Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Penalty Addon for Dedicated Server

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Penalty Addon for Dedicated Server

Hi,

I'm releasing my Penalty Addon for Dedicated Server.

This addon is written in Lua language and installed on the dedicated server, there's no need to keep any software opened. It works by giving penalty points to players, similar to what penalty system of PCDSG does, with some nice features added. Works with windows or linux versions of the server.

The installation procedure is simple, just drop all the files inside "lua/epinter_penalty/", and enable in server.cfg. For detailed instructions, please access the github.

Source code and instructions: https://github.com/epinter/pcars-addon-penalty
    Download: https://github.com/epinter/pcars-addon-penalty/releases
    Last edited by epinter; 11-12-2016 at 15:52.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: cogent, RomKnight, Ryzza5

Platform
    PC
    Nice one epinter!

Does that add-on post a chat message at the start of a session warning all drivers that penalties can result in a kick + temp-ban?

The only limitation I can see (but don't know how you would resolve) is when the cause of the crash is the driver with the better position (i.e. blocking/swerving, unsafe rejoin, away from keyboard at race start, roadblock, etc).

MB Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe // CPU Intel i5 3570K // RAM G.Skill 16GB DDR3 @2133MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia Titan X // HDD 4x 2TB Western Digital // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler Corsair H80 // Case CoolerMaster 650 Silencio // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters (x64 DX11 not gold)

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 // Seat PlaySeat Executive
    The following 2 users likes this Post: epinter, Stewy32

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 View Post
    Nice one epinter!

Does that add-on post a chat message at the start of a session warning all drivers that penalties can result in a kick + temp-ban?

The only limitation I can see (but don't know how you would resolve) is when the cause of the crash is the driver with the better position (i.e. blocking/swerving, unsafe rejoin, away from keyboard at race start, roadblock, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 View Post
    Nice one epinter!

I agree with you, but about the impact the game just provides the id of both cars and magnitude. Before I tried a race with this system, I was sceptical too.

I play with it every day, and the system has proven to be efficient. Players tend to avoid impact when they join the server and see the message about all the penalty points possible (specially double points at race start).

When a player does a clean race, the points are reduced on every lap without impact. A player that doesn't know how to race carefully, will certainly collide not with just 1, but with a few racers, and at the third collision will be kicked.

Reducing penalty points for clean laps and for P1, the fair drivers tend to stay with 0 points.

This is the event game sends:
    Code:
              "name" : "Impact",
              "type" : "Participant",
              "description" : "This event is generated when a participant collides with something. This event is reported by one of the participants in the collision, and can contain information about the other participant (unless this is a collision with the environment). Which participant reports this event is not defined, it is not the one who \"caused\" the collision. Because of the assymetric nature of physical collisions in multiplayer, the other participant might report the same event too, with slightly different values.",
              "attributes" : [
                {
                  "name" : "OtherParticipantId",
                  "type" : "int32",
                  "description" : "Other participant's id, or -1 if not collided into a participant."
                },
                {
                  "name" : "CollisionMagnitude",
                  "type" : "int32",
                  "description" : "Magnitude of the impact. Value reported by physics multiplied by 1000, with 0 meaning no impact (never reported) and 1000 being the highest value."
                }
              ]
            },

Platform
    PC
    Nice one, clearly worth a try

Just a question : what does "The host of the session receives different number of points" exactly mean ?
    PC Intel I7 4790K@4GHz | 16 GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Sport | 2 x MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G (GeForce 364.72) | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | Windows 7 Home Premium x64 | Thrustmaster T300RS + T3PA-PRO + TH8A
    Visual FX Post Proc On | Lens Flare Off | Int.& Ext Sun Flare Minimal | Bloom On | Heat Haze On | GSI On | Exp Comp 1.00 | Rain Drops No | Vignette No | Crep Rays Yes | Screen Dirt Yes
    Performance Res DSR 1440p@120Hz
    | Windowed No | Text Res High | AF 16x | V-Sync No | AA High | FXAA Off | SMAA Off | Refl High | EnvMap High | Car Ultra | Track Ultra | Shadow High | Motion Blur Off | RFA 1 | Detailed Grass On | Part Lvl High | Part Dens Ultra | RFA Yes
    Steam ID SQRT_ViNCE

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    By default the host will receive 4 points, while all other players receive 12 points. This is configurable.

