Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for club / regular race

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Looking for club / regular race

Hi all,

I am new to this forum but not new to online racing with a club / team raced GT5 for around 2 years with a great group of guys and now looking for something similar on Project Cars (P.C. platform)

If you are part of a club / league please point me in the right direction. PM would be great.

I have raced online a few times on Project cars but find that lobbies often die out after a few short races, i guess everyone is after different things but i would like to join a good clean driving lobby for a session to see how it is.

UK based,

Thanks,

Matt

Platform
    PC
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    Hello Spatt,

Me too I'm looking for a team but without being obliged to speak in TS during events. I'm also maybe looking to create a new team. The issue is that none of my real friends play simracing games, so I would be starting from scratch.

If there is a team where TS is not their priority, I would like to be in because sorry for being a little harsh, for me speaking in TS with people we don't know is like talking to people we don't know in the streets.

I play pCARS with the HTC Vive and unfortunately, when we are invited to join a session, Steam tells you that you will only be able to play it in desktop version, that is to say without VR. If I invite people it may be different, I don't know yet.

Plus, I have another issue with the Vive. Sometimes, the lenses go blank while practicing and I need to stop the car waiting the view to be back again. When this occurs, I find myself with a new position in the car. The new position is better, sure, but it forbids me from driving for a long time for this reason, because one of the base stations is switching down and then up again. This makes it even more difficult for me to participate in events with friends.

Maybe I should think of going in a team where all have a VR headset. This would bridge the gap and make it equal for everyone, but I guess it's not possible yet because only a few of us have an headset.

Platform
    PC
    Just keep in mind, just because a league requires TS or other communication systems doesn't mean you have to talk yourself. You typically only need to listen.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    Many leagues (mine included) require the use of TS for race management purposes. We also recommend it for spotting for each other as it helps reduce avoidable accidents.

The main reason however is to simplify race management communications such as pre-race driver's briefing, caution or red flag conditions, etc. It's far more efficient than text chat.

Social conversation is not required, however I have personally become friends with many of the members of the league, specifically because I had conversations on TS with them. We also have several members who are very quite, and rarely engage in conversation with the rest of us. That's cool too. To each their own, but at least they are able to hear what is being communicated, and they can speak when the situation calls for it.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    If any UK based Xbox One players want a quick league I am running a GT3 one this week.Start time 4:30pm in an open lobby.

TheBobbyTee
    Quote Originally Posted by Spatt View Post
    Hi all,

I am new to this forum but not new to online racing with a club / team raced GT5 for around 2 years with a great group of guys and now looking for something similar on Project Cars (P.C. platform)

If you are part of a club / league please point me in the right direction. PM would be great.

I have raced online a few times on Project cars but find that lobbies often die out after a few short races, i guess everyone is after different things but i would like to join a good clean driving lobby for a session to see how it is.

UK based,

Thanks,

Matt
    I don't run a league or a team but I do host open lobbies on Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays.
    Generally host GT3, LMP and Classic Formula races, with short quali and an 8-10 lap race.

Note for anyone else wanting join in, I will make them private-passworded lobbies when there's at least 8-10 regular racers.
    Although not a league setup, clean racing is expected at all time and anyone repeatedly not racing clean will be kicked and banned.

Add me on Steam: TheBobbyTee

Platform
    PC
    Hi Spatt,

I seen you applied for RWB earlier this month but guessing it wasn't for you - TS related?

We use TS but you don't have to speak, only listen and it's only compulsory during Saturday league races.

What I will say is that if you're set on non TS using places to race the standard of racing will generally be worse. The more detached people are from those they are racing with the more aggressively they drive and the inability to discuss an incident that just occurred inevitably leads to a build up of tensions and conflict. This in combination with the collision detection/sync issues in Project Cars (person behind doesn't look like they hit the guy in front but the guy in front certainly felt contact) means I'll be surprised if you can find somewhere to race regularly that is at all pleasant without voice comms.

Cheers.
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Precision Racing League's Season 3 in the Formula B cars just started, so it's a great time to join!

http://precisionracingleague.com/ocp...onal-project_4

Usually we run pretty hardcore, no assists on and full damage, but this season since the cars are a bit of a handful we're allowing ABS, TC, and SC for those who need it. Damage is set to Performance Impacting. We race on Sundays at 8pm UK time, 15 min quali, 1 hour Practice. x2 time progression, Real Weather, x2 weather progression. Running very smoothly!

Great bunch of guys for competitive, clean racing. Come join us!

Teamspeak - we use it, it's mandatory, but yeah you don't need to talk. Just as long as your there.
    VR - I've used VR online no problem! Didn't know about this invite issue, but if you just select a lobby (say, our lobby), you should be able to join without any problems.
    Last edited by Javaniceday; 22-09-2016 at 18:56.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Javaniceday View Post
    Precision Racing League's Season 3 in the Formula B cars just started, so it's a great time to join!

http://precisionracingleague.com/ocp...onal-project_4

Usually we run pretty hardcore, no assists on and full damage, but this season since the cars are a bit of a handful we're allowing ABS, TC, and SC for those who need it. Damage is set to Performance Impacting. We race on Sundays at 8pm UK time, 15 min quali, 1 hour Practice. x2 time progression, Real Weather, x2 weather progression. Running very smoothly!

Great bunch of guys for competitive, clean racing. Come join us!

Teamspeak - we use it, it's mandatory, but yeah you don't need to talk. Just as long as your there.
    VR - I've used VR online no problem! Didn't know about this invite issue, but if you just select a lobby (say, our lobby), you should be able to join without any problems.
    I visited your website, it seems nice. The problem is not TS itself, it's the people who run the organization and other people who freak me up. I won't mention anyone and it's also because I've tried with other types of games within a team so it wasn't suitable. Everytime, I wasn't considered seriously, there were lots of complexity so I could absolutely not feel part of those.

What I look in a team is its simplicity, in TS and everywhere else, not malicious people at all. This kind of guys only bring me frustration.

Therefore, next time if I join a team, I hope it will be more simple and that I will be accepted and integrated normally. Due to some health issues, I only can bare simple people and above all, honest.
    "Wise up or motorsports will be Dangerous"