Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Penalty Addon for Dedicated Server

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by epinter View Post
    The game reports only impacts above 300 and below 1000. The addon tests if the magnitude reported by the game is >= minCollisionMagnitude, if this is true, impact is penalized.

In the configuration, any number between 0 and 299 will make all impacts be penalized.
    Then my adjustments are from 0 = more sensitive to impact penalty) to 299 = less sensitive to impact penalty) and using a figure of "300" or larger won't ever be penalized. Hope i'am understanding this correctly.

Thanks for your explanation and adding these great new adjustments.
    Last edited by kingace; 19-01-2017 at 22:34.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by kingace View Post
    Then my adjustments are from 0 = more sensitive to impact penalty) to 299 = less sensitive to impact penalty) and using a figure of "300" or larger won't ever be penalized. Hope i'am understanding this correctly.

Thanks for your explanation and adding these great new adjustments.
    As far as I understand from the documentation, 1000 is reported for more powerful impact ...
    From ServerTypes.pdf:

int32 CollisionMagnitude
    Magnitude of the impact. Value reported by physics multiplied by 1000, with 0 meaning no
    impact (never reported) and 1000 being the highest value.

In my logs, I only saw values from 300 to 1000, never out of this range.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by epinter View Post
    As far as I understand from the documentation, 1000 is reported for more powerful impact ...
    From ServerTypes.pdf:

int32 CollisionMagnitude
    Magnitude of the impact. Value reported by physics multiplied by 1000, with 0 meaning no
    impact (never reported) and 1000 being the highest value.

In my logs, I only saw values from 300 to 1000, never out of this range.
    Results of my Tests to give you some helpful feedback:

I tested various figures above "0" in the penalty config "minCollisionMagnitude: 0" I tested using 100, 200, 299 and determined i only needed to "gently" impact into a driver to receive the 12 point impact penalty and using these settings provided "equally" the same result, but once i began testing with much higher figures from 700 up to 1000 then i need marginally stronger impacts to trigger the 12 point penalty system which was what i was looking to exactly achieve for racing with GT3 or tin-top.

Note: i edited the config so the host (me) would also receive 12 PP for each impact in these tests. In the "qualify" session the PP system was now working but not always correctly awarding the responsible driver who delivered the impact. Example: I delivered an impact into the test driver and received a 12 PP so then i hit him a second time and received another 12 PP for a total of 24 PP so now i had this test driver impact into me and instead of the test driver getting the 12 PP i received a third PP and was kicked from my server. I tested this same scenario for 3 times and each result was always the same! Cogent (PCDSG) program had this same problem of not being able to always determine the correct impact offender in qualify sessions but was able to finally resolve this issue!

( // Time range in seconds when the race-start-penalty will be applied raceStartDelay: 4 ) I tested this feature by changing it from 4 to "12" and it worked correctly by allowing more seconds in time to penalize a first crash driver the 24 PP. It's great to be able to make changes with this feature!

Tested your "Ping Limit" add-on (0.9.5) Results: My test driver is from (Australia) and was kicked instantly when entering my server that's located in the (USA-east coast)) so i raised the Ping-Limit to 450ms so he could get on my server and i could evaluate his Ping located on his car's name tag which showed a ping averaging from 350ms to 380ms so i concluded the ping of a driver is sometimes spiking with a much higher ping when first entering a server do to more lag load. So my determination is it's working very well but perhaps a little too sensitive for those drivers who's ping are within a tolerance of 50ms of the server's 400ms setting.

Update: Today in my server i had a driver who's ping shown a consistent 400 to 410ms and never a ping warning so not sure what to think about that situation but thought you should know!

I hope my test information will help you make your great apps even better for all of us! Thankyou very much
    Last edited by kingace; 22-01-2017 at 17:34.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by kingace View Post
    Results of my Tests to give you some helpful feedback:

I tested various figures above "0" in the penalty config "minCollisionMagnitude: 0" I tested using 100, 200, 299 and determined i only needed to "gently" impact into a driver to receive the 12 point impact penalty and using these settings provided "equally" the same result, but once i began testing with much higher figures from 700 up to 1000 then i need marginally stronger impacts to trigger the 12 point penalty system which was what i was looking to exactly achieve for racing with GT3 or tin-top.

Note: i edited the config so the host (me) would also receive 12 PP for each impact in these tests. In the "qualify" session the PP system was now working but not always correctly awarding the responsible driver who delivered the impact. Example: I delivered an impact into the test driver and received a 12 PP so then i hit him a second time and received another 12 PP for a total of 24 PP so now i had this test driver impact into me and instead of the test driver getting the 12 PP i received a third PP and was kicked from my server. I tested this same scenario for 3 times and each result was always the same! Cogent (PCDSG) program had this same problem of not being able to always determine the correct impact offender in qualify sessions but was able to finally resolve this issue!

( // Time range in seconds when the race-start-penalty will be applied raceStartDelay: 4 ) I tested this feature by changing it from 4 to "12" and it worked correctly by allowing more seconds in time to penalize a first crash driver the 24 PP. It's great to be able to make changes with this feature!

Tested your "Ping Limit" add-on (0.9.5) Results: My test driver is from (Australia) and was kicked instantly when entering my server that's located in the (USA-east coast)) so i raised the Ping-Limit to 450ms so he could get on my server and i could evaluate his Ping located on his car's name tag which showed a ping averaging from 350ms to 380ms so i concluded the ping of a driver is sometimes spiking with a much higher ping when first entering a server do to more lag load. So my determination is it's working very well but perhaps a little too sensitive for those drivers who's ping are within a tolerance of 50ms of the server's 400ms setting.

Update: Today in my server i had a driver who's ping shown a consistent 400 to 410ms and never a ping warning so not sure what to think about that situation but thought you should know!

I hope my test information will help you make your great apps even better for all of us! Thankyou very much
    Thank you very much for the extensive testing and feedback! I'm glad the addons are helping you.

The problem with the penalty for the wrong driver is noticeable in qualify because the addon consider the player with a higher position as the culprit. If you are P1 and crash many times in P5, P5 will be kicked because your position is better. Unfortunately, with the event/informations game provides there's no better way to find the culprit. Because of this behavior, I keep enabled on race only by default.

The ping addon makes some calculations and try to weight the ping spikes and low ping responses. If the player has only 1 very high ping spike, the time passed with low ping will reduce the chance of kick.