Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The problem with the car list for Pcars 2, and it ain't how many cars...

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Exclamation The problem with the car list for Pcars 2, and it ain't how many cars...

I love pcars 1,

But pcars 2 is messed up, why?

Because its using now OUTdated modern racing cars, the LMP1 cars are 3 years old, the Porsche that won the 24hr 2017 race is missing!
    It may come out as DLC but its not the point, why or are they gonna mix up 2014-2017 race cars on a grid?

I just don't like it, for example on a trailer i saw the modern 2016 A45 AMG Touring car racing against the last generation 2012 BMW 320i TC. It should be racing against modern honda Civic and BMW 125i TC's.

Why are they using 4 year old clio cup cars now?

Im sorry but i was expecting a full updated race car roster using 2017 LMP cars and more modern F1 cars. (sorry Formula A).

Sorry Slightly mad Studio's, but no sale here. not until i see the DLC cars, im not happy with the original field of race cars you have laid out.

Pcars 2 is a new game and should feature the latest modern race cars, not the previous ones from previous game, I'm not shelling out 50 for nearly the same cars from the previous game and a few updates, oh and then 30-40 for Season pass.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dan2312 View Post
    I love pcars 1,

Because its using now OUTdated modern racing cars, the LMP1 cars are 3 years old, the Porsche that won the 24hr 2017 race is missing!
    It may come out as DLC but its not the point, why or are they gonna mix up 2014-2017 race cars on a grid?

I just don't like it, for example on a trailer i saw the modern 2016 A45 AMG Touring car racing against the last generation 2012 BMW 320i TC. It should be racing against modern honda Civic and BMW 125i TC's.

Why are they using 4 year old clio cup cars now?

Im sorry but i was expecting a full updated race car roster using 2017 LMP cars and more modern F1 cars. (sorry Formula A).

Sorry Slightly mad Studio's, but no sale here. not until i see the DLC cars, im not happy with the original field of race cars you have laid out.

Pcars 2 is a new game and should feature the latest modern race cars, not the previous ones from previous game, I'm not shelling out 50 for nearly the same cars from the previous game and a few updates, oh and then 30-40 for Season pass.
    I'm sure there worried about that !

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Have you even thought about if they could get the licence for the 2017 cars and also all the data that would be needed? I think not.
    It's not as easy as you think it might be.
    Also you obviously have no idea about game development.

If you don't like it then don't buy it, your money your choice.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    My replies in red.

I love pcars 1,

Because its using now OUTdated modern racing cars, the LMP1 cars are 3 years old, the Porsche that won the 24hr 2017 race is missing! => And that makes those cars not fun to race?
    It may come out as DLC but its not the point, why or are they gonna mix up 2014-2017 race cars on a grid? => Car classes and car grouping are done exceptionally well IMO! If you want to see where it is messed up check out Forza. They put GT2, GTE, GT3, Super GT and Super Trofeo all in the same class on the same grid...

I just don't like it, for example on a trailer i saw the modern 2016 A45 AMG Touring car racing against the last generation 2012 BMW 320i TC. It should be racing against modern honda Civic and BMW 125i TC's. => That A45 is a fictionally tuned car and I'm sure it will be competitive vs that 2012 BMW

Why are they using 4 year old clio cup cars now? => Because they are fun? I love that little bugger!

Pcars 2 is a new game and should feature the latest modern race cars, not the previous ones from previous game, I'm not shelling out 50 for nearly the same cars from the previous game and a few updates, oh and then 30-40 for Season pass => Very interested to hear which game you think that does this right then. If pretty shiny 2016-2018 car models is all you care about there are other simcade games out there. Just don't expect the same form of realism and immersion.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    Have you even thought about if they could get the licence for the 2017 cars and also all the data that would be needed? I think not.
    It's not as easy as you think it might be.
    Also you obviously have no idea about game development.

If you don't like it then don't buy it, your money your choice.

