Thread: triple screen, what fov?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

triple screen, what fov?

I understand Project cars uses horizontal FOV, and using this fov calculator (http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/index.php), my fov should be 163 degrees. However the game only goes up to 160 and it looks horribly stretched even at that. Playing around with the ingame adjuster, it seems 120 degrees is more realistic but I'd like to know what my correct fov should be. What do you guys with triple screen setups use?

Handling QA Lead Jussi Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Without separately rendering each monitor those calculators don't really work. I think the closest to realistic you're going to get is with the following method:

Calculate the FOV for a single screen, and run the game in single screen mode with that FOV. Pay attention to what you see in the cockpit around the edges when you do this, take a picture if necessary.

Then switch to triples and go into the game again. Go on the track and use the keyboard FOV +/- commands to adjust the FOV until the center screen looks like it did before.

It'll always be a bit of a compromise between accurate center screen and accurate side screens, once you find the spot for the center screen you'll probably want to fiddle with it a bit (probably increase it somewhat) until you get something that works for you.

Platform
    PC
    As mentioned, it will depend on your resolution and distance to the monitors. I use 103 for my FOV. I would start between 105 and 110 and go down until you don't like it. Then step back up one notch. As Jussi mentions, you can adjust it in real time. The default adjustment keys are the "[" and "]" but you can set them to whatever you desire in the "Edit Assignment" page.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    thx for the tips guys

Platform
    PC
    this is not the solution but a good explanation of what is happening.

http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/19...cars-explained
    my english is horrible, sorry! STEAM PROFILE // my DIY RIG // Baseline Wheel FFB Values
    Mainboard: Rampage IV Extreme //Cpu: i7-3930k @4200 //Psu: Corsair RM750i //Ram: 4x Corsair 4GB 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 //Vga: Asus Strix Gtx970
    Wheel: Thrustmaster T300 GTE + Fanatec Clubsport pedals V3 + TH8A (h-shifter) + TH8RS (sequential) + Fanatec Handbrake

Platform
    PC
    28 inch monitors, my FOV is set to 125. Distance from screens is 36"
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves