Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xbox One S slighty faster then original...

Platform
    PC

Xbox One S slighty faster then original...

Turns out the new S is slightly faster

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pcars-c.JPG 
Views:	284 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	235247

Read full test here.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...benchmarked-it
    Great VR Performance Guide by QWASZX for Project Cars 2 here:

Fanatec CSW V2.5 / Rims: BMW M3 GT2 / F1 / P1 / ClubSport V3 Pedals + Brake Perf Kit / I7-5930K@4.2 / MSI 1080ti GX / Asus X99-A / 32Gb Ram / XBox X / rSeat RS1 / Rift CV1 / Win10/64 CU1709

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Not to shabby but I'm in no rush too change just yet, I'll wait till Scorpio comes out and see how much more improve it will be.
    The following 7 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Dynomight Motorsports, EpilepticToast, Ixoye56, OddTimer, RoccoTTS, Seps1974

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Marzoom View Post
    Not to shabby but I'm in no rush too change just yet, I'll wait till Scorpio comes out and see how much more improve it will be.
    Will be improvement (definitely way more than Xbox One S. We talking 6 Terraflops along with what ever boosts in GPU & CPU). By then, hopefully Project CARS 2 will be out & I'll be playing it on Project Scorpio. But I will load up Project CARS on Project Scorpio, crank up grid size & see what happens (all weather types. Since Project CARS has an unlocked frames. I'm expecting Project CARS to basically stay at 60fps on Scorpio. Especially if there was slight improvement with Xbox One S. Scorpio will be way more powerful than the S).
    Last edited by nissan4ever; 05-08-2016 at 01:58.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/PCars Dash/Crew Chief for Project CARS/Turtle Beach Elite 800X/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR (w/HDR Game Mode)
    The following user likes this Post: Dresden

Platform
    XBOX1
    My Racing Simulation System: TV, XBOX, PAD, CHAIR, SPLIFF.
    The following user likes this Post: nissan4ever

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Fractured Life View Post
    I remember that interview when he missed practice. LOL
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/PCars Dash/Crew Chief for Project CARS/Turtle Beach Elite 800X/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR (w/HDR Game Mode)

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Boskapongen View Post
    Turns out the new S is slightly faster

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pcars-c.JPG 
Views:	284 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	235247

Read full test here.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...benchmarked-it
    Interesting, but at the same time so much not worth the upgrade if you already have an XBox. The one reason someone with a launch XBox should be interested is to increase from 500 GB to 2 TB internal HD. I have the 1 TB XBox and it's over 50% full already so I could see a point there. But to go from 48 fps to 55 fps on a certain map with a certain weather condition and a certain number of cars on track? Nah, like someone suggested, just wait for Project Scorpio and see what that all brings. It might even support VR by then and in a year you might regret upgrading from XBox One Classic to Slim.

Don't have an XBox yet? By all means sure go for the Slim. But if you have one already I would just wait. People these days are way too obsessed with frame rates. For example Forza Horizon 2 only has 30 fps and I have no issue at all with that game and I can easily play it for hours and hours. Perhaps it might have something to do with the quality of my receiver + TV set but I doubt it. So 55 or 48 fps in that screenshot would hardly make a difference IMO.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ comfy 4k+ EUR sofa
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Dresden, Hammerpgh, nissan4ever, RoccoTTS

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    Interesting, but at the same time so much not worth the upgrade if you already have an XBox. The one reason someone with a launch XBox should be interested is to increase from 500 GB to 2 TB internal HD. I have the 1 TB XBox and it's over 50% full already so I could see a point there. But to go from 48 fps to 55 fps on a certain map with a certain weather condition and a certain number of cars on track? Nah, like someone suggested, just wait for Project Scorpio and see what that all brings. It might even support VR by then and in a year you might regret upgrading from XBox One Classic to Slim.

Don't have an XBox yet? By all means sure go for the Slim. But if you have one already I would just wait. People these days are way too obsessed with frame rates. For example Forza Horizon 2 only has 30 fps and I have no issue at all with that game and I can easily play it for hours and hours. Perhaps it might have something to do with the quality of my receiver + TV set but I doubt it. So 55 or 48 fps in that screenshot would hardly make a difference IMO.
    Yeah, I'm not buying the S. I got a 4tb external hdd on my Xbox One. I'll pick up Project Scorpio when it comes out. I'm sure Digital Foundry will test Project Cars on it & see what the bump in performance is. I'm assuming 60fps all the time & no more screen tearing. We don't know which GPU or CPU it will have (or their clock speed). Definitely will be better than what the Xbox One & S have. Beefier & faster. Has to be if they going to be able to do VR & 4k (along with the infamous 6 terraflops ).
    Last edited by nissan4ever; 08-08-2016 at 09:35.

Platform
    PC
    White 2TB version already sold out and no more coming.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/08/08/mic...-s-2tb-models/
    Great VR Performance Guide by QWASZX for Project Cars 2 here:

Fanatec CSW V2.5 / Rims: BMW M3 GT2 / F1 / P1 / ClubSport V3 Pedals + Brake Perf Kit / I7-5930K@4.2 / MSI 1080ti GX / Asus X99-A / 32Gb Ram / XBox X / rSeat RS1 / Rift CV1 / Win10/64 CU1709

Platform
    XBOX1
    I'm personally upgrading because I like the Gears edition. And 2TB internal will mean I don't need to have the HD connected all the time, and I get an extra xbox for the bedroom for when the wife takes over the living room

Thrustmaster TX Ferrari 458 / F1 Rim / 599XX Rim / T3PA Pro / TH8A / Playseat Challenge / XBOX One 2.5TB
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Boskapongen, nissan4ever, talby71

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Is the xbox1 S and better at connecting to wifi cos my forza6 xbox1 has issues regards to that. On quite a few occasions i switch it on and it wont connect to my wifi
    PSN LTR_30
    XBOX LIVE PISSHEAD30
    TWITCH LTR_30
    TWITTER/YOUTUBE PISSHEAD30