Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: PS4 Pro - Possible update for pCARS?

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4

PS4 Pro

Just wanted to ask if any plans exist to optimise Project Cars for the upcoming PS4 Pro?

Platform
    PC
    Development of pCARS 1 has stopped for the most part so most likely no. Something to look forward to with the next version.

MB Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe // CPU Intel i5 3570K // RAM G.Skill 16GB DDR3 @2133MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia Titan X // HDD 4x 2TB Western Digital // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler Corsair H80 // Case CoolerMaster 650 Silencio // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters (x64 DX11 not gold)

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 // Seat PlaySeat Executive

Platform
    PC
    Threads merged.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 970 3,5+0,5GB | RAM 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Before posting a problem, make sure to check our Known Issues Threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

[QRWEP] Quick Race Weekend Event Planner

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
    I'm just kind of dumping my thoughts here. None of this is meant to be a counter point. I just thought you guy's made some good comments that form a good jumping off point.

IMO, everyone is following Apple these days. Regardless of whether you like Apple or not, they're insanely profitable, and they pulled some huge plays in the early 2000s. Everyone wants their kind of success.

What Apple did to the wireless carriers has had repercussions throughout every single industry where customers are part of a "platform". Sony are trying (desperately) to copy every play they can. Apple customers line up for incremental upgrades (the "S" version of every iPhone since the 3S), so why shouldn't Sony take a play right out of that book and release a PS4 Pro? Likewise with the Fanatec debacle. Sony were slow on the uptake, but it's clear that they want customers locked in to their platform in every way possible. Have a look at how the Fanatec situation is unfolding. Everyone is tight lipped, because they don't want to get kicked off the platform, but why is Fanatec developing a PS4 exclusive wheel option? Because Sony is dictating terms, and they've said that PS4 compatible wheels must be exclusive to the PS4 in the console space. Same for Thrustmaster (TX vs T300RS) and Logitech (G29 vs G920).

The problem for Sony is that this isn't the phone market. I believe there were unique circumstances that came together for Apple. They showed up in the phone market at just the right time, and there are masses of phone users who know next to nothing about mobile platforms, their history, and their pros and cons. They make decisions driven by image and marketing, with a smaller informed segment who have actual reasons for their choice. The gaming market is totally different. Gamers tend to be, on the whole, a lot more informed. What percentage of gamers participate in a forum of some kind or another? What percentage of gamers read reviews before purchasing a game? How do those percentages compare to the phone market) I don't know many gamers who just blindly spend their money on the next product available to them. Most at least check IGN/Gamespot. Granted, those outlets tend to be in the pocket of the platforms, but plenty of people can read between the lines.

Bottom line is, I don't know that this is going to work out for Sony the way that they're betting it will.
    Yes it's all very strange. The big problem is that there are probably many more people who own both consoles than there are those who own and actively use both an IOS and Android phone. Which is kind-of the fault of console makers for having exclusive games.

Also when the accessories that they want to tie up (wheels) cost as much or more than the console itself and take up a significant amount of space then you are just alienating part of your audience. There's a line where gamers won't play ball and Sony are getting pretty close to it.

What makes it worse with Fanatec is that many racers have seemed to already choose the PS4 over Xbox, possibly due in part by the original performance discrepancies between games on both platforms. So wheel manufacturers need to target PS4 for their next model.

I get that wheel makers want to upsell their latest models as well (lest they go out of business) but I'm sure many expect to get at least 5+ years of use out of a quality product. If the quality is poor I'll switch brand next time. If I spend a fortune on a wheel that is artificially deprecated in a few years I'll switch brand next time (or go hunting for some sort of hack).

I expect to keep my CSR Elite until we see some affordable Direct Drive wheels available, AND supported on multiple consoles (you never know, Forza might improve their FFB one day).

MB Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe // CPU Intel i5 3570K // RAM G.Skill 16GB DDR3 @2133MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia Titan X // HDD 4x 2TB Western Digital // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler Corsair H80 // Case CoolerMaster 650 Silencio // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters (x64 DX11 not gold)

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 // Seat PlaySeat Executive
    The following user likes this Post: bradleyland

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    2 weeks ago I tweeted: @projectcarsgame 2 questions: will there be an update for the PS4Pro for better performance? And when will the sound bug finally be fixed?

and this was the answer I got: "There is no news we can share on these two topics right now, I’m afraid."

I do hope they do something with the Pro, for example get rid of the drops in framerate when weather conditions start to change.

Platform
    PS4
    Since PCar is developped for 60 fps, the frame rate drop is due to overload of the processors, no? Should, the better hardware of the ps4 pro resolve part of these issues and improve fluidity without any optimisation from the devs?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Fre.Mo View Post
    Since PCar is developped for 60 fps, the frame rate drop is due to overload of the processors, no? Should, the better hardware of the ps4 pro resolve part of these issues and improve fluidity without any optimisation from the devs?
    unfortunately not.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Fre.Mo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnns84 View Post
    unfortunately not.
    Yes it should if sony don't restrict the power for current games. for example the xbox one s was slightly over clocked in GPU and CPU and some of the same games running on it improved their framerate a little about 2 to 5 fps. Digital foundry (eurogamer) tested pcars on the one s and found it ran up to 9fps better. it will depend on what sony implement for standard current games as it is said it has a base mode and pro mode setting within the system.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Sony said that nothing in games will change with the pro unless the developer makes an update so the game can run on the pro setting and benefit from it.

Platform
    PS4
    I will buy the Pro. Although I don't have a 4k UHD HDR TV. I may presume the gfx or fps will be better than we see on the standard PS4. Certainty on new games.
    So PRo it will be. Cancled my VR set and will spend the money on a PS4 pro ow and a new wheel. Don't know which one will be great on a PRO...
    can't wait to see pcars 2 released.