Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: Mafia III (and other)talk...

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    Main reason I don't go for the FPS genre...... Running around the same 15 maps for hours on end shooting a bunch of bunny hopping 12 year olds just gets really old after a few hours........

The really good historic recreation, storyline approach seemed to die off after the very first Call of Duty.

I played the Medal of Honor series, original CoD, and most of the Tom Clancy based ones such as GRAW. but that was pretty much the end. Once they got so focused on multiplayer they killed the games for me.

Ironically, when it comes to racing sims I am the exact opposite.....it HAS to have MP or it's a no go..... Go figure.....lol
    Just like Sim Racing MP, you need to find like minded players or join a clan, then it can be a lot of fun.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following user likes this Post: mister dog

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Received Mafia III for Christmas (late to the party I know) and have been totally amazed by it. Easily the best game I have played since DOOM 2016 (no offence SMS). Once its on sale I'll be getting the season pass, then after completing those stories I'll be playing through the game again.

Was a bit concerned with reviews about repetitive gameplay etc, but never once got bored of anything I was doing. Even after the X update there are some rough edges, but couldn't fault it otherwise.
    Last edited by APR193; 24-01-2018 at 20:58.
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by APR193 View Post
    Received Mafia III for Christmas (late to the party I know) and have been totally amazed by it. Easily the best game I have played since DOOM 2016 (no offence SMS). Once its on sale I'll be getting the season pass, then after completing those stories I'll be playing through the game again.

Was a bit concerned with reviews about repetitive gameplay etc, but never once got bored of anything I was doing. Even after the X update there are some rough edges, but couldn't fault it otherwise.
    You should try the second one! That's even better!
    PC Specs
    CPU: Intel core i7-4771, 3.5 GHz (haswell bridge) | Motherboard: Asus Z87-K | OS: Windows 10 Home 64*bit April update | Graphics card: Palit NVidia GTX 1070TI | Wheel & Shifter: Thurstmaster T500 RS with Fanatec CSL LC's and TH8A Shifter | RAM: 16GB DDR3 | I.S.P: Virgin Media VIVID 200 DRIVE: 1TB SSD

Flickr
    The following user likes this Post: mister dog

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interchangeable View Post
    You should try the second one! That's even better!
    The first is best... it's the holy grail of the series.
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following user likes this Post: cluck

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    I never played 1. But I've heard that's it's good and tricky! There's someone remastering that game at mo so maybe worth a play once they've finished!
    PC Specs
    CPU: Intel core i7-4771, 3.5 GHz (haswell bridge) | Motherboard: Asus Z87-K | OS: Windows 10 Home 64*bit April update | Graphics card: Palit NVidia GTX 1070TI | Wheel & Shifter: Thurstmaster T500 RS with Fanatec CSL LC's and TH8A Shifter | RAM: 16GB DDR3 | I.S.P: Virgin Media VIVID 200 DRIVE: 1TB SSD

Flickr

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    I like the time setting of three though...being born in '68 it ticks all the boxes for me...
    But yes...the first was "the godfather"...pun intended...
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!

Forum rules please read: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1355858

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    I like the time setting of three though...being born in '68 it ticks all the boxes for me...
    But yes...the first was "the godfather"...pun intended...
    Yeah, that's one of the better things about 3. It does a great a job of putting you in that time and place in history. And the music........my god the music!
    PC Specs

Flickr
    The following 2 users likes this Post: APR193, Konan

Platform
    PC
    I played all three now, but II is by far my favorite. But the first one only looses because of crappy graphics and horrid (vehicle) controls.
    III got the feel of the era right, but imo completely lacks the mafia-esque feel.
    Don't get me wrong, but when I play a Mafia game, I want to be part of the mafia, start as a small mobster and work my way up to become one of them wiseguys and become a godfather in the end.

Now that I think of it - Oh boy, I would totally buy a well crafted Mafia I remaster with today's graphics.
    Last edited by Invincible; 25-01-2018 at 09:17.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Platform
    PC
    The problem with 2 is that it was half-finished. I don't mean released buggy but literally not finished. Huge chunks of the city and story had to be left out to meet the deadline. You'll notice there were tracks for rail lines that never were and some of the DLC's contain parts of the story that could not make it into the finished game. That way, the first game was absolutely the best. It had a long, complete story, it had trams, trains, I think buses too.. that you could actually use to get around practically since the cars of the period were so slow. The music and feel was so good too. And as a racing game fan, that pretty incredible race track and the whole race sequence including the tense pre-race night monkey business, just great.

The first game's ingrained in my mind in the same way as other great works of art like the first Godfather movie itself. Also just got around to playing the third recently and it's nice but would love to see a return to the 20s-30s again as that was the coolest era.
    Last edited by SB83; 25-01-2018 at 10:44.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SB83 View Post
    The problem with 2 is that it was half-finished. I don't mean released buggy but literally not finished. Huge chunks of the city and story had to be left out to meet the deadline. You'll notice there were tracks for rail lines that never were and some of the DLC's contain parts of the story that could not make it into the finished game. That way, the first game was absolutely the best. It had a long, complete story, it had trams, trains, I think buses too.. that you could actually use to get around practically since the cars of the period were so slow. The music and feel was so good too. And as a racing game fan, that pretty incredible race track and the whole race sequence including the tense pre-race night monkey business, just great.

The first game's ingrained in my mind in the same way as other great works of art like the first Godfather movie itself. Also just got around to playing the third recently and it's nice but would love to see a return to the 20s-30s again as that was the coolest era.
    Just clicked the link and started reading...city,story,rail lines,busses???
    Than it dawned to me that i was in the "maffia three thread"...LOL
    But you could indeed be on to something...
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!

Forum rules please read: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1355858