Thread: could someone explain what the devlopment app is on xbox in a way i can understand it

Platform
    XBOX1

could someone explain what the devlopment app is on xbox in a way i can understand it

Read all kinds of stuff trying to find out but everything just goes right over my head. Yes its for making apps and games but exactly what kind of games and apps. Does it allow to change gameplay or sorta mod regular games with opening up more options in the xbox one setup menu ? What are the things you can do with it?

Platform
    PC
    Is this what you're talking about? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_Development_Kit
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    Is this what you're talking about? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_Development_Kit
    ....yea,i read that but it doesn't actually say what kind of apps can be made. Is it apps to heighten games gameplay like the pcars apps or is it just apps to use with T.V ,sports, and so on? I basicly want to know if it opens up options such as developer cam adjustment for all games gameplay or any hidden options to tinker with or "mod" for the lack of a better word. Sound,display, screen size and so on.

Platform
    PC
    I assume it's for developing any piece of software that can run on an Xbox. That could be a game, could be a TV app, whatever. I'm not sure that MS will allow you to mod a game though (ie., like what is often done with PC games).
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    I assume it's for developing any piece of software that can run on an Xbox. That could be a game, could be a TV app, whatever. I'm not sure that MS will allow you to mod a game though (ie., like what is often done with PC games).
    .....maybe the word mod was the wrong word. Not actually changing gameplay but open more options in the settings for the xbox. Setting such as display video output, audio output, and so on for the console itself is pretty limited. The HD adjustments pages doesn't even have anyway to actually adjust whats its asking you to adjust. For example it shows you the lines to align to the edge of your screen but doesn't actually have anyway to move them to align them. Just thought maybe the app would open all of that up with the use of a "developer" mode .

Platform
    PC
    Stuff like that would be controlled by the operating system. I'm reasonably certain that they wouldn't give you access to that.
    The following user likes this Post: kevin kirk