Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: NVIDIA Challenger Series Round 10: Ford Falcon at Bathurst

  1. #11
    WMD Member cluck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Posts
    4,285
    Platform
    PC
    ^^^ yeah, that was a bit tight in places, especially out of T2

    This was my lap, just 0.003 slower than Masa's. No such concerns about track limits or walls on my run.

    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-3570K w/Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro cooler (overclocked to 4.2GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H motherboard // 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 2400MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Logitech G29 wheel // Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals // Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz // Oculus Rift DK2 // GT Omega Cockpit Pro w/extra bracing //
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Max Attack, VelvetTorpedo


  2. #12
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    39
    Platform
    PS4
    Heh yeah thanks for the competition everyone and especially thanks for the vids!! Not saying I should be winning these events but still many times I'm left totally wondering why I loose time around the track, now I can pretty clearly see from zoky's and cluck's videos that I'm shifting down way way too rapidly and I'm guessing that causes me to brake early... feeling like a idiot because if I had followed the top ghosts more perhaps I would've realized this(or maybe not...) but coming from GT6 I have a quite bad habit of ramming the gears down (I shall pay more and more attention to this in future)

    And yeah here's my lap video so the mods can see I'm not hitting any walls because it comes really freaking close when going over the hilltop and on forest elbow exit... And yeah bit pissed I never managed even close to my best on this one for I had a plenty of sectors for getting below 2.04's but just didn't nailed it... freaking forest elbow got me like 10 times yesterday and spend my energy there, lol should have but more work to it during the weekend to avoid that, but 10th place on PS LB is still pretty decent I think...



    And yeah congrats to all the winners, these were my first community events in Pcars and hope we get something similar in the future (just with less "warm up laps" lol xD, few events have been REALLY hard lol)
    The following user likes this Post: cluck


  3. #13
    WMD Member cluck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Posts
    4,285
    Platform
    PC
    @Max - In some cases, it can help to downshift rapidly (I know some people have used a manual shifter to almost instantly shift from 6th to 1st in some events) and use the engine braking that it provides to help slow you down. It requires a different style of driving though and isn't a technique I'm totally comfortable with myself so I still use the shifting technique the car is designed for (albeit using paddles instead of a sequential as I don't have a sequential shifter - at least, I do if I change the mode of my TH8RS shifter, but I really can't be bothered!)
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-3570K w/Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro cooler (overclocked to 4.2GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H motherboard // 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 2400MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Logitech G29 wheel // Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals // Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz // Oculus Rift DK2 // GT Omega Cockpit Pro w/extra bracing //
    The following user likes this Post: Max Attack


  4. #14
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    39
    Platform
    PS4
    Yeah thanks @cluck for the tip and yeah in some of these rounds I've been trying out different phase on the down shift but in this one I somehow decided that rapid shifting is the best and then just went with it heheh damn I miss seeing the top replays in GT, even though replicating the lap from video is quite impossible they still can give vital glues...

    But yeah congrats cluck I've been following the PC LB's too and your name has become familiar in the top 10
    The following user likes this Post: cluck


  5. #15
    WMD Member cluck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Posts
    4,285
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Attack View Post
    Yeah thanks @cluck for the tip and yeah in some of these rounds I've been trying out different phase on the down shift but in this one I somehow decided that rapid shifting is the best and then just went with it heheh damn I miss seeing the top replays in GT, even though replicating the lap from video is quite impossible they still can give vital glues...

    But yeah congrats cluck I've been following the PC LB's too and your name has become familiar in the top 10
    Ha, cheers, only just inside the top 10 though. Would have been 13th in Round 1 but had an invalid ghost and couldn't record Oculus footage at the time, so I was naturally excluded from the results. Came 11th in Round 2 but after that, yeah, top 10 for every subsequent round with a best placing of 5th in Round 5 (Aston GT3 at Watkins Glen). I had the pace to just nick 4th place in this latest round but, like quite a few people I'm sure, I never hooked up all 3 sectors properly in a single lap .

    EDIT : Like yourself, this was the first time I've done anything like this. Although I race in a league, I am more famous there for my DNF record (and bad jokes) than anything else . I set out to achieve one single thing in this competition, to do my best. To finish in the top 10 driver's table is, for me, a fantastic result and it's fair to say I'm quite happy about that .
    Last edited by cluck; 11-10-2016 at 12:53.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-3570K w/Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro cooler (overclocked to 4.2GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H motherboard // 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 2400MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Logitech G29 wheel // Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals // Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz // Oculus Rift DK2 // GT Omega Cockpit Pro w/extra bracing //
    The following user likes this Post: Max Attack


  6. #16
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    39
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    Ha, cheers, only just inside the top 10 though. Would have been 13th in Round 1 but had an invalid ghost and couldn't record Oculus footage at the time, so I was naturally excluded from the results. Came 11th in Round 2 but after that, yeah, top 10 for every subsequent round with a best placing of 5th in Round 5 (Aston GT3 at Watkins Glen). I had the pace to just nick 4th place in this latest round but, like quite a few people I'm sure, I never hooked up all 3 sectors properly in a single lap .

    EDIT : Like yourself, this was the first time I've done anything like this. Although I race in a league, I am more famous there for my DNF record (and bad jokes) than anything else . I set out to achieve one single thing in this competition, to do my best. To finish in the top 10 driver's table is, for me, a fantastic result and it's fair to say I'm quite happy about that .

