Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Fanatec CSL Elite wheel issues - bad FFB, No telemetry FFB graph, etc..

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Angry [SOLVED] Fanatec CSL Elite wheel issues - bad FFB, No telemetry FFB graph, etc..

i just got my Fanatec CSL elite wheel as an upgrade from my Logitech g27.

I'm having multiple issues, first and foremost, the FFB is really bad. Numb, no road feel, don't feel kerbs. I played with settings for hours trying to get it right and only slightly improved. I don't know what to do at this point because the g27 felt sooo much better, I'm considering returning the wheel if I can't get it to work.

Another issue I encountered while trying to tweak my ffb settings is the the telemetry graph for ffb is completely blank while driving rendering it useless.

And last but not least, my shift lights on the wheel dont work, they light up when turning the wheel on but do not do anything in game.

Thanks for any help.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by chopper82p View Post
    i just got my Fanatec CSL elite wheel as an upgrade from my Logitech g27.

I'm having multiple issues, first and foremost, the FFB is really bad. Numb, no road feel, don't feel kerbs. I played with settings for hours trying to get it right and only slightly improved. I don't know what to do at this point because the g27 felt sooo much better, I'm considering returning the wheel if I can't get it to work.

Another issue I encountered while trying to tweak my ffb settings is the the telemetry graph for ffb is completely blank while driving rendering it useless.

And last but not least, my shift lights on the wheel dont work, they light up when turning the wheel on but do not do anything in game.

Thanks for any help.
    This is a weird one... If it was clipping, you should at least see going from full left to full right.

As for the actual FFB, i would guess you already know you're way well enough in the FFB menus since you had it dialed on the G27. I just had a look at the default and classic template, in game, for the CSL. There's couple things going on here:

• Go change the game Force Feedback setting from 50 to 100. You'll dial the max force from the windows control panel.
    • They also did a typo with Relative Adjust Gain. Move it from 0 to 1 to start.
    • Change Relative Adjust Bleed to 0.10 to start. That's the biggest one to change.
    • You could lower Relative Adjust Clamp to 0.85 to start.

• On a side note, you probably don'y need any scoop on that wheel so leave it at that.
    • Start with Steering Gain to 1 to start.

What you could also do it to copy what you had with the G27. From there, you would probably only have to dial Deadzone Removal Range and Falloff since both wheel don't have the same deadzone.

It's a shame the default(and classic) FFB template, that where just added, are not optimized from the get go...

Good luck.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks, I got the feeling a bit closer to where I want it to be and am starting to like the feel of the Fanatec. It definitely needs more tweaking though. I reduced Relative adjust bleed to .05 after testing and the wheel is starting to feel good. Problem is I don't feel curbs at all through the wheel, and barely feel and braking or acceleration load forces through the wheel. Any suggestions?

Where do I find the force feedback settings through windows control panel?

Also what about the shift lights on the wheel base? Mine don't work with the game.

Platform
    PC
    If you just replaced your wheel, possible issues could be some rogue entrys in the default.sav file, possibly using some old G27 setting(s).
    As a test I would rename the file temporarily and let pCars create a new one to see if it makes a difference with your new wheel (start fresh) . You will loose all your career/car setups,accolades,trophys etc.,like starting over with fresh profile.. Then redo your controller/wheel settings in game.
    default.sav located here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\YourID\234630\local\project cars\profiles
    If it doesn't help you can delete the newly created one and rename original file back to default.sav.
    Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Motherboard / AMD FX-8350 Vishera 8-Core CPU@4.0Ghz / 8GB G.Skill RipJaws 2X4GB DDR3-1866,
    Samsung 250GB 850 EVO (SSD) / SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX480 8GB/OC 1342Mhz / Crimson ReLive 17.4.3 Drivers.
    TrackIR 5, ver 5.2 final drivers |Logitech G27
    240 Gig HD | Claro Plus++ sound card | Win7_64 | BenQ V2400W | Corsair TX850W Power Supply

In-game settings: @ 1920 X 1200 | Texture Rez HIGH | Post Filter On | LensFlare OFF | Bloom OFF | Haze OFF | Detailed Grass-Med | HDR Photo | Tex Filter 16x | Game_VSync OFF | SMAA Off | FXAA Off |Reflections MED | Vehicle Ultra | Track Ultra | Shadows MED | Motion Blur OFF | Render Ahead 2 |
    Steam CMD line Options:-dx11mt -pthreads 4 -fpscap 60 -skipcrowds -skipidiots

Proud to be a 5% club member
    Steam : Bullwinkle
    The following user likes this Post: poirqc

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks, I got the feeling a bit closer to where I want it to be and am starting to like the feel of the Fanatec. It definitely needs more tweaking though. I reduced Relative adjust bleed to .05 after testing and the wheel is starting to feel good. Problem is I don't feel curbs at all through the wheel, and barely feel and braking or acceleration load forces through the wheel. Any suggestions?

