PC
    Cluck did 2.02 at Bathurst then retired
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cluck, Ryzza5

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by havocc View Post
    Cluck did 2.02 at Bathurst then retired
    By "retired", he means "pressed the pause button, instead of 'request pit stop' because he hadn't raced in a few weeks and forgot where the buttons were (the only time I've regretted wearing my Oculus Rift ), then panicked trying to move my head to the 'cancel' option because I had dropped my mouse on the floor and ended up hovering too long on 'retire to pits' "

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it .
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-3570K w/Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro cooler (overclocked to 4.2GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H motherboard // 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 2400MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Logitech G29 wheel // Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals // Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz // Oculus Rift DK2 // GT Omega Cockpit Pro w/extra bracing //
    The following user likes this Post: Ryzza5

Platform
    PC
    One of the most entertaining cars to drive, just slide it in to get round the track, quite rewarding when you get it right.
    The following user likes this Post: Tomcul

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason PLAdoh View Post
    One of the most entertaining cars to drive, just slide it in to get round the track, quite rewarding when you get it right.
    We painted the wall at sulman park during out race at the mount

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Check out Casey Ringley's "Physics of..." Threads for more info the falcon and how to drive it.
    It's a big lumbering beast on craps tyres and no aero, and all the more lovely for it.
    Here's what Casey said. "It's slightly heavier than a GT3 but with less tire, less aero, and +150hp." That pretty much sums it up.
    Strike 1: No mid-race saves. Strike 2: Dumbed down FFB for consoles. Strike 3: ?
    Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following user likes this Post: Xraider

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. Looks like I have to this to class and do some learning.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    By "retired", he means "pressed the pause button, instead of 'request pit stop' because he hadn't raced in a few weeks and forgot where the buttons were (the only time I've regretted wearing my Oculus Rift ), then panicked trying to move my head to the 'cancel' option because I had dropped my mouse on the floor and ended up hovering too long on 'retire to pits' "

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it .
    I've not done a 2.02 but I have done a race over bathurst in VR and it's probably my favourite pCARS experience in the last 2 years.

MB Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe // CPU Intel i5 3570K // RAM G.Skill 16GB DDR3 @2133MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia Titan X // HDD 4x 2TB Western Digital // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler Corsair H80 // Case CoolerMaster 650 Silencio // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 // Seat PlaySeat Executive
    The following user likes this Post: cluck

Platform
    XBOX1
    Everybody has the same problem with car that you do that's what makes it fun to drive.

WMD Member
    Ken Block a fella with fairly good car control gets his hands on a V8 Supercar

At 2.30

Here doing his usual thing.

Full control of car at start, pit stops, flags and after the end of a race FTW.

Keep it real

CBM 64
    CPU: MOS Technology 6510 0.985 MHz
    Memory: 64 kB RAM + 20 kB ROM
    Graphics: VIC-II (320 200, 16 colors, sprites, raster interrupt)
    Sound: SID 6581 (3 Osc, 4 wave, filter, ADSR, ring)
    Overclocked a little to run pCARS
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Aizcold, Schnizz58

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hi guys,

I'm new here, I just took the Falcon for a run today, my first run was exceptionally "tail happy" as you guys put it, my second run was a lot better using an old technique I used to use when playing with the V8 Supercar in other games. This car is probably the most accurate V8 Supercar simulated by a computer game in my humble opinion so kudos to the development team on that score.

The technique I use is what "the real V8 Supercar drivers" call "short shifting", the semi-automatic function in this game allows you to do this even if you drive the cars using automatic transmission so don't worry if you use it because you can short shift even with this. As you are moving into the corners, change up gear from 2nd through to 3rd, or 1st to 2nd whatever the case may be, this will give the rear of the car far more traction under low rpms and stop the car from being so taily.

That may help some players deal with the lack of traction and wheel spin produced by the V8 Supercar under brakes and on acceleration out of the corners...good luck.

On a personal note I am actually looking for pre-tested set-ups for the FGX if anyone can help with this I would be most grateful.

Cheers guys, nice to meet you all

Dan
    The following 3 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Remco Van Dijk, VelvetTorpedo