    Heh sounds like you had the same goal that I did when I decided to take on the series, I don't remember that precisely but I think I managed around top 15's in most of these rounds and few even better results, this last round could have been really high rank for me but like said I didn't but enough effort, usually I did these events on all 4 nights and even did some practice in forehand but really what was amazing was that taking part in to this series got me drafted in to the eSPORT+CARS team and that I think was a success beyond any of the points I managed to score have to say I've learned a of things since getting in to the team and even though it's not making me straight away faster but being in such team is just priceless and very interesting so yeah pretty good event for me even though I didn't make a single top 5 even
    The following user likes this Post: cluck


  7. #17
    WMD Member cluck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Posts
    4,285
    Platform
    PC
    I did about 5 or 6 laps in the car, back in February then didn't touch it until a week ago - I recorded a lap, with telemetry, to help somebody out who I knew was taking part (not in my team, by the way), as he was struggling to find a way of reducing his laptime. I then didn't fire up the game until Sunday afternoon, when I put about 3 or 4 laps into it. That got me into the low 2m03 area. I then spent 5 or 6 hours yesterday afternoon trying to nail the best lap I could, yet I never managed all 3 sectors the way I was happy with (which would have got me just into the 2m02.8 times) but I'm still fairly happy with the 2m03.1 I managed.

    As for being part of a team, none of us collaborated as such, we were really just individual racers taking part under the banner of the league we race with, something I think we were all most comfortable with. At most, I think I shared videos of my laps in progress and occasionally gave a recap of my laps from memory, but that's about it.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-3570K w/Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro cooler (overclocked to 4.2GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H motherboard // 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 2400MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Logitech G29 wheel // Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals // Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz // Oculus Rift DK2 // GT Omega Cockpit Pro w/extra bracing //

  8. #18
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    39
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    I did about 5 or 6 laps in the car, back in February then didn't touch it until a week ago - I recorded a lap, with telemetry, to help somebody out who I knew was taking part (not in my team, by the way), as he was struggling to find a way of reducing his laptime. I then didn't fire up the game until Sunday afternoon, when I put about 3 or 4 laps into it. That got me into the low 2m03 area. I then spent 5 or 6 hours yesterday afternoon trying to nail the best lap I could, yet I never managed all 3 sectors the way I was happy with (which would have got me just into the 2m02.8 times) but I'm still fairly happy with the 2m03.1 I managed.
    Hmm I think I spend at least 3 evenings (2-3 hours stints) before this event even begun but I would have needed all the 4 days hitting the event to get to my maximum... well not certain but I've been getting really close to my best sectors in each of these events so it could have happened here too...

    And yeah perhaps having a fixed event means that the team is not so important, but as long as there faster guys sharing their videos and ideas about the combination on had I at least have better possibilities to make a really good times if the option is just trying to figure it all out by myself... and yeah not like I'm totally noob in to Pcars for I've had it for 10 month by now (yeah I'm noob xD) but I've learned a ton of stuff just by taking part in to these events, but I think there could have been a lot of things that I could missed if not joining, this even NCS actually was quite complicated considering it was a fixed event, plenty of stuff going on that guy who has only done TT's in GT before could have easily missed... I mean it's totally counter intuitive that you can actually be faster in some cars by wearing down the tires I mean yeah now that I know the reason why it is so it makes sense, but that really was only the tip of the iceberg on the things I learned about Pcars while this event and it was much easier when being on a team that has plenty of experience.. but yeah, interesting to get to know more about this sim-racing scene and before joining I was totally clueless about many of the things going on around this whole sport..
    Last edited by Max Attack; 11-10-2016 at 14:07.

  9. #19
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    10
    Platform
    PC
    Congratulations to everyone competing in the Nvidia Challanger Series! It was a long journey of testing the driver's skills and patience in various conditions on the world's famous tracks in different types of cars to master! Bloody and sweaty joy of the competition came to the end, but all these hours of hard team practising were worth it!

    Here's my replay recording from my lap of The Final Round of Nvidia Challanger Series, 2.02.430. (Note that my field of view is much tighter than default (58 compared to 80), so the sense of speed might be lower). The game allows for 2 minutes of recording, so it starts in the middle of first corner.

    The following 2 users likes this Post: AVK, Max Attack


  10. #20
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    39
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by khaki777 View Post
    Congratulations to everyone competing in the Nvidia Challanger Series! It was a long journey of testing the driver's skills and patience in various conditions on the world's famous tracks in different types of cars to master! Bloody and sweaty joy of the competition came to the end, but all these hours of hard team practising were worth it!

    Here's my replay recording from my lap of The Final Round of Nvidia Challanger Series, 2.02.430. (Note that my field of view is much tighter than default (58 compared to 80), so the sense of speed might be lower). The game allows for 2 minutes of recording, so it starts in the middle of first corner.

    Heh you seem to be shifting down really fast too heheh but yeah I was off the driving line many times so no wonder I lost a ton of time anyway... Pretty interesting to see such close FOV have to try it out, perhaps not so close but now I have it on 90 or so it will make it look totally different... and yeah I know this is on PC and all, but seems like I was able pick up few details of the track from the vid I totally missed before while I was on the track myself, not easy places but I never saw the road like it looked in the vid, thanks for sharing and congrats!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 27-09-2016, 15:02
  2. NVIDIA Challenger Series Round 7: Ford Fusion at Road America
    By Project CARS Esports in forum eSports
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 28-08-2016, 06:08
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-06-2016, 11:19
  4. NVIDIA Challenger Series Round 4 won't let me enter
    By Brandodemando in forum eSports
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-06-2016, 21:00
  5. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 25-05-2016, 13:31

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •