Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Struggling with rear traction on Ford Falcon V8 Supercar

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

Struggling with rear traction on Ford Falcon V8 Supercar

I cannot come to grips using the Ford Falcon. I on Xbox 1 using a controller. This car just is too tail happy. I touch the curbs and all h breaks loose lol. I try and stay off curbs but sometimes it's just not possible. Any suggestions? Not a big tuning guy. I know some basics but this car is getting under my skin. I really want to enjoy this car.

Platform
    PC
    The cars are really that hard to drive in real life, as confirmed by international racing drivers who are invited to drive them during the endurance races. You could look at reducing throttle sensitivity in the controller options, or turn on traction control , or reduce rear tyre pressures.

MB Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe // CPU Intel i5 3570K // RAM G.Skill 16GB DDR3 @2133MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia Titan X // HDD 4x 2TB Western Digital // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler Corsair H80 // Case CoolerMaster 650 Silencio // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 // Seat PlaySeat Executive
    The following user likes this Post: Silraed

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Poulka View Post
    I cannot come to grips using the Ford Falcon. I on Xbox 1 using a controller. This car just is too tail happy. I touch the curbs and all h breaks loose lol. I try and stay off curbs but sometimes it's just not possible. Any suggestions? Not a big tuning guy. I know some basics but this car is getting under my skin. I really want to enjoy this car.
    I don't know the car. Here's general advice. Assuming tire temperatures are correct. Ride height is as low as possible without bottoming/making suspension obsolete.

Kerbs - Loosen Fast Dampers, particularly Bumpers.
    Tail Happy Always - Loosen rear suspension. => Stronger transfer of weight, stronger traction.
    Tail Happy on Hard Throttle - Loosen Rear Slow Bumper in Dampers. (Stiffen front slow rebound if steering input dead during acceleration). Might also loosen the rear slow rebound if losing rear after initial jolt of acceleration.
    Power Oversteer on Throttle - Lessen Acc Differential Lock. Maybe stiffer rear swaybar.
    Last edited by Xraider; 08-07-2016 at 07:08.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Xraider View Post
    Power Oversteer on Throttle - Lessen Acc Differential Lock. Maybe stiffer rear swaybar.
    Diff is spooled on falcon
    The following user likes this Post: Xraider

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by havocc View Post
    Diff is spooled on falcon
    Ok. Wasn't aware.

For any interested
    Last edited by Xraider; 08-07-2016 at 07:51.

Platform
    PS4
    Check out Casey Ringley's "Physics of..." Threads for more info the falcon and how to drive it.
    It's a big lumbering beast on craps tyres and no aero, and all the more lovely for it.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings (PC1).
    PC2 G29 ffb Raw 95-45-35-60

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Check out Casey Ringley's "Physics of..." Threads for more info the falcon and how to drive it.
    It's a big lumbering beast on craps tyres and no aero, and all the more lovely for it.
    easy on throttle when steering, brake 100m before the point a gt3 would

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Love how alive the falcon feels that spool diff is lovely one of my favourite cars, wish we had the full supercars lineup..
    To the op as has been said above me easy with the throttle on the exits, once you get used to it you'll find it's an easy car to control with the throttle very predictable oversteer available on demand.
    Run the tyres as soft as you can within temps..
    Stay off full throttle on the kerbs they will spin you..
    Last edited by Tomcul; 08-07-2016 at 11:01.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 View Post
    The cars are really that hard to drive in real life, as confirmed by international racing drivers who are invited to drive them during the endurance races. You could look at reducing throttle sensitivity in the controller options, or turn on traction control , or reduce rear tyre pressures.
    Just to note that although one can do it, IRL this ARE drivers cars. No assists whatsoever, low DF, heavy, around 600hp on tyres that i'm still figuring out how can they last so long on a front engined car!

Just getting off the starting line is hard and looking at just one race one can immediately see how important it is to avoid wheel spin even if just for a bit.

So yeah, hell of car
    ---
    My feedback is always on default setup unless stated otherwise. Auto-Clutch is OFF
    Still hoping for Estoril one day

| CPU: i5 4670K@4.2GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (387.92) | Mobo: AsRock Z87 Extreme6
    | RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz CL10 | PSU: Corsair TX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Onboard Realtek ACL1150 Asus Xonar DX | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    [B]| Monitor:[/B] 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

| Wheel: CSWv2 + CSPv3(usb) + CSS SQv1.5 - (driver v289 - fw 299/130) | Damping: 100 | 900
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: 0 | ABS: 0 | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100

| FFB: Custom |Gain: 100 | Volume: 50 | Tone: 50 | FX: 50 |Frequency: 600

| Visual FX: Default except Interion Flare: Off
    | Performance - Aniso: 16x | MSAA: Medium| SS: 1.4| Vsync: Off | Grass: Low | Envmap/Reflections/Shadows: Low/medium/low| Car/Track: High | Blur: Off | E. Mirrors: Yes | Particles: High/High
    | Driving assists: ABS/TC, maybe - SC always OFF
    | CmdLine: -ffb600 -pthreads 4 -skipcrowds

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    The key is to wait until you are well past the corner apex before getting on the power. The cars accelerate very quickly but also love either washing out or oversteering massively if you time your full power badly. Coupled with brakes that are more 'teacup' than 'dinner plate', it makes the car a very different beast to drive. Once you are 'dialled in' to the way it handles, it is an absolute riot of fun.

My approach to corner entry and exit with this car generally follows this pattern :

Brake early
    Trail brake through the start of the corner
    Wait for it
    Keep waiting
    Wait a bit more
    Mash the throttle

Also, don't forget, this car allows you to adjust the brake balance and the ARB's whilst driving, to suit particular corners
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-3570K w/Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro cooler (overclocked to 4.2GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H motherboard // 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 2400MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Logitech G29 wheel // Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals // Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz // Oculus Rift DK2 // GT Omega Cockpit Pro w/extra bracing //