Thread: Starting NEW Racing Club [Focus: NA, EU can still join]

Platform
    PC

Starting NEW Racing Club [Focus: NA, EU can still join]

I know this is kind of a double post from me looking for a club but since digging around google from what I've found I want to just start my own NA club instead. So here it goes, very broad brush strokes just for an idea pitch if anyone would like to join in and help me along in doing so.

So I got to thinking since it looks like with searching these forums NA activity is really low, EU racers are the majority, and that being said I want to start my own Amateur/Semi-Pro Club. With the focus being that new and seasoned racers having a more organized setting than pub races. Also have a place to have a more structured real racing experience with racing conditions, fuel limits, and extended laps than just 10 laps for a more real endurance experience.

The name of the club could be determined later on once enough people show interest and start building a roster. But I want to try to have weekly or bi-weekly races. Ranging from GT3, Formula B, LMP2, Touring, and more. Generally the more popular cars that everyone loves and have variety to pick from so that the field will look diverse.

With the race days being on a Monday night EST, and maybe a club multiplayer test session on Wednesday that isn't mandatory, more or less to hang out, share some info your willing to tell about setup to other drivers to help them out if their struggling and just BS and practice around the track. With that you'd be able to practice defense and overtake maneuvers against real players rather than AI which don't brake or accelerate as real players do with our own racing lines and human mistakes. Obviously the exact race times and club practice time can be decided once a roster is formed and a consensus of what we all can do is met.

Lastly the club will have an official name and post in the event forums by me with better writing and detailed description of what the club does, times, and how we organize seasons. There will also be a google document of the Seasons Events, roster for each event and open slots for placing so a point system can be made from race to race so at the end of the season can see who won the season as a whole. So it won't feel like if you do poorly one race that you can still improve on the next and so forth and place higher at the end.

This idea might be a little out of place on how I typed it up with the order of how these things just came to my head as I was typing but I feel like me and others of like minded goals make this club work it can turn out to be something very enjoyable. And rules, and voice comms and so forth of all the extra side stuff can be settled after a roster of people start showing interest.
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K Processor 4.0GHz | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - 8GB DDR5 - EVGA SuperClocked | MoBo: ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer | RAM: ADATA XPG V2 16 GB DDR3-1866 | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Drives: 128 GB ADATA SP900 SSD & 1 TB HDD | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit | Display: LG 27" LED Monitor | Audio: HyperX Cloud I Headset | Control: Xbox 360 controller

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Sounds very interesting. I'm in the EU but going back to the states in a few months so I would invest time and effort in your league if you'd have me.
    Platform: PC | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU: Intel i7-4790K 4.3GHz | RAM: Kingston HyperX FURY 32GB DDR3 1866MHz
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Black Edition | Video card: EVGA GTX 980 TI CLASSIFIED
    System SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 128GB | Storage HDD: WD Green 4TB
    Wheelbaser: T300RS w/ OMP SuperQuadro Rim | Steam ID: shwomp_donkey

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I don't want you to give up on your idea, but we're NA based if you want to join us. We've raced FA, Merc DTM, Formula 3.5, BMW M1 Procar, GT4 FRS Rocketbunny and currently halfway through IndyCar.

Races 8:30 pm EST Wed. and Sat. Grid sizes usually 15+. Custom Skin pack available and commentated races.

http://pantheracingdivision.com/forum/

Platform
    PC
    http://canamvrl.entrydns.org

I think we already offer much of what you are looking for. If nothing else, maybe you can get some ideas for your own series. I'm disappointed Google didn't send you to us....

We just ended our current season last night. Our next season starts in Feb (need time for Holidays, planning and other league projects/events).
    Last edited by F1_Racer68; 28-06-2017 at 19:37.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - ADATA 12GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX950 AMP! 2GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Signing up right now - in Ontario and have been looking for some EST time based racing.
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetwiz View Post
    Signing up right now - in Ontario and have been looking for some EST time based racing.
    Things are a bit quiet right now as league members are preparing to participate in a 24 Hours of Daytona event on another platform.

New season will start in Feb 4th.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - ADATA 12GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX950 AMP! 2GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3