Thread: Stand-alone Monitor/TV stand review: GT Omega Art Monitor Stand

Platform
    PS4

Stand-alone Monitor/TV stand review: GT Omega Art Monitor Stand

Here's my review of the GT Omega Art Monitor stand.

http://usa.gtomegaracing.com/gt-omeg...d?search=stand

I couldn't find even one review on the entire internet for this single monitor stand (but the triple monitor stand does have some reviews), so I did my own:

I was looking for a stand for my 40" TV so I could place it right behind my T300 wheel and PS4. I have a Playseat Evolution and the pedal box will fit within the GT Omega Art Monitor stand as long as when you assemble it you have the "lip" that the caster wheels mount to OUTSIDE instead of inside (look at the example photos on the website - just mount them opposite of the photo). This does not affect the function or stability of the stand by having the "lip" outside.

The box the stand comes in is only about 2' long but surpisingly everything fit in it. The directions are in Chinese, but there are photos. The best thing to do is look at the photo and think it through while assembling it. The kit comes with everything you need to assemble it, including 2 small wrenches and an allen wrench. Do yourself a favor and have your own adjustable wrench or both a 13mm and a 14mm box wrench ready because the supplied wrenches don't really fit. The "extra" bolts are used to mount your TV to the stand, which was a nice surprise (I used the longer M6 bolts, but there are other sizes included too). It takes a little bit of adjusting the height to get it just right, but it's not too difficult. I was able to assemble it, set it up, and adjust the height by myself, but an extra pair of hands would have been helpful.

It's not the flashiest stand out there, and it is that weird Chinese steel (hard to explain, but you know it when you see/feel it), but for only $110 shipped it's a great deal. My TV used to be about 6' from my eyes, but with this stand I'm now only about 2-1/2' away and it is much more immersive while racing. It's like really looking out the windshield! Another good thing is that since it's a stand-alone unit, FFB from your wheel doesn't cause your TV to shake or move. I'm going to pop-rivet some speaker mounts to it for a center speaker and front stereo speakers. I'd recommend this stand for those looking to improve their sim racing rig.
    Last edited by GUTTER-BOY; 26-12-2016 at 18:33.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Flat-6, gotdirt410sprintcar, hkraft300, SGETI

Platform
    PC
    The instructions I got for the Pro stand was all in English.
    "Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all of my life. And it stands up before anything else." - Ayrton Senna

Steam l PC specs

Platform
    PS4
    @Azure: How do like the Pro Stand? The GT Omega rigs look pretty good, and it seems like the paint is high gloss. The TV stand had a sort-of powdercoat or flat paint on it, that's why I said it was that "weird" steel. Kind of like low cost steel (but sturdy enough for what it is). Here's what my instructions looked like. The "extra" bolts were for mounting the TV to the stand. It took a few minutes to figure out what all the parts were for and how they fit together. Overall though, I can't complain about the cost and quality of it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GT Omega ART TV Stand.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	236592

Sorry the photo is upside-down, but you get the idea...
    Last edited by GUTTER-BOY; 01-01-2017 at 22:29.

Platform
    PS4

Name:	Apps.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	122.9 KB 
ID:	236599Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SimRigAV.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	236600Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SimRigOverall2.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	236601Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SimRigOverview.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	109.3 KB 
ID:	236602Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SimRigOverview3.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	236603Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SimRigTV.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	236604

Platform
    PS4
    Here are some photos, but it's still a work in progress. I have to build a mount for the center channel speaker and a chair mount for the surround sound speakers, then run some cables and conceal them (as much as possible). The great thing about the stand is that since it's separate from the rig, you can move it wherever you want in order to get it in the perfect position and distance. The last photo looks crooked for some reason, but in real life it's square to my sim rig.
    Last edited by GUTTER-BOY; 29-12-2016 at 17:39.

Platform
    PS4
    @grumpy: Thanks, the sim rig makes racing much more enjoyable and realistic. Too bad I'm still slow! But at least I'm comfortable. Building a rig isn't too expensive if you shop smart. I bought my Playseat Evolution off craigslist for $200, and it came with a G27 that I sold on eBay for $225 so my seat was basically free. I also bought the older model iPad that I use for the PCARS Dash app off craigslist too, and it was only $40. The other tablet with Android for Crew Chief App was $29 at Walmart. The TV was a Black Friday special for $130, the stand was $110, etc. In other words, if you take your time and shop smart you could have one in your man cave pretty soon. Plus, I bought everthing bit by bit, so my wife didn't freak out over one big bill coming in.

If you need any rig ideas, check out this website:http://www.thewayiplay.com/mainforum....php?board=2.0 The Way I Play has a bunch of cool, homebuilt sim rigs.
    Last edited by GUTTER-BOY; 04-03-2017 at 00:32.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Flat-6, hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    Just about finished (for now!)

Name:	IMG_0085.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	237127Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0101.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	237128Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0091.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	237129
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I know this is a very old thread but does this GT Omega single monitor stand come with a VESA mount? If not then what kind of VESA mount would I need? I know nothing about VESA mounts and a quick search on google turns up a bunch of different types.