Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: rFactor 2

Platform
    PC
    I tried Rfactor2 Demo again last Night... The FFB is Good Right from the Start!!! My Pcars FFB Feels Very Much Like Rfactor2 FFB but it took 10 updates and a Few Hundred Hours to get it there!!!Its Not a Graphically Pretty Game Not even on Max Settings @60FPS.... But the FFB is Spot on!!!

Another Good Find Big Dad!!!

I have the Full Game I bought it a while ago on My Older PC... But i cant get it to show up on My New PC steam account??? I May have to Buy it again.

Question are they still updating Rfactor2 to have Better Graphics???

Does the Full Game Look any Better than the Demo???
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Platform
    PC
    https://youtu.be/larsRJKZNv8
    Assetto Corsa Ai ,lol

Grimey , a new studio (Studio 397) have taken over from ISI and they are moving it to Directx 11 so that will give a huge graphical improvement . I'm sure once that happens the price will increase so if you're interested in it buy it now ..
    Maxing out the setting in game arent enough i'm afraid you need to go in nVidia inspector and put sparse grid supersampling to as much as your card can handle (in my case x4) . The GTX 1070 should get up to x8 i'm sure and put Multi sampling at x8 also , now you getting some improvements over ingame settings .
    As for the demo , i'm not sure because i didn't play with settings other than maxing out the ingame stuff .
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / McLaren GT3 / CS Universal Hub with magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / : 2ndLastJedi
    The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    I have the Full Game I bought it a while ago on My Older PC... But i cant get it to show up on My New PC steam account??? I May have to Buy it again.
    Maybe you bought it non-Steam and didn't move to Steam yet? You can have a look here. Long time ago that I moved, but it worked flawlessly for me. I can stress that mod support via Steam workshop is one of the easiest ways I know, lots of good content already, staying up to date automatically and from what I have seen lots of modders are switching to that way of distribution lately. Really looking forward to DX11 and VR support, at the moment I don't fancy "changing" my desktop layout for some hours of racing when I can do so with just putting the Rift on with other titles.
    Moreover, as mentioned earlier, the latest nVidia driver seems to be a giant leap forward speaking about stability, I get hardly any crashes lately with my quite heavily overclocked 980 ti.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: BigDad, GrimeyDog

Platform
    PC
    Are you able to distribute pCars Mods through Steam?
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / McLaren GT3 / CS Universal Hub with magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / : 2ndLastJedi

Platform
    PC
    Unfortunately not, there is no Steam workshop support afaik. I didn't even expect the modding support which we have now, the structure with mods.txt and tiremod.rg is quite handy I think. Moreover there is a rather little number of mods for pCars so it's easy to handle (considering the MDMT stuff and some "tuning" siblings of in-game-cars available on RD [some more information in the RD forums]). For those mods it's an advantage that pC is basically done so there won't be any new features the mods have to be adapted to.

(Sorry for going off to)

Platform
    PC
    I loved Pcars on the console, where I had very little sims to choose from. I have my moments with it on the PC, but the poor way they implemented certain things makes it a PITA for me to bother with. Hopefully they learned from those things, and Pcars 2 will be better.

Did rFactor 2 ever get VR support? That's honestly the only reason it's not in my collection right now.
    Core i5 6400 4.3GHz / 16Gb DDR4 2400mhz / GTX 1070 / 500GB EVO 850 SSD / Oculus Rift CV1

CSW 2.5 base + BMW GT2 rim + Formula rim/ V3i pedals / TH8A shifter / Fanatec handbrake/GT Omega Racing cockpit / Aura pro bass shaker + SMSL SA-98e + SimVibe

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiche View Post
    Maybe you bought it non-Steam and didn't move to Steam yet? You can have a look here. Long time ago that I moved, but it worked flawlessly for me. I can stress that mod support via Steam workshop is one of the easiest ways I know, lots of good content already, staying up to date automatically and from what I have seen lots of modders are switching to that way of distribution lately. Really looking forward to DX11 and VR support, at the moment I don't fancy "changing" my desktop layout for some hours of racing when I can do so with just putting the Rift on with other titles.
    Moreover, as mentioned earlier, the latest nVidia driver seems to be a giant leap forward speaking about stability, I get hardly any crashes lately with my quite heavily overclocked 980 ti.
    Good call on that!!! I didnt buy it through Steam... I just recovered My Steam Key and Activated RF2 on My Steam Acct... good call!!! i just activated it on steam so im good to go and i didn't have to buy it again
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following 2 users likes this Post: BigDad, Reiche

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
    Did rFactor 2 ever get VR support? That's honestly the only reason it's not in my collection right now.
    There was a way to VR with some earlier version, but this is no longer working (not sure if it was official or a workaround). But the new team behind rF2 announced VR support together with DX11. I'm under the impression it was announced for early 2017/Q1 2017, but can't find reference to verify this right now.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiche View Post
    There was a way to VR with some earlier version, but this is no longer working (not sure if it was official or a workaround). But the new team behind rF2 announced VR support together with DX11. I'm under the impression it was announced for early 2017/Q1 2017, but can't find reference to verify this right now.
    https://www.studio-397.com/2016/10/r...-october-2016/
    Here is their road map, for this month....
    Last edited by BigDad; 09-11-2016 at 21:53.
    The following user likes this Post: Reiche

Platform
    PC
    The maps take a Long time to load!!! or is it just Me???