Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fanatec CSL Elite Help/Support

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Malyngo View Post
    Seems the Fanatec CSL for PS4 is not recognized correctly (I am on PC), using the CSL profile does nothing. Neither does using the CRW profile.
    I have to use custom wheel and setup all those buttons manually. This is such a hassle.
    I don't understand what you're saying? Yes, CSLE is not recognized by pCARS because the base was released after pCARS was released. What do you mean with "using the CSL profile does nothing. Neither does using the CRW profile"? I guess CRW = CSW? What do you expect to happen? Selecting those profiles only means that it will use certain pre-defined button assignments, and certain FFB settings. Since the CSLE isn't known to the game, you'll have to assign all buttons/axes anyway with any profile. It's best to use the CSW v2 profile, as it will give the best FFB.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowN View Post
    Start Base, start Pcars, use Mode Button on Base for V2 Mode (purple), this works with F1 2016 and Forza Apex, seems you can only change to V2 Mode on PC with a Game running.
    V2 compatibility mode is for PS4 only, that it works on PC is only a coincidence but isn't required anyway. Just do as above, select the CSW v2 profile in the game and assign all buttons/axes manually.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    The CSL PS4 is working fine on PC in V2 Mode with F1 2016, i cant get it work without v2 Mode, same for Forza Apex.
    Mine is working fine in normal PC Mode with Pcars, but if someone has problems in PCars give it a try.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hello
    Not sure if this is the place to ask but,
    Ive bought a csl and I'm getting what feels like clipping but its not from what I can see on the ffb graph, and this is happening with very low ffb setting, I'm getting this through corners only and while well away from the curbs, I've since had a replacement base and wheel and getting the same issue, I have all the settings at default and have tried lowering these things
    Tyre force, steering gain, fx ,fy fz, mz , more smoothing on all one at a time, rag, rab, menu springs , played with deadzone removals,
    I'm not sure what most of those things do but I've had a go trying to solve this but I have no idea what's wrong. This horrible what feels like clipping, is happening with the master scale set at 6 and force feed back at default 50. I have also tried lowering all the tuning options on the wheel with no luck, also it is updated with 297 firmware but the issue still persists with the older firmware. Please if you know something I can try I would much appreciate it
    Thanks for reading
    Jake

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
    Hello
    Not sure if this is the place to ask but,
    Ive bought a csl and I'm getting what feels like clipping but its not from what I can see on the ffb graph, and this is happening with very low ffb setting, I'm getting this through corners only and while well away from the curbs, I've since had a replacement base and wheel and getting the same issue, I have all the settings at default and have tried lowering these things
    Tyre force, steering gain, fx ,fy fz, mz , more smoothing on all one at a time, rag, rab, menu springs , played with deadzone removals,
    I'm not sure what most of those things do but I've had a go trying to solve this but I have no idea what's wrong. This horrible what feels like clipping, is happening with the master scale set at 6 and force feed back at default 50. I have also tried lowering all the tuning options on the wheel with no luck, also it is updated with 297 firmware but the issue still persists with the older firmware. Please if you know something I can try I would much appreciate it
    Thanks for reading
    Jake
    Could you explain in more detail what exactly you are feeling? Because if the FFB graph doesn't show FFB clipping, it must be something else. Did you try to lower the Tyre Force value in the FFB options?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

csl issue

Cheers for the reply
    Yes I've tried lowering the tyre force
    It like its kicking through the corner, eg if you know rapuna park the last corner is a 180 bend and I would normally down 2gears turn in and try to hold steering at one point to hold a smooth line but this is impossible as the ffb is pulsing the wheel forcing me to open and close the steering 8/9 times in the space of a second or two, and this still happens at the lowest ffb you can drive with. BoZzMyster is my YouTube there is a 20second vide I posted
    Cheers
    Jake

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

csl issue

Ive just noticed this is pc there'd sorry I'm on ps4, I have a pc is there any game that surrport the csl on pc , I've tried race room but I can't get it to work properly on there as there no profile for it I've tried to make a custom one but it clips mad on centre point and I get n/a for steering ratio and can't get it to work
    Cheers jake

Platform
    PC
    Cheers for the reply
    Yes I've tried lowering the tyre force
    It like its kicking through the corner, eg if you know rapuna park the last corner is a 180 bend and I would normally down 2gears turn in and try to hold steering at one point to hold a smooth line but this is impossible as the ffb is pulsing the wheel forcing me to open and close the steering 8/9 times in the space of a second or two, and this still happens at the lowest ffb you can drive with. BoZzMyster is my YouTube there is a 20second vide I posted
    Cheers
    Jake
    I don't see any video?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

csl issue

Its under jake Boswell

Platform
    PS4
    It like its kicking through the corner, eg if you know rapuna park the last corner is a 180 bend and I would normally down 2gears turn in and try to hold steering at one point to hold a smooth line but this is impossible as the ffb is pulsing the wheel forcing me to open and close the steering 8/9 times in the space of a second or two,
    That's your ffb working mate. It's a bumpy part of the track.
    Still can't tell if it's clipping or not without a video with telemetry.

Try steering gain = 1 in ffb calibration.
    G29 FFB RAW 95-35-5-5

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Platform
    PC
    I didn't see anything strange in the video. Signal isn't clipping, FFB shows normal variations. As hkraft300 stated, it's probably the track and the FFB is simply 'real'.

It sounds a bit to me that the FFB is just too strong and you like it lighter, so perhaps reduce the overall FFB strength in the game?