Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why cant codemasters manage to add seat adjustment option to consoles for the f1 game

Platform
    XBOX1

why cant codemasters manage to add seat adjustment option to consoles for the f1 game

About to blow a gasket because it looks like codemasters isn't going to add this option to consoles again. I would like to get a better understanding to how this feature gets added to games and why codemasters isnt adding it. My understanding is their are a couple of ways this can be added. With in game options that affects and causes FPS issues or with keyboard controls as sort of a free cam that doesn't cause FPS issues because it isn't actually changing the games FOV settings. Is codemasters just not bothering with adding this or is there some honest issue stopping them from adding it to consoles.
    The following user likes this Post: seb02

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin kirk View Post
    About to blow a gasket because it looks like codemasters isn't going to add this option to consoles again. I would like to get a better understanding to how this feature gets added to games and why codemasters isnt adding it. My understanding is their are a couple of ways this can be added. With in game options that affects and causes FPS issues or with keyboard controls as sort of a free cam that doesn't cause FPS issues because it isn't actually changing the games FOV settings. Is codemasters just not bothering with adding this or is there some honest issue stopping them from adding it to consoles.
    Are you referring to F1 2016 when you said Codemasters won't be adding FOV? If you are then that's really dissapointing. As for the reason why, I don't particularly care, it's not my job. All I know is that where there is a will, there is a way; SMS have demonstrated that it can be done on console.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeC View Post
    Are you referring to F1 2016 when you said Codemasters won't be adding FOV? If you are then that's really dissapointing. As for the reason why, I don't particularly care, it's not my job. All I know is that where there is a will, there is a way; SMS have demonstrated that it can be done on console.
    ....im going by the sim racing first drive video from e3 stating that when asked about adjusting the seat, Lee Majors (I think that's his name) said it would be on P.C. but didn't mention it would be on consoles. I'm just wondering how this option works in gameplay with both doing it by a in game option and with keyboard. I just want to know if its just a case of codemasters not bothering with it or if there is some honest issue preventing them from being able to do this for the third year in a row.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    That default seat position was pretty far back too.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefelluh View Post
    That default seat position was pretty far back too.
    ... seating way to high in the car also

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Hmm thats strange because they put it in Dirt:Rally on the XBox. Not FOV but seat adjustment.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa

Platform
    PC
    F1 2015 had a patch that let you adjust the FOV !? Or was I imagining that ?
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Philips 40" 60Hz Widescreen 4K Ultra HD LED monitor \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 whit Simhub \ Yamaha 5.1 amp \ RSEAT RS1 Assetto Corsa edition \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift S and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by bporion View Post
    F1 2015 had a patch that let you adjust the FOV !? Or was I imagining that ?
    ...only on pc not consoles

Platform
    PC
    I see , I did not see that you play on xbox1 . I guess its time to upgrade to a PC !
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Philips 40" 60Hz Widescreen 4K Ultra HD LED monitor \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 whit Simhub \ Yamaha 5.1 amp \ RSEAT RS1 Assetto Corsa edition \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift S and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by bporion View Post
    I see , I did not see that you play on xbox1 . I guess its time to upgrade to a PC !
    .....hell I had to wait a year to get a xbox one. Besides, I cant exactly get into pc just because of codemasters refuses to put in a basic option in their game. I just wont buy their game like I did last year. The default view is so far beyond being any thing close to accurate its either one of two things. Either there just simply making it so wrong as a screw you to console players or they purposely screw up the cockpit view to edge players to use the t cam view so they don't have to spend time on the cockpit view during game development. Now wait before you think I'm crazy, but as crazy off the wall B.S as that sounds. You have to remember this is a company that tried the stunt of not putting in a cockpit view of anykind in the grid games saying no one uses the cockpit view. Then in the next grid game just had a blacked out cockpit view. That sort of logic of trying to get players to use tcam is very much something codemasters would try because they have done it before in the grid series of games.