Thread: Refill fuel problem

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Refill fuel problem

Hi everyone,

I don't know if I post this in the right section but I see it as support.
    My problem is when I am racing (online/offline/carreer mode) and when I go in pits to refill my fuel it won't do anything. The fuel amount remains the same.. I already checked the Pit Strategy where What's wrong, do I miss something like I can't refill during race or something else?
    Btw. I'm racing Formula A.

For example:
    Today I start the race with fuel for 61 laps or liter (below this option I read "Fuel will last for approx. 61 L", and my race in this example was 33 laps at Hockenheim GP). But after 13 laps my fuel was 25 liter left, so a quick calculation shows that I will run out of fuel during the race. So to give me enough time to recover from this pitstop and gain some places on the track I immediately did a pitstop, I checked my pit strategy and changed my refill fuel to have enough fuel for the rest of the race but my fuel amount remains exactly the same as I entered the pits.

Already thanks for the help!

Greets.
    xiloz

Platform
    PC
    Formula A might not allow refueling during a race.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Invincible, Konan

Platform
    PC
    Formula series indeed don't allow refueling. And if you skipped the qualifying, it may show you incorrect values. If it says you can do with 1 L of fuel per lap in F1, it's simply wrong and you shouldn't trust it. Do practice or qualifying before the race and it will show more realistic values. Although they tend to be quite conservative then.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    There's an issue with FA lately though...even with qualifying it gives the wrong fuel estimate (99l/99laps)...i've done some testing for another thread (which i will post here if I can find it) where someone reported the mandatory pitstop wasn't working anymore...after some serious testing with various conditions I found out that neither the AI or the player gets a mandatory pitstop warning and nobody goes in either...it was then when i noticed the wrong fuel estimate,which occurred before but i thought it was fixed IIRC...
    Last edited by Konan; 10-08-2016 at 17:08.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    ...found it...reported it to the devs back then...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...AI-not-pitting

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    None of the fuel estimates are correct for any car, they are always to much for me (about 5L - 10L) but it was designed to be only a rough estimate.
    I use pCARS Dash, and that will give you the correct fuel usage per lap, then it's easy to put the right amount of fuel in.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following user likes this Post: Siberian Tiger

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    None of the fuel estimates are correct for any car, they are always to much for me (about 5L - 10L) but it was designed to be only a rough estimate.
    I use pCARS Dash, and that will give you the correct fuel usage per lap, then it's easy to put the right amount of fuel in.
    I agree with that. I'm sure the estimates are deliberately conservative. The last thing they'd want is to set the fuel for 20 laps and then have somebody run out of fuel on lap 20.

I usually use vrHive to get my fuel usage per lap, then add a couple of laps to whatever the race distance is and calculate the needed fuel from that. However sometimes I forget to do that and I've found that if I use the in-game estimate for the exact number of laps as the race or slightly less (instead of adding a couple for margin of error), I will end up with a couple of extra laps worth of fuel left over at the end. So it works out to be about the same either way.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2