Where do I find the force feedback settings through windows control panel?

Also what about the shift lights on the wheel base? Mine don't work with the game.
    By default, pCars FFB only simulate the steering rack(Front wheels), so it won't give any feeling from the rear wheels. Keep in mind that a car shift it's weight when trown into a curve. This means that even tho both front wheel are touching the ground, the inner one is barely applying pressure. This means you'll have less occasion to feel inner curbs from the front wheels.

Jack Spade files include SoP, witch means include up and downward pressure front the rear wheels. While some may say it shouldn't be felt thru the steering wheel, i find it usefull to know where i'm placed over the track.

If you decide to use his files, i would suggest to follow his guide on how to set the globals. The only thing i may say is to keep Steering Gain to 1. Move it, only a tiny bit, when everything else is dialed.

Another thing that really makes a difference is Per Wheel movement, beside the official guide, i suggest that you read how it behaves from my signature. Since you spend a bunch on your CSL, you'll be rewarded with an awesome FFB if you spend just enought time with the menus!

When you connected your wheel to the PC, i guess you installed Fanatec software to manage the wheel, there's probably a control panel that let's you manage the basic settings of the wheel.

Cheers!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BullWinkle View Post
    If you just replaced your wheel, possible issues could be some rogue entrys in the default.sav file, possibly using some old G27 setting(s).
    As a test I would rename the file temporarily and let pCars create a new one to see if it makes a difference with your new wheel (start fresh) . You will loose all your career/car setups,accolades,trophys etc.,like starting over with fresh profile.. Then redo your controller/wheel settings in game.
    default.sav located here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\YourID\234630\local\project cars\profiles
    If it doesn't help you can delete the newly created one and rename original file back to default.sav.
    This definitely helped a lot!!

I'm still working on dialing in the wheel but am still having issues with not feeling kerbs whatsoever. Road feel could be better. Of course I have no idea why the FFB graph in telemetry is blank and why my shift lights don't work

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Unable to calibrate wheel after installing Fanatec driver software

I'm getting sick of all the issues im having to deal with on this wheel.

I've been using this wheel without having downloaded the driver software from fanatecs website. I decided to download the software to see if I'd notice a difference with it installed.

The calibration of the wheel got screwed up during install and now I have to recalibrate it, normally a straightforward process in which I navigate to Game Controllers and click properties for my wheel. However, now that Fanatec's software is installed, rather than taking me to properties of my controller, it opens up Fanatec's own test software which does NOT include anything to calibrate the wheel. I haven't been able to find a way to circumvent this issue, if anyone has any ideas, please share, all suggestions are welcome.

Mod edit: moved to your own thread...
    Last edited by Konan; 27-11-2016 at 15:18.

I'm getting sick of all the issues im having to deal with on this wheel.

I've been using this wheel without having downloaded the driver software from fanatecs website. I decided to download the software to see if I'd notice a difference with it installed.

The calibration of the wheel got screwed up during install and now I have to recalibrate it, normally a straightforward process in which I navigate to Game Controllers and click properties for my wheel. However, now that Fanatec's software is installed, rather than taking me to properties of my controller, it opens up Fanatec's own test software which does NOT include anything to calibrate the wheel. I haven't been able to find a way to circumvent this issue, if anyone has any ideas, please share, all suggestions are welcome.
    Well no wonder you've had issues, why would you NOT install the correct driver from the Fanatec site.. the calibration on Fanatec wheels is usually just to correctly centre the wheel, which is what I assume you mean?

https://www.fanatec.com/download/CSL-E-WB-Manual.pdf

Look under "Hotkeys" section...

Mod edit: moved to appropriate thread...
    Last edited by Konan; 27-11-2016 at 15:20.

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + Clubsport pedals + shifter set - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i3-4130T - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX750Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad
    The following user likes this Post: Remco Van Dijk

Platform
    PS4
    Please don't start multiple threads about the same topic...

If you hadn't got the Fanatec driver installed until now, then there's nothing we can do to help how the wheel works in the game. Device drivers are made for a good reason

There is no need to calibrate the wheel outside the game, the wheel does that itself. Only after installing new firmware you have to recalibrate the wheel center once as clearly shown in the wheel's manual (link), as Mad Al already wrote (and the shifter, if you use one).
    CPU i7 2600K | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1070 8GB + GTX780 3Gb (PhysX)| Audio Xonar Phoebus @ 5.1 | OS Win 7 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA DSX6 | Reflections HIGH | EnvMap HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | Track ULTRA | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Crepuscular Rays ON | Heat Haze OFF | Stretched Headlights ON | Detailed Grass OFF
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway. || With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.