Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Praetorium - Structured Public Race Sessions (PC)

Platform
    PC

The Praetorium - Structured Public Race Sessions (PC)

The Praetorium isn’t a racing league. It’s a floating multiplayer session for like-minded racers that would like a little more structure than random multiplayer sessions usually offer, without the commitment, logistics, and pressure that is often associated with league racing.

The idea behind the Praetorium is that whenever players see the name in the server list, they will know what to expect—which tracks will be in the rotation cycle, how many laps, the weather, date/time of day, as well as what other session settings like assists, damage, tire wear, etc. will be in effect. Most of all, they’ll also know what rules apply and that proper race etiquette is encouraged and expected, and that repeat or egregious offenders will be removed from sessions.

Will it work? Well, to be honest, I’m not exactly sure, but I figured I’d give it a shot and see how things go. So I’ll updated the session info below on a weekly basis, posting the new track rotation and class for the upcoming week. Currently, there are no set days and times that the Praetorium will be up and running—again, it’s a floating session—but you’re most likely to see it show up weeknights, between 8:00 – 10:30 PM (CT) and off and on during the weekends between 12:00 PM and 9:00 PM. Track rotation and class selection will vary from week to week, and suggestions and recommendations are welcome.

If you would like to be notified when the Praetorium comes online, leave your SteamID below or send a request to SteamID: Haiden773, and I’ll add you to the group.

Below, is this week’s session, class, and track info, along with a list of session rules and expected race etiquette. Violating rules will get you kicked. Not observing etiquette may get you a warning, but you’d have to be a repeat or gross offender to be kicked.

The Praetorium will be running the following as of 10/19/16:

Class: GT3

Track Cycle:

Catalunya GP
    Watkins Glen GP
    Silverstone GP
    Le Mans Bugatti Circuit
    Road America
    Brno
    Brands Hatch GP
    Hockenheim GP

Session Info: (for the first week or two, I’d like to keep it simple—one class, same day/time)

Qualification: 10 – 15 minutes, depending on grid size

Race Laps: 4 – 6

Date/Time: July 1, 2:00 PM (all tracks)

Weather: Clear (all tracks)

Assists: Real

Default Setups: No

Tire Wear: x2

Fuel Usage: Real

Damage: No

Mandatory Pit Stop: No

Rules: (very simple)

1. Respect other drivers.
    2. No crashing.
    3. No blocking.
    4. No standing on or near the track—especially near the prime race line. It’s distracting to other drivers. If you’re taking a break or chatting, go back to the garage or park far away from the track.

Race Etiquette: (Suggestions for addition are welcome)

1. Respect other drivers.
    2. It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver to execute a clean pass.
    3. If you’re riding someone’s tail into a corner, adjust your braking points, or pull out and take a different line. Rear ending someone, and then claiming they broke earlier than you expected is not an excuse.
    4. If you bump someone and cause them to lose position, give the position back, if possible. This is only fair. You didn’t earn the position legitimately, so give it back.
    5. If you lose a car in your mirrors, assume the driver is alongside you hold your line. I strongly recommend using Crew Chief (it’s free on PC). If not, then map your left and right looks and use them.
    6. When exiting pit lane, use caution and stay in the reentry lane until you’re clear to rejoin. During qualification, do not rejoin in front a driver on their hot lap.
    7. If you run off track, use caution when rejoining. Yes. You’re going to lose position. Errors have consequences. Accept it.
    8. If you’re on your hot lap, turn on your headlights, so other know.
    9. If you’re on an out lap, or have blown a hot lap, do not block, interfere, or hinder other drivers running their hot laps.
    10. If you’ve already hit your personal best, and the track is crowded, consider going back to the pits to reduce congestion on track.
    11. All drivers have a right to pursue their hot laps. You may flash your lights, but if the car in front doesn’t yield during qualification, assume that driver is also running a hot lap. Please do not attempt to overtake drivers in corners during qualification. One, it’s not fair. Just because you are faster, doesn’t give you any special privileges. And two, it’s pointless. Overtaking another car on the alternate line means you’re going to lose time anyway. During qualification, overtaking should only be done on the straights. The best thing to do is adjust your spacing to ensure you have the room you need before you starting pushing.
    12. If you're in the backfield and being lapped by the race leaders, do not block or defend your position. Hold your line and let the leaders pass. Leaders are still responsible for making clean overtakes.
    Last edited by Haiden; 19-10-2016 at 19:54.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | GTX 1080, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: CSW-v2, CSP-v3, CSS SQ / Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | Samsung 46"| GT Omega ART | BK Gamer2

