Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beginner HELP!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Beginner HELP!

Not been into race games and genuinly a gta,watchdogs open world gamer, also fifa and wwe2k17, thought id get this game as it looks amazing and im a stat freak.. How the hell do i play this! How do i spin out on the straight road esp on clio cup tier 6, any tutorial or websites to see what i can do to resolve,
    *Does this happen to all newbies.
    *how long till an average starter take to get competitive?

Platform
    PC
    Hi and welcome!

This game tries to simulate real cars, so you need to drive them as real cars especially regarding throttle and steering input. I take it you're using a controller as input device? The key element is smooth inputs, and build it up slowly. If you never played a race sim before, you won't be competitive for a while against good AI, so dial that AI level down but above all take the car out on the track and practice
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cluck, Konan

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    ...and be especially carefull on the outlap in practice and qualifying since your tyres will still be cold...
    Welcome to a new experience...

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Im using the ps4 control, ive started hitting accelarate gently, seem to get better results
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PS4
    I am new at Pcars too. Using the controller and have not been able to drive in a straight line. Have not been able to take a decent corner for that matter ;-) I have been playing MS Flight Simulator for many years and it took me one year to get a plane of the ground and fly. In a decent matter that is. I have been driving around in Real Racing 3 for about three years and was not getting anywhere in the first year or so.

I just bought a PS4 two weeks ago. I am reading a lot on the internet and looking at YouTube for information. I have a Logitech G29 and Shifter waiting in the box to be mounted on a decent race seat (which I have yet to buy) but my plan is to practice my ass off... Can I say *SS here :-)

Like they say: practice makes perfect...
    The following user likes this Post: Sankyo

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Python-Five View Post
    I am new at Pcars too. Using the controller and have not been able to drive in a straight line. Have not been able to take a decent corner for that matter ;-) I have been playing MS Flight Simulator for many years and it took me one year to get a plane of the ground and fly. In a decent matter that is. I have been driving around in Real Racing 3 for about three years and was not getting anywhere in the first year or so.

I just bought a PS4 two weeks ago. I am reading a lot on the internet and looking at YouTube for information. I have a Logitech G29 and Shifter waiting in the box to be mounted on a decent race seat (which I have yet to buy) but my plan is to practice my ass off... Can I say *SS here :-)

Like they say: practice makes perfect...
    Get the seat you wont be disappointed.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    Get the seat you wont be disappointed.
    I know... waiting for the € 800 for the RSeat RS1 to magically show up in my wallet ;-)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Python-Five View Post
    I know... waiting for the € 800 for the RSeat RS1 to magically show up in my wallet ;-)
    aren't we all...
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Platform
    PC
    Driving with a controller, I would definitely recommend having ABS, traction control and stability control on. You can still spin out if you go daft, but the feeling is closer to driving with a wheel IMO, because with a wheel and pedals, you can make tiny corrections very quickly, and the assists sort of replicate that for the controller. As said above, smoothness in steering is all, and use the AI (start at 50% skill and at the back of the grid) to judge your braking points. Apply throttle smoothly too and use real world driving technique, learning how fast to take each corner and build up a mental picture of the whole track. You'll get hooked before long. It's quite a different game with a controller, but fun nonetheless.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following user likes this Post: Rosinbag1

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    On YouTube, search for the video 'best controller settings project cars Ps4' and watch the one first in the list (has a red r8) as the thumbnail pic.

It made a big difference for me, as in I can now drive in straight lines and round corners. ��