Thread: OK, I'm the crazy who likes stuff to work - GeForce Experience & PCars VR not showing

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

OK, I'm the crazy who likes stuff to work - GeForce Experience & PCars VR not showing

Hay guys,

I know, not really a big drama, but why the heck wont Pcars VR show up in GeForce Experience. Assetto Corsa does & Dirt Rally too & these aren't even really fully supported, but all I have is the std version of Pcars in GeForce Experience

Annoying lol, well at least for me. I tweak anyway so the settings aren't really the issue, I just like things to work. Anyone else have it showing up?

Cheers, Shane

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Hay guys,

I know, not really a big drama, but why the heck wont Pcars VR show up in GeForce Experience. Assetto Corsa does & Dirt Rally too & these aren't even really fully supported, but all I have is the std version of Pcars in GeForce Experience

Annoying lol, well at least for me. I tweak anyway so the settings aren't really the issue, I just like things to work. Anyone else have it showing up?

Cheers, Shane
    Shows up fine for me. Geforce Experience has been a life saver with all the visual settings in PCars and not having a FPS counter in VR. I wish they would put one in the game. The biggest hit seems to be AA, turn that OFF. Then up the SS using the Oculus text file, that made the biggest visual difference for me. Objects in a distance became a lot less blurry.

How do I do this? - Look in this folder: \Users\<current user>\Documents\Project CARS\

Depending on the HMD you're using...
    Oculus Rift, edit: oculussettings.xml
    HTC Vive, edit: openvrsettings.xml

Look for a line called "<prop name="ResScale" data="1" />"

Change the number after 'data=' to whatever you want to set your super sampling to. Higher numbers will increase the resolution, while lowering the number will decrease the resolution. We recommend starting with a value around 1.5 and experimenting with it from there. How much you can push this will depend on your GPU.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Your not crazy!

As far as I know GeForce Experience only shows or edits the Monitor portion of the game (graphicsconfigopenvrdx11.xml) config file and not the VR portion... Vive (openvrsettings.xml) Oculus (oculussettings.xml)

I'm not 100% on this but Geforce experience is like you.. Just asking a dude hey! what are the best settings for my system.. I'ed like fast frame rates or high quality visuals.. and it takes a look at your video card then just switches the config file for the game automatically...
    I think it gets this information from a ( Nvidia database) as in Nvidia has to look at the game, the hardware used, then they add a file to there database and gives users the recommended options.. That's why you'll see popular VR games and not others..

Seeing that Project Cars has added VR option it might take Nvidia some time to add it.. It might even need to be submitted to Nvidia buy the game developer for all I know...

So after I typed all this out I tried updating my game list to see if they added it and no... not working for me... then I took a look on there website for supported games and Project Cars & Project Cars VR is in the list! so maybe where missing something??? anyone???

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya View Post
    Shows up fine for me. Geforce Experience has been a life saver with all the visual settings in PCars and not having a FPS counter in VR. I wish they would put one in the game. The biggest hit seems to be AA, turn that OFF. Then up the SS using the Oculus text file, that made the biggest visual difference for me. Objects in a distance became a lot less blurry.
    Sorry to ask but what graphics card, driver version, and Geforce experience version are you running? I haven't been able to get it to show up in months and it's super annoying. I'm on a 980Ti and it is just not even listed....

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I am going through the same issue as well. I noticed on Feb 2 when I was trying to record some TT laps using GeForce Experience while in VR. I was unable to use the GeForce Experience to record, stream, or take screenshots. I tried to reinstall GeForce Experience with no improvements. It seems to work fine when I boot up ProjectCARS2 without VR. I know there was a graphics driver update on 1/29. The driver update could be causing the issue. I started using OBS to record my game-play now until the GeForce Experience issue is resolved.
    Last edited by Phantom_kneo04; 06-02-2018 at 05:19.
    MSI AERO GTX 1080 | i7 7700k @4.2GHz | 16GB RAM | ASUS MG279Q Monitor | Oculus Rift
    Fanatec CSW Base V2.5 | BMW M3 GT2 & F1 Carbon Wheel | Clubsport Shifter SQ / V1.5 Handbrake | Clubsport Pedals V3 with Brake Performance Kit | GTOmega Wheel Stand & RS9 Seat