Thread: Looking to buy a new setup and I need some opinions

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Looking to buy a new setup and I need some opinions

Hey there,

I am looking at buying a new set to race with as my GT3rs and G27 have both died on me. I wanted to go with a t500 rs but had some other options come by that I would like to discuss. As far as I know a T300 is identical to a TX.
    Option 1: T500 RS with T3pa PRO pedals = 400 Euro
    Option 2: T300 RS plus T3pa = 370 Euro
    Option 3: TX racing Wheel Leather edition plus T3pa = 365 Euro
    I am also looking at adding a Th8a Shiffter for 125 euro.
    From what I have read the t500 rs would have greater feedback but the t300 would be more refined and since I dont need strong feedback it would be better, on the other hand the t300 has normal pedals and not the pro version. I am ONLY playing on pc, so no console compatibility needed.

The whole setup will be mounted to a playseat that I already own if this changes any opinions.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I've got the T300 and the T500, I've given both of them a good try out and I keep coming back to the T500. The main difference I've found between the 2 that makes me favour the T500 is the fact that when the game doesn't exert any self centering force on the wheel (Dirt Rally) the T300 feels like it's broken as there is no resistance when turning the wheel, On the other hand even when the T500 is turned off there is more feel in the wheel than the T300.
    I've also got the pro pedals and they are very good as is the shifter, I can't use manual gears with the T500 and no shifter as the paddles are fixed and it's a pain trying to change gear when you've got a fair amount of steering lock on. The T300 is much better for manual as the paddles follow the wheel.
    As for the T300 feeling more "refined" I can't say I've noticed any major differences in the ffb apart from the T300 being a bit weaker, both wheels give plenty of feel for what's going on with the car if set up correctly.
    If I had to pick from all the options you've suggested it would be T500, pro pedals and shifter
    PS4 PRO, PS4 VR headset, 60inch Samsung 4K UHD TV, GT Omega pro cockpit, Fanatec CSL PS4 with BMW rim, Formula carbon rim, CSL loadcell pedals, Thrustmaster TH8A shifter, Turtle Beach Stealth700 Bluetooth h/set.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Madwak55 View Post
    I've got the T300 and the T500, I've given both of them a good try out and I keep coming back to the T500. The main difference I've found between the 2 that makes me favour the T500 is the fact that when the game doesn't exert any self centering force on the wheel (Dirt Rally) the T300 feels like it's broken as there is no resistance when turning the wheel, On the other hand even when the T500 is turned off there is more feel in the wheel than the T300.
    I've also got the pro pedals and they are very good as is the shifter, I can't use manual gears with the T500 and no shifter as the paddles are fixed and it's a pain trying to change gear when you've got a fair amount of steering lock on. The T300 is much better for manual as the paddles follow the wheel.
    As for the T300 feeling more "refined" I can't say I've noticed any major differences in the ffb apart from the T300 being a bit weaker, both wheels give plenty of feel for what's going on with the car if set up correctly.
    If I had to pick from all the options you've suggested it would be T500, pro pedals and shifter
    The t500 feels like that because it is a brushed motor where the t300 is brushless. That in no way makes it better. The t500 is slightly stronger but the t300 will have more feel .
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    The t500 feels like that because it is a brushed motor where the t300 is brushless. That in no way makes it better. The t500 is slightly stronger but the t300 will have more feel .
    I got the T300 months before the T500 and playing project cars with it I was very happy as the ffb in Pcars is excellent, it's when I moved on to Dirt where the ffb is crap (especially for the T300) that I picked up the T500 to see if I could get a better feel. I've not had time to go back to Pcars and do a serious comparison between the 2 wheels for ffb feel but from what I have tried there isn't a night and day type difference maybe just a subtle one that I haven't noticed yet?
    I'm not trying to say one wheel is better than the other they both appear fine when the game ffb is decent I'm just pointing out that when the game ffb isn't up to scratch the T300 feels a bit wimpy whereas the T500 feels a bit more heavy duty which as you say could be due to the different types of motor?
    I also tried a G29 for a day but took that one back as both the thrustmasters had way better feel.
    PS4 PRO, PS4 VR headset, 60inch Samsung 4K UHD TV, GT Omega pro cockpit, Fanatec CSL PS4 with BMW rim, Formula carbon rim, CSL loadcell pedals, Thrustmaster TH8A shifter, Turtle Beach Stealth700 Bluetooth h/set.
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thank you very much for the replies! I think ill go with a T300 seeing I mostly play Pcars, Iracing and RF2. Being used to a G27 and gt3rs V2 I think the feedback on the T300 will be more than enough. Ill probably pick up the TX Base plus EVO alcantara rim and the t3pa pedals with the optional shifter later.

From what I can tell I would want to sacrifice the Pro version pedals for a smaller (''more accurate''/''newer'') Base with an alcantara 30 CM wheel and the normal T3pa's using the included conical brake mod. I have to be honest in that I have used Csr Elite pedals aswell and they did not really differ (to me personally, there is a great difference!) from t3pa's that I tried out while immersed in racing, perhaps because it was mounted to a playseat.

Again, thanks for your opinions!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Batsegeziech View Post
    Thank you very much for the replies! I think ill go with a T300 seeing I mostly play Pcars, Iracing and RF2. Being used to a G27 and gt3rs V2 I think the feedback on the T300 will be more than enough. Ill probably pick up the TX Base plus EVO alcantara rim and the t3pa pedals with the optional shifter later.

From what I can tell I would want to sacrifice the Pro version pedals for a smaller (''more accurate''/''newer'') Base with an alcantara 30 CM wheel and the normal T3pa's using the included conical brake mod. I have to be honest in that I have used Csr Elite pedals aswell and they did not really differ (to me personally, there is a great difference!) from t3pa's that I tried out while immersed in racing, perhaps because it was mounted to a playseat.

Again, thanks for your opinions!
    Youll love the bigger wheel. It makes a huge difference. I would honestly get the pro pedals after having both sets. Unless something has changed only the pros come with the conical brake mod which works pretty well but id definitely get a load cell when you can afford it.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I have a t300rs and the t3pa pedals. Used them for a bout a year and very pleased with the setup. Mind you I haven't that many other wheels so don't have a huge frame of reference.
    Setup: i7-6700k 4.0ghz, EVGA SC GTX 980 Ti, 16gb ram, 65' Samsung UHD TV, Turtle Beach Stealth 500p headset, Thrustmaster T300RS,T3PA pedals
    Preferred class: GT3
    Steam: Rubberducky2k10