Thread: Coming back to PC, cars drive differently

Platform
    PC

Coming back to PC, cars drive differently

I've been away from PC for more than a year. When I got back to PC, I noticed that the driving model must have changed a lot. The cars I like all seem to have loads of under steer. Every time I turn the car and back end steps out. How do I fix that?

Also, How do I get the setting available here into the PC cars? Are there setup files to download?

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    A good Start for Setups is this wonderfull Site: http://projectcarssetups.eu

And the Handling itself didn't changed drastically, however the Tires where developed further and where optimized...
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...

Platform
    PC
    Yes, I have been looking at the car setups. How do I get those setups added to the cars on my system? Are there setup files that I download and apply to the cars on my system?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gpruitt54 View Post
    Yes, I have been looking at the car setups. How do I get those setups added to the cars on my system? Are there setup files that I download and apply to the cars on my system?
    Nope. You must input the data manually. (despite many, many complaints against SMS for this, they've never fixed it)
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz | Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 970 4GB | Asus P8Z68 Deluxe | 2x Corsair Vengeance 8GB (16GB) | Samsung 840 Evo 256GB | Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 2TB | Logitech G27 all standard | Cooler Master PSU 700W | Cooler Master HAF 932

Platform
    PC
    WoW! given the many setting in PC, that has to take ages to complete. OK, so another noob question. Can you at least print out the setting data in order to manually add the individual settings to PC while the game application is running and occupying the screen? On my system at least PC does not like to be Alt-Tab'ed in order to switch to another application, in this case to review a setting for transcribing them into PC's settings.

Is there an app for that? Hey! What an opportunity for some programmer to develop, an utility that can read setting data, and place it into PC's car settings.

Platform
    PC
    You could run pCARS in Window Mode instead of ALT-TAB'ing just to get your setups entered.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PS4
    Or open the website on a tablet/ mobile device.
    Or take a picture On your phone.
    I use screenshot On PS4 to share setups.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following user likes this Post: Haiden

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gpruitt54 View Post
    I've been away from PC for more than a year. When I got back to PC, I noticed that the driving model must have changed a lot. The cars I like all seem to have loads of under steer. Every time I turn the car and back end steps out. How do I fix that?

Also, How do I get the setting available here into the PC cars? Are there setup files to download?
    -set a proper field of view and seat inclination (road level) for your rig/eyes
    -brake early but better.

i resolved all my problem of under steer in this way.
    my english is horrible, sorry! STEAM PROFILE // my DIY RIG // Baseline Wheel FFB Values
    Mainboard: Rampage IV Extreme //Cpu: i7-3930k @4200 //Psu: Corsair RM750i //Ram: 4x Corsair 4GB 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 //Vga: Asus Strix Gtx970
    Wheel: Thrustmaster T300 GTE + Fanatec Clubsport pedals V3 + TH8A (h-shifter) + TH8RS (sequential) + Fanatec Handbrake
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Haiden, hkraft300, poirqc, VelvetTorpedo

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    You could run pCARS in Window Mode instead of ALT-TAB'ing just to get your setups entered.
    Running PC in Window mode did the trick. I run a triple monitor setup so sim in a separate window and setup details in another was the solution. Thanks!

I tried a setup from a racer who's videos I have watched. He created a setup for the BMW Z4. I made the setup changes per the listing. The setup recommended changes in areas that I would never have considered changing, and in nearly all setting groups like differential settings for example. But, the results are dramatic in terms of making a car that I can now drive and push in the turns. If I over break or are to aggressive out of the corners, I can now adjust without unsettling the car. Lap times are now improved and consistent. I tried another setting for a RUF RGT-8 GT3. It was not to my liking as the setup was designed for an Xbox controller. I use a T300 wheel and Fanatic Clupsport peddle set. I found another setting and it was much better. Again, consistent and faster laps

I changed the setting in the BMW Z4 and RUF RGT-8 GT3 cars, and will next try the Benz AMG. If the results so far pan out, I am on the right track (pun intended) with Project Cars. I would recommend changing with nearly all the GT cars. It is working for me so far.
    Last edited by Gpruitt54; 21-11-2016 at 16:21.
    The following user likes this Post: Mahjik