Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 88

Thread: 55 & older on ps4....???

  1. #61
    Kart Driver mr52pickup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Bethlehem, CT
    Posts
    5
    Platform
    PS4
    Hi guys. I, too, am a 55+ (60 actually) and play pCARS on the PS4 platform, although I recently bought the PC version for dabbling in custom livery creation. I'm not really a gamer at all, my console's main purpose is for pCARS, and the upcoming new version, as well as probably GT Sport. I've been playing pCARS occasionally for a year or so now, but have recently dived into it more seriously with intent on joining some online races. I see some of the threads to this post mention some organized regular races; I'd be interested in joining some.

    Personally, I prefer racing street cars or street-car-based race cars. By the same token, I also find myself gravitating to the 'regular road' tracks, like Bennochbrae, California and Azure coast, Ruoen Les Assarts, etc. I find the curves and bumps more fun than the flat, made-for-high-speed race courses. But, hey, they're all good.

    I have a friend who is in his mid 60's who is DEFINITELY NOT a gamer, or techie, at all. But he loves high performance cars and my son got him hooked on Gran Turismo; he went out and bought a PS3 and plays the game until his fingers hurt him so bad that he has to take breaks from the game occasionally.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: GrimeyDog, icemam, racesafegrandad


  2. #62
    Kart Driver skip7950's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    29
    Platform
    PS4

    Welcome...!

    Quote Originally Posted by mr52pickup View Post
    Hi guys. I, too, am a 55+ (60 actually) and play pCARS on the PS4 platform, although I recently bought the PC version for dabbling in custom livery creation. I'm not really a gamer at all, my console's main purpose is for pCARS, and the upcoming new version, as well as probably GT Sport. I've been playing pCARS occasionally for a year or so now, but have recently dived into it more seriously with intent on joining some online races. I see some of the threads to this post mention some organized regular races; I'd be interested in joining some.

    Personally, I prefer racing street cars or street-car-based race cars. By the same token, I also find myself gravitating to the 'regular road' tracks, like Bennochbrae, California and Azure coast, Ruoen Les Assarts, etc. I find the curves and bumps more fun than the flat, made-for-high-speed race courses. But, hey, they're all good.

    I have a friend who is in his mid 60's who is DEFINITELY NOT a gamer, or techie, at all. But he loves high performance cars and my son got him hooked on Gran Turismo; he went out and bought a PS3 and plays the game until his fingers hurt him so bad that he has to take breaks from the game occasionally.
    Hi mr52pickup!
    Always good to find another 60 plus racer out here!
    I am only on ps4, but if you wanna drive together my psn tag is skip7950, so send me a friend request and we can hook up.
    I am not really fast yet, but am improving steadily. I do race in a gt3 league, but enjoy all manor of cars.
    Anyway, see you later....
    Skip

  3. #63
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    western new york
    Posts
    3
    Platform
    PS4
    Hey Skip! I'm 59 and live in the east (western new York) I dabbled in video game racing b4, Just getting back into it full bore. got playseat project cars edition with a logitec g29 for my rig set-up on ps4.

  4. #64
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    western new york
    Posts
    3
    Platform
    PS4
    Skip! can I also send you a friend request on ps4?

  5. #65
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    western new york
    Posts
    3
    Platform
    PS4
    Hi! Mr 52 pick-up Feels good to talk to a few seasoned racers

  6. #66
    Kart Driver skip7950's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    29
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by icemam View Post
    Hey Skip! I'm 59 and live in the east (western new York) I dabbled in video game racing b4, Just getting back into it full bore. got playseat project cars edition with a logitec g29 for my rig set-up on ps4.
    Hi Iceman!
    Good to hear from you....You will find me on pcars Monday thru Thursday in the afternoons, so if you are available my tag on PSN is skip7950. I will look you up on PSN as well to get a friend invite going.

  7. #67
    Rookie Ledbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4
    Platform
    PS4
    I'm a member of this demographic. Still in age-denial, though; think I'm 19 inside. Please feel free to friend request set me on PS4: My-Kull. I usually race late afternoons PST. Cheers.

  8. #68
    Superkart Pilot racesafegrandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Liphook Hampshire.
    Posts
    115
    Platform
    PS4
    Its about time you got all your new friends together skip and invited them all to join us for our Wednesday 'training' session.....just a thought?

  9. #69
    Kart Driver skip7950's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    29
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledbetter View Post
    I'm a member of this demographic. Still in age-denial, though; think I'm 19 inside. Please feel free to friend request set me on PS4: My-Kull. I usually race late afternoons PST. Cheers.
    OK, just sent you a friend request....See you online!

  10. #70
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    2
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Hi! Im 59 years old and have a history of real time racing. Mostly bikes and dragracing, but also a little rally and track racing. Since my doctor told me to slow down I started with sim racing. Its really fun and it give me the opportunity to still do some racing in a "safe mode". Im still a rookie behind the screen, but Im sure that I will get better. I use Xbox One and a Logitech G920 and it works perfect. Maybe we could race in future. How about "Oldies but Goldies Cup"?
    Take care and race safe.
    The following user likes this Post: Konan


Similar Threads

  1. More older tracks please
    By 240Zste in forum Project CARS on Xbox One
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 26-11-2015, 18:09
  2. Career mode for older cars
    By Nosferatu in forum Feature Suggestions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-05-2015, 17:40
  3. 2old4forza for mature/older gamers
    By gizziegod in forum PC - Multiplayer Event Planning
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 22-05-2015, 10:26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •