Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fanatec CSL Elite Help/Support

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Dang. I wonder what I'm doing wrong then. lol But no seriously....I found a few more settings/tweaks and tried them tonight and they worked better but stil not where it should be. I just can't feel the curbs/bumps. BTW each time I try a new setting/tweak I always make sure to reset both the car and the FFB configuration and start fresh.

What wheel are you using jonston?

WMD Member
    I cannot get the CSL to work properly on 2 different PCs.

On my windows 7 PC as soon as soon as I launch pCars with the CSL & CSPv2 plgged in project cars starts to eat up 100% of my CPU (i5) and the game freezes up the entire PC. It loads incredibly slow and gets ~5-7FPS. When the track finally loads the wheel shakes violently. Bad enough that I feel like it's going to destroy the wheel.

If I unplug the wheel & pedals the game plays fine with my controller back to avg over 150 FPS and 20-40% CPU usage

When I plug in the wheel on Windows 10 PC pCars will not even detect the wheel rotation settings. I can program the buttons but no x axis for steering.

EDIT:
    So I deleted and reinstalled pCars on the Windows7 PC and discovered the problem. Everything works fine with the CSL Base plugged in OR the v2 Pedals but once I plug in both everything goes to s**t. I have the latest driver for the CSL base and it wont let me install the old one that I had before with just CSPv2s.....

What gives????

Last edited by BermudaKID; 03-11-2016 at 06:15.
    Intel i5 4670k@ 4.0 GHz | AMD HD 6950 | 16 gb DDR3 OC'd 1800 | Logitech G27 | Fanatec CSP V2's
    My Race Set-Up --------> Here

Platform
    PC
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | McLaren GT3 Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Funny enough I had this same exact issue. I had changed nothing on the computer and was getting like 20 something FPS and like 80-90 in the menus after installing the CSL. I knew something was off immediately cause I had remembered being in menu's the FPS was like 3-400+ at times. I can't exactly pinpoint what I did, but I remember double checking all of my connections (USB2.0), making sure my GTX950 and corresponding NVidia software was up to date, latest drivers and firmware for both. I feel like I remember seeing the CSL installing an older version of DX or something like that and I think installing the latest NVIDIA reupdated it, I can't exactly remember to be honest. It wasn't until after I restarted the computer with all these updates and changes that my issue finally resolved itself. Like I said I believe this was MY process on it. Hope you get it figured out man.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I've got the universal hub on with the GT rim

WMD Member
    It looks like the update fixed my issues. Yay
    Intel i5 4670k@ 4.0 GHz | AMD HD 6950 | 16 gb DDR3 OC'd 1800 | Logitech G27 | Fanatec CSP V2's
    My Race Set-Up --------> Here
    The following user likes this Post: Mahjik

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I'm currently working with Fanatec on a resolution to my issues. Just curious with those that have the CSL, has the new 11.1 update resolved the issues yall were having?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by viper0730 View Post
    I'm currently working with Fanatec on a resolution to my issues. Just curious with those that have the CSL, has the new 11.1 update resolved the issues yall were having?
    Not sure what issues you're referring to, but patch 11.1 did add a specific CSL profile.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Seems the Fanatec CSL for PS4 is not recognized correctly (I am on PC), using the CSL profile does nothing. Neither does using the CRW profile.
    I have to use custom wheel and setup all those buttons manually. This is such a hassle.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Malyngo View Post
    Seems the Fanatec CSL for PS4 is not recognized correctly (I am on PC), using the CSL profile does nothing. Neither does using the CRW profile.
    I have to use custom wheel and setup all those buttons manually. This is such a hassle.
    Start Base, start Pcars, use Mode Button on Base for V2 Mode (purple), this works with F1 2016 and Forza Apex, seems you can only change to V2 Mode on PC with a Game running.