Would you be happy to purchase Project cars 3 with the same cars as Project cars 1 just because of the license and data issues?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bigal1000 View Post
    I'm sure there worried about that !
    Its just feedback that I think they need for future reference, I know I'm a small percentage that complains about what I just said. I do not expect them to cater just for me.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Also,

Some info on the car count in Project CARS 1:
    * 65 cars in the base game on release
    * 10 cars added for free
    * 30 cars added via payed DLC
    => 125 cars total

Some info on the car count in Project CARS 2:
    * 187 cars in the base game on release
    * at least 40 cars added via payed DLC (4+4+8+8+8+8)
    => at least 227 cars in total

Again, if you love PCARS 1 like you said and you seem so focussed on the cars alone, tell me again why PCARS 2 is "messed up"? More than 50% of the cars are completely new to the series, I don't know exactly how many (yet ) but a significant amount from PC1 won't make it into PC2 for various reasons (RUF, Formula Gulf, Superkart, Lykan Hypersport, Ariel, ...).

Would I love to see the 2016 Porsche, Toyota and Audi LMP1's in the game? Of course! But the fact is that car manufacturers are very secret about revealing the inside specs of these cars. SMS has a high standard for their cars, if they cannot get accurate and detailed enough data for their car models, the car won't make it in. Yes Forza has all these cars but honestly, that entire handling model is more arcade than sim anyway. They just need the license from the manufacturers, the 3D model and that's enough for them. That is not the case with SMS.

Also that is just LMP1. If you look at LMP2, LMP3, GTE, GT3 and GT4 we have some shiny new cars there. Then there is rallycross, IndyCar and the brand new Formula X which are all new cars as well. Road cars have the latest from a lot of manufacturers as well like the McLaren 720S, LaFerrari, Audi R8, Jaguar SVR, ... And the classics have been expanded very nicely as well (LMP900, Group C, GTO, Group B all got some new classics to race in.

With "new" I mean 2015/2016 or newer since that is for many situations still the latest model of a certain car and it has no successor yet in real life.
    Last edited by breyzipp; 11-07-2017 at 23:33.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following 6 users likes this Post: bradleyland, casscroute, Mowzer, Roger Prynne, ShneebnaMRR108, SpikyCactus

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    My replies in red.
    Just a note, I came from Forza and thought it was ok'ish, Grand Turismo is garbage.

It is difficult to find a game with similar immersion, but not realism. There are still options, I do not have to commit to one race simulation.

The cars are fun to race, but my point is splashing out money for the same cars again? really? even with the new tyre model it does not make it justifiable.

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Would you be happy to purchase Project cars 3 with the same cars as Project cars 1 just because of the license and data issues?
    Given that this is unlikely to happen, it's a moot point. pCARS2 has a host of cars that never came to pCARS1 and I don't doubt that pCARS3 would come with even more new cars and brands to the series. In addition to many returning cars.

It is absolutely impossible to expect the devs to have known about 2017 cars back in 2015. Even if they knew about them late last year, they still have to license them, get the cars photographed, measured, have the audio recorded and get all the physics data together. It is simply impossible to translate all that work into finished and tested cars, in-game, in that tight a time-frame. Assuming, of course, that the manufacturers gave them access to the cars, gave them the required data etc etc.

If you feel that the full car roster - which is still yet to reveal 24 cars, including those from 2 very high-profile car brands - does not satisfy you then, fair enough, you are perfectly free to not buy the game. You'll be missing out on a lot of fun but that's your choice
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Logitech G29 wheel // Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals // Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz // Oculus Rift DK2 // GT Omega Cockpit Pro w/extra bracing //

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    The post seems to imply I'm focused on the cars alone yes, but I'm a huge motorsport fan (BTCC, LMP, GT3,historic etc etc (not modern F1))

Messed up maybe a wrong choice of words, but what I mean is I feel SMS have messed up for not aiming to put 2017 race cars into the game.

I am hoping and will be waiting to see if the DLC adds what I'm looking for.