Platform
    PC
    Thanks epinter! I should have read the default configuration more carefully (it was late night).
    Is there a technical reason behind this host session receiving different points (maybe you noticed some problems with host migration when host is kicked)?
    I understood you can configure it, I'm just wondering why you considered this option.
    PC Intel I7 4790K@4GHz | 16 GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Sport | 2 x MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G (GeForce 364.72) | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | Windows 7 Home Premium x64 | Thrustmaster T300RS + T3PA-PRO + TH8A
    Visual FX Post Proc On | Lens Flare Off | Int.& Ext Sun Flare Minimal | Bloom On | Heat Haze On | GSI On | Exp Comp 1.00 | Rain Drops No | Vignette No | Crep Rays Yes | Screen Dirt Yes
    Performance Res DSR 1440p@120Hz
    | Windowed No | Text Res High | AF 16x | V-Sync No | AA High | FXAA Off | SMAA Off | Refl High | EnvMap High | Car Ultra | Track Ultra | Shadow High | Motion Blur Off | RFA 1 | Detailed Grass On | Part Lvl High | Part Dens Ultra | RFA Yes
    Steam ID SQRT_ViNCE

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Boulard View Post
    Thanks epinter! I should have read the default configuration more carefully (it was late night).
    Is there a technical reason behind this host session receiving different points (maybe you noticed some problems with host migration when host is kicked)?
    I understood you can configure it, I'm just wondering why you considered this option.
    No technical reason... Sometimes the host is a good player and doesn't want to take the risk to be kicked ...

There are situations where the host will restart the server (if he is the owner) just to be able to join again after being kicked, so it's better to give less penalty points...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hi epinter....thanks for your contribution. I love your idea with the double points in the first 4 seconds of the race start and removing PP with each clean lap!

I wanted to also force impact penalties in my qualify session by editing the "1" to a "0" //When 1, the penalty system will only work during the race, not practices or qualify) though i discovered it wasn't giving a 12 point impact penalty no matter how strong of impact in my qualify session.

In my race sessions i discovered if you only very gently impacted into a driver you still received the 12 point impact penalty which i believe that very light bumps and scrapes are part of GT3 racing and you shouldn't receive the penalty for such a very light bump into an opponent's rear end. In cogent's PCDSG the impact penalty was only given if you hit the driver with a much stronger impact which would also bring up the Pcars "impact pop-up message". Can the strength of the impact be adjusted if i wanted to experiment or would you be willing to check into this and make it just a little less sensitive to an impact similar to PCDSG.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Last edited by kingace; 16-01-2017 at 02:17.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by kingace View Post
    Hi epinter....thanks for your contribution. I love your idea with the double points in the first 4 seconds of the race start and removing PP with each clean lap!

I wanted to also force impact penalties in my qualify session by editing the "1" to a "0" //When 1, the penalty system will only work during the race, not practices or qualify) though i discovered it wasn't giving a 12 point impact penalty no matter how strong of impact in my qualify session.

In my race sessions i discovered if you only very gently impacted into a driver you still received the 12 point impact penalty which i believe that very light bumps and scrapes are part of GT3 racing and you shouldn't receive the penalty for such a very light bump into an opponent's rear end. In cogent's PCDSG the impact penalty was only given if you hit the driver with a much stronger impact which would also bring up the Pcars "impact pop-up message". Can the strength of the impact be adjusted if i wanted to experiment or would you be willing to check into this and make it just a little less sensitive to an impact similar to PCDSG.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Hi!
    I will test the penalty system in qualify, maybe a recent update broke something...

In this penalty system I dont consider the impact magnitude, an option for that would be nice. I will implement it.

Thanks very much for your feedback !

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hi epinter....thanks for the future implementation of the "impact magnitude", this will be great.

If i increase this "local raceStartDelay = 4" to a 5 or 6 will it help to increase the seconds during the "race start" ?
    (During the first 4 seconds of the race start, the first player to crash will receive penalty points doubled)

Thankyou in advance!
    Last edited by kingace; 17-01-2017 at 18:01.