Steam ID: Haiden773

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Hey Haiden, how about to race etiquette you add that if you are being lapped in a race stay on the Racing line until they are alongside to make it easier for them to know where you are going to go and therefore where to lap you.
    The following user likes this Post: Haiden

Platform
    PC
    Would like to check this out. Not finding Haiden773 on Steam.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Insatiant View Post
    Would like to check this out. Not finding Haiden773 on Steam.
    That's definitely my SteamID, but you can search under my current profile name, which is Praetorian. I thought it pulled by SteamID, regardless of the profile name, but I could be wrong.

What's your SteamID? I can also add you.

Ran the session off and on over the weekend and some pretty good races. Pretty sure I'll have it up tonight for a while around 7:00 CT.

Edit: I forgot I changed the URL ID, which I think is actually the ID that is searched for, not the accountID. So look praetor773.
    Last edited by Haiden; 07-10-2016 at 15:41.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | GTX 1080, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: CSW-v2, CSP-v3, CSS SQ / Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | Samsung 46"| GT Omega ART | BK Gamer2

Platform
    PC
    Track cycle updated. Session should be up tonight around 7:30 - 8:00 (CT). I'll keep it going as long as there's a decent size grid.

Look for Praetorium or Praetorian. Still not sure if shows under the session name or the profile name. I think it's the latter.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    You're breaking my heart Haiden!

The idea sounds nice, but it's the GT3 class... It's not just my cup of tea.

I won't derail anything. The best i can do is wish you luck! I hope you can gather people. You should GT3 is popular!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by poirqc View Post
    You're breaking my heart Haiden!

The idea sounds nice, but it's the GT3 class... It's not just my cup of tea.

I won't derail anything. The best i can do is wish you luck! I hope you can gather people. You should GT3 is popular!
    It's been going well. Had a few full sessions last week that lasted all night. I ended up leaving and the session migrated...LOL. It depends on which other servers are going. There are a couple of dedicated servers that are pretty well known, and draw a crowd. But I've been adding more people to the friend list, and last week I started seeing people join faster. I'm also pretty diligent about idiots. Last week I actually pulled over in two races, giving up 1st and 2nd place, just to kick two fools who were trying to crash people. I don't mind losing a few positions to keep the session fun for all.

Check back in a week or two. It won't always be GT3. I'll try a new class soon. But I don't think it will be Historic. Those just aren't my thing. That race you and I had was the first time I've ever driven a Historic. And I've had the game since launch.
    Last edited by Haiden; 19-10-2016 at 01:35.

The following user likes this Post: poirqc

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    It's been going well. Had a few full sessions last week that lasted all night. I ended up leaving and the session migrated...LOL. It depends on which other servers are going. There are a couple of dedicated servers that are pretty well known, and draw a crowd. But I've been adding more people to the friend list, and last week I started seeing people join faster. I'm also pretty diligent about idiots. Last week I actually pulled over in two races, giving up 1st and 2nd place, just to kick two fools who were trying to crash people. I don't mind losing a few positions to keep the session fun for all.

Check back in a week or two. It won't always be GT3. I'll try a new class soon. But I don't think it will be Historic. Those just aren't my thing. That race you and I had was the first time I've ever driven a Historic. And I've had the game since launch.
    Well, i like to drive anything that isn't glued to the tarmac, as long as if has an H shifter and a clutch. Group A and 5 can be awesome.

I'm not into LMP1, Formulas and GT3, but i enjoy everything else. I would say the Ford Falcon is the only exception.

Anyway, glad to hear it went well for you. My steam list is starting to build well, but it seems attracting people is a roll of dice.
    The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog

Platform
    PC
    Haiden Did you take Me Off your Steam Friends List???
    Why??? Wha Happed???
    it would be Great if we all Linked up for a Few Races.... Your series Seems interesting.... I would like to join.
    OS: Win 10 64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A M5 | CPU: i5-6600k 3.5GHz | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: 1070 FTW-SLI | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: Samsung QLED 55iin Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat RS1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following user likes this Post: poirqc

Platform
    PC
    Track list updated.