!

Platform
    XBOX1
    What do you mean, no place for a shifter mount?

The whole build here: http://oscarolim.pt/view-gallery/detail/2/gamespace

Thrustmaster TX Ferrari 458 / F1 Rim / 599XX Rim / T3PA Pro / TH8A / Playseat Challenge / XBOX One 2.5TB

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hi Oscar, thanks for sharing. Is the metal piece the shifter is on something included with the Playseat Challenge (or the THP8A), or did you make it yourself? Were the straps and screws securing it to the chair also part of the package?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarolim View Post
    What do you mean, no place for a shifter mount
    Just curious, why are you still using the clamp ? You can hardmount the TH...
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, OSW Simucube small Mige - BissC encoder / SSRG Custom wheel / Fanatec CSW shifter / Heusinkveld Ultimate pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 1080 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / / RS Dash

Platform
    XBOX1

But dem white ferrero rocher, mmmmmmmmmmm
    My Racing Simulation System: TV, XBOX, PAD, CHAIR, SPLIFF.
    The following user likes this Post: JayRocVW

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    What do you mean, no place for a shifter mount?

The whole build here: http://oscarolim.pt/view-gallery/detail/2/gamespace
    I just found out what the extra velcro loops are for
    The following user likes this Post: oscarolim

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorRain835 View Post
    Hi Oscar, thanks for sharing. Is the metal piece the shifter is on something included with the Playseat Challenge (or the THP8A), or did you make it yourself? Were the straps and screws securing it to the chair also part of the package?
    No, I bought it myself from my DIY store, for about 10 or so (had to buy a big pack of screws which was the most expensive, and couldn't find packs with 3 or 4).

So on the chair's arm I drilled two holes for the two screws you see underneath.

You can use a different support, as long as is L shape and with a base big enough to hold the shifter.

The bracket is really not needed, but I put it there just in case for those moments where I am more brute with the shifter

Thrustmaster TX Ferrari 458 / F1 Rim / 599XX Rim / T3PA Pro / TH8A / Playseat Challenge / XBOX One 2.5TB

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanapryde View Post
    Just curious, why are you still using the clamp ? You can hardmount the TH...
    I have to drill the right holes on the base, but I haven't got around it yet. It's on my plans though

Platform
    PC
    I have to drill the right holes on the base, but I haven't got around it yet. It's on my plans though
    Ah, that clears it
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, OSW Simucube small Mige - BissC encoder / SSRG Custom wheel / Fanatec CSW shifter / Heusinkveld Ultimate pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 1080 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / / RS Dash