Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fanatec and PCars

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Fanatec and PCars

Hello,

I love PCars. In my opinion it is the best console sim racer ever offered. I have logged hundreds of hours and am still having as much fun as I did on day one. I am also a Fanatec user so guess how unhappy I am with Sony for dropping support on all new racing games? It guts me that I spent the money I did for a Fanatec just to have Sony and Fanatec get into a pissing contest over royalties or whatever it is they are squibling about.

Throughout all of this, PCars still works with my Fanatec. I have heard rumors that SMS haven't released any recent updates to the game so Fanatec users can drive their wheels. Apparently if SMS doesn't update the game then the new patch Sony wants on all racing games to remove Fanatec support doesn't happen. I don't know if this is true at all, it is a rumor. Maybe there are posts on the forums that address this but i haven't read them. What I do know is that every day when I get home from a long day at work I can relax and race PCars on my Fanatec. If this ability is due to intervention by SMS then I want to shout out a HUGE thanks to them. They have made an outstanding game, the FFB is top notch, multiplayer is about as perfect as you will find, graphics are great and I get to use my very expensive Fanatec setup to race with. Thank you SMS I really appreciate being able to enjoy PCars on my Fanatec on PS4.

I hope Fanatec and Sony work out their differences before PCars 2 is released. If not, I will understand if SMS can no longer support Fanatec on PS4. Thanks for all the support for now.

Happy New year to everyone,

Seamastergmt
    Last edited by seamastergmt; 30-12-2016 at 16:36.
    PS4, Fanatec V2 base, V3 pedals, CSL P1 Steering Wheel, Ricmotech Cockpit, AK Rocker Seat, PCars Dash, Galaxy Tab S 7 in, Galaxy Note 4
    Pillow for my back...
    The following 2 users likes this Post: BigDad, hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    I have been playing for about six weeks now and got the Logitech G29 but I am already drooling all over the Fanatec stuff. For me it is a matter of time before I get them but if they are not working on PS4, I'd buy a PC to keep using them.
    PS4 - Rseat RS1 with red chair - Main: CSW v2 - 918 Rim - F1 Rim - CSP v3 + BK - CSS SQ v1.5. Spare: Logitech G29 with shifter - PCars Dash - NB3LED Button Box.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Get a pc guys, only way to send a message to Sony imho. I too am a Fanatec user and don't regret moving to pc for PCars.
    The following user likes this Post: BigDad

Platform
    PS4
    I am going to get myself a copy of Project Cars for PC. The actual PC hardware can come later. I am still saving up for the fanatec stuff. So plenty going on on my wish list ;-)
    PS4 - Rseat RS1 with red chair - Main: CSW v2 - 918 Rim - F1 Rim - CSP v3 + BK - CSS SQ v1.5. Spare: Logitech G29 with shifter - PCars Dash - NB3LED Button Box.

Platform
    PS4
    Don't bother. Pcars2 is expected to land 3rd quarter this year
    Build your pc while you wait!
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings.
    The following user likes this Post: Goresh

Superkart Pilot gotdirt410sprintcar's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    You can buy a gaming pc for like 600. You have to start some where thats my plan add too it when I can. Can't have it all at once that will just take the fun out of it or longer to pay the loan lol.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdirt410sprintcar View Post
    You can buy a gaming pc for like 600. You have to start some where thats my plan add too it when I can. Can't have it all at once that will just take the fun out of it or longer to pay the loan lol.
    I wouldn't buy a name brand built PC if you're on a budget. Better to buy bits and pieces put it together yourself, it's not hard they all plug in fairly straightforward.
    That way you can get a good spec and customised to your wants.
    $600au don't get you Jack s* around here lol

Edit: I've been frothing over Fanatec too. For that money + pc reckon I'll get myself a go kart and compete instead. That's my goal for the new year
    Last edited by hkraft300; 02-01-2017 at 01:30.
    G29 settings.
    The following user likes this Post: gotdirt410sprintcar

Platform
    PC
    Sometimes the best way to get in the PC gaming door is second hand with the potential for a GPU upgrade down the track. If gaming consoles are going to re-released every couple of years now then PC gaming is making a much more sense. Right up until Valve or nVidia come up with some sort of radical plan to charge us for online multiplayer.

MB Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe // CPU Intel i5 3570K // RAM G.Skill 16GB DDR3 @2133MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia Titan X // HDD 4x 2TB Western Digital // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler Corsair H80 // Case CoolerMaster 650 Silencio // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters (x64 DX11 not gold)

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 // Seat PlaySeat Executive

Platform
    PS4
    That's another way to go. I couldn't care less for a 2nd hand case or MB (if the latter is the spec I want).
    That's half way there isn't it?
    G29 settings.

Platform
    PC
    If the CPU is a decent i5 or i7 from ~2012 or newer then the only major player left is the graphics card (and suitable power supply). The compatible RAM and motherboard will likely already be taken care of.

MB Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe // CPU Intel i5 3570K // RAM G.Skill 16GB DDR3 @2133MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia Titan X // HDD 4x 2TB Western Digital // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler Corsair H80 // Case CoolerMaster 650 Silencio // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters (x64 DX11 not gold)

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 // Seat PlaySeat Executive
    The following 2 users likes this Post: gotdirt410sprintcar, hkraft300