Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A general Guide for making muliplayer racing better

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

A general Guide for making muliplayer racing better

Let's try and make up a list of guidelines for making multiplayer lobbies a better experience.
    1. If your doing an oulap (just left the pits and the timer is not running) don't get in the way of your fellow racers. Just pullover and find yourself a gap to get into.
    2. Qualifying is not racing if the guy behind you is faster let him pass and then follow his lines, you could learn something. And if does get by you don't rail him in the next turn, out of petty vengeance.
    3. If you spin out, wait until there is a gap to retake your position of the track. Your lap is already shot, no sense in ruining someone else's lap.
    4. Qualifying is not practice so if you are not familiar with the car/track do yourself and everyone else a favor and find another race to enter.
    5. Above all race clean. If you are faster than the guy in front pass him cleanly. Apply as much pressure as possible and if he doesn't make a mistake and you can't get by him cleanly, sit back and enjoy the competition. This is one aspect that makes racing so much fun. To finish first, first you must finish.
    6. (Courtesy of Ryzza5) When someone faster is behind, above all else, be predictable for them. Don't try to get out of their way at the last second - you've left it too late. They've already planned how they're going to get past you based on what they anticipate you to do, so just stick to that.
    7. (Courtesy of Haiden) If the gap ahead (grid position wise) is faster than your personal best and you know you'll never beat it, and you've got a comfortable gap over the car behind you, then get off the track and make some room for those still vying for position.
    7a.(Courtesy of Haiden) If your hot lap is blown (you ran wide, made contact, missed a braking point, etc), then stay out of other's way, and use the rest of your blown lap to create a decent gap/pocket to run your next hot lap without interference.
    8. (Courtesy of MrFlibble81) Before you make a last minute lunge down the inside, make sure there's actually a gap there. Otherwise you'll just ruin someone's race and probably your own.
    9.(Courtesy of NeonFlux) In quali if you're leaving the pit lane and the lights are on red it means a car on a flying lap is on it's way. Keep out of the way until it's gone past you.
    10. (Courtesy of hkraft300) Know your racing etiquette. You get 1 move to defend per straightaway, do not block. Also the responsibility is on the car behind to make a clean pass.
    As for qualifying session: respect the blue flag. When I'm on cold tyres or brakes I maintain my line and GO slow, or move off line nice and early.

This is just a few suggestions on making public lobbies a better experience. Just remember that a little courtesy and common sense goes a long way. Any more suggestions to add to the list would be appreciated. I know that sms has been inundated with request for driver ratings and other various methods to make online racing better, but with a little work and courtesy we can make it a lot better on our own.
    Last edited by DerrellBiffle; 11-07-2016 at 21:02.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Agreed with everything except #4. If your not familiar with a car/track combo then keep off the racing line when another car is coming up behind you. Don't jeopardize someone else's hotlap.

Platform
    PC
    When someone faster is behind, above all else, be predictable for them. Don't try to get out of their way at the last second - you've left it too late. They've already planned how they're going to get past you based on what they anticipate you to do, so just stick to that.

MB Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe // CPU Intel i5 3570K // RAM G.Skill 16GB DDR3 @2133MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia Titan X // HDD 4x 2TB Western Digital // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler Corsair H80 // Case CoolerMaster 650 Silencio // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 // Seat PlaySeat Executive
    The following user likes this Post: Rambo_Commando

Platform
    PC
    All very good points; nice post.
    ...because simcar

Rig: Intel i7-2600k @ 4.4Ghz | ASUS P8P67 Pro | MSI GeForce GTX980ti GAMING 6gb | Cooler Master Hyper 212x | 16Gb D3-1333 RAM | 1Tb SSD | (2) 1Tb SATA HDD @ 7200rpm, RAID1 | LG 34UC88-B (3440x1440 @ 60Hz) | Win10 Pro | Fanatec CSW v2.5 w/ Clubsport GT rim, CSR Elite pedals & shifter | Modded PS3Eye w/ active IR | OpenTrack 2.3 rc21p11

Platform
    XBOX1
    Depends on which system your on but find a way for everybody in your room to communicate. For example xbox has a 16 person game chat or party chat. Use it and make everybody Mic up. No Mic no race kick those without mics. I dont know how chat works on pc last I read pc guys was using skype.

You will be surprised how much better guys race when they have to answer for their actions on the track. Unless they are just intentional wreckers those guys are just a**holes. A room with good communication solves a lot of public room problems however game chat has not been good since the games release. They have been trying to fix it but communication is crucial for running good rooms.

Platform
    PC
    1. If the gap ahead (grid position wise) is faster than your personal best and you know you'll never beat it, and you've got a comfortable gap over the car behind you, then get off the track and make some room for those still vying for position.

2. If your hot lap is blown (you ran wide, made contact, missed a braking point, etc), then stay out of other's way, and use the rest of your blown lap to create a decent gap/pocket to run your next hot lap without interference.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | GTX 1080, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: CSW-v2, CSP-v3, CSS SQ / Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | Samsung 46"| GT Omega ART | BK Gamer2

Steam ID: Haiden773
    The following user likes this Post: Rambo_Commando

Platform
    PS4
    I'll also add to this. Before you make a last minute lunge down the inside, make sure there's actually a gap there. Otherwise you'll just ruin someone's race and probably your own.
    "Leave me alone, I know what I am doing" -- Kimi Raikonnen.
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver" -- Ayrton Senna
    "F**K! S**T! F**K!!" -- Me, during every race.
    Couch, Coors Light, DS4 = Setup of champions.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: NeonFlux, Rambo_Commando

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    mm. when in quali and your faster behind me, you should have left a bigger gap...........no need to exit my lap for someone not respecting slowerdrivers

Platform
    PC
    Doesn't always work, I leave massive gaps sometimes and you get someone mess up who's 30 second ahead going off track and sliding etc and they still get in your way when you catch up thinking they are on a hot lap.

The standard of some peoples situational awareness is shocking sometimes, I am convinced some people don't use the virtual mirror or cockpits mirrors. Use as many mirrors as you can!
    The following user likes this Post: NeonFlux

Platform
    PS4
    Know your racing etiquette. Weaving down a straight and sideswipes are not on. You get 1 move to defend, not block. Also the responsibility is on the car behind to make a clean pass.
    As for qualifying session: respect the blue flag. When I'm on cold tyres or brakes I maintain my line and GO slow, or move off line nice and early (like Ryzza said above).
    G29 FFB RAW 95-50-5-0

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?