Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Cars - Assetto Corsa comparison.

Kart Driver
    @wolfcastle AC is not a sim simply because EVERY* racing series in the world is affected by weather. Sim racers who refuse to race in rain, are not sim racers. "Sims" that have no rain are driving games, not sims. That's not opinion, that's by definition of "simulation". One huge reason I stopped racing online is that most leagues use low damage and no weather which by definition of simulation, disclude those races from being sim racing. Even with full damage every game is much too forgiving and even if rain physics isn't perfect, it is a part of racing and separates a sim from a driving game. AC is a pretty good driving game, but it is far from being a sim- it is the most arcade of all the current major sims out there.

* Don't get me started with nascar- it is not a racing series- it is a motorsports entertainment series much like WWE is to wrestling

Platform
    PS4
    Ohhh shhnizzaap!
    My buddy runs a league (plus casual races) and in the last 6-7 months I've only once seen him host a race without rain. By accident.
    His competition races all have inclement weather.
    Sometimes he'll sneak in a cheeky storm slot where the wet tyres are nearly as bad as slicks...
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings.
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Ohhh shhnizzaap!
    My buddy runs a league (plus casual races) and in the last 6-7 months I've only once seen him host a race without rain. By accident.
    His competition races all have inclement weather.
    Sometimes he'll sneak in a cheeky storm slot where the wet tyres are nearly as bad as slicks...
    That's the way to do it! Kudos to your buddy!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by guybo View Post
    @wolfcastle AC is not a sim simply because EVERY* racing series in the world is affected by weather. Sim racers who refuse to race in rain, are not sim racers. "Sims" that have no rain are driving games, not sims. That's not opinion, that's by definition of "simulation". One huge reason I stopped racing online is that most leagues use low damage and no weather which by definition of simulation, disclude those races from being sim racing. Even with full damage every game is much too forgiving and even if rain physics isn't perfect, it is a part of racing and separates a sim from a driving game. AC is a pretty good driving game, but it is far from being a sim- it is the most arcade of all the current major sims out there.

* Don't get me started with nascar- it is not a racing series- it is a motorsports entertainment series much like WWE is to wrestling
    When you are driving in an open seater in the rain, do you get your wife/partner to throw a bucket of water over you?

My wife said I never listen.
    At least I think that's what she said.
    PS Pro ( beast mode). T300 rs, Playseat challenge, LG 49" HDR, Turtle beach headset.PSVR
    http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/wheel-sett...owse/ps4-1/171.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Bultaco85, racesafegrandad

Platform
    PC
    I actually have a FAN for the wind but who cares

I also experienced a few times having the daylight fading to night keeping pace with RL through the window in endurance races and ... well, if you're in the zone you don't get wet but you do get the chilly feel... ofc unless the pet comes into play and tumbles the scotch over you then there's some wetness involved too
    ---
    I'll be back (tm)

AKA RomKnight

| CPU: i5 4670K@4.3GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (375.70) | Mobo: AsRock Z87 Extreme6
    | RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz CL10 | PSU: Corsair CX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Asus Xonar DX + Asus Vulcan Pro | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    | Monitor: 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

| Wheel: CSWv2 w/ CSPv2 (USB) + CSS SQ (driver 261b/fw204+fw1.30) | Damping: 100 | 900
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0 | FFB/TF: 100/70 | Per Wheel Movement: -0.07/0.03/0.01 | DRR/DRF: 0.01/0.01
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut| FF: 100 | SHo: 100 | ABS: OFF | Lin: OFF | Dea: OFF | Dri: OFF | For: 100| Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100
    | Tweakers: None

| Visual FX: Blur: Off | HDR: Photo | Aniso: 16x | AA: DS2X| Vsync: Off (fast v-sync in drivers)| Flare: OFF | FOV: 106 | Grass: Off | Other: envmap/reflections: low - car/track: ultra - shadows: high
    | Driving assists : Off
    | CmdLine: -skipcrowds -dx11mt -pthreads 4
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Bultaco85, hkraft300, kingsti, Konan, lancashirelad, racesafegrandad

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiago Fortuna View Post
    ... ofc unless the pet comes into play and tumbles the scotch over you then there's some wetness involved too
    It's just trying to tell you to not drink and drive...
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 970 3,5+0,5GB | RAM 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Before posting a problem, make sure to check our Known Issues Threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

[QRWEP] Quick Race Weekend Event Planner
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Bultaco85, cluck, hkraft300, Konan, Mad Al, Tiago Fortuna

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by guybo View Post
    That must be why AC has a higher community rating than PCars on Steam and other places, and why Project Cars has far less community activity on Race Department's forums and also no league thread in the premium section. Or why it ranks lower than rFactor2 and Dirt Rally in this poll of an 8000+ member group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/wwsi...3626834202123/

IMO, PCars is great and probably the best thing on console (I haven't played AC on console, but from what I've seen it's lacking compared to the PC version), but on PC PCars actually feels the most sim-cade to me, excluding titles like Forza and Gran Turismo that consciously lean more toward arcade than sim. AC may not have weather, but they have given their reasons for not adding it, and I believe it has to do with maintain the physics standard that they set. But even so, if weather is your thing, that's still done better in other sim titles.
    Mobo: MSI Z170A, M7 | CPU: i7-6700K 4.0 GHz | Cooling: Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200 | GPU: GTX 1080 8GB | PSU: EVGA Supernova 750G2 | Storage: Samsung 500GB SSD | Display: 55" Sony Bravia @3840X2160 | VR: Oculus Rift | Wheel: CSW-v2, CSP-v3, CSS SQ / Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT Universal Hub Combo | Cockpit: GT Omega ART
    Steam ID | FFB Settings | Graphic Settings | Racecraft
    The following user likes this Post: Bultaco85

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    I'm glad Project CARS isn't Assetto Corsa because I don't want to be tarred with being a snobbish, elitist 'simracer' thankyouverymuch

Assetto Corsa does its thing and Project CARS does its thing, why can't people just accept that they are 2 separate games, both designed to allow people to have fun with cars. We can all pick holes in a particular game of course, because no game out there will be ideal for every single person. Find the game that matches what you want most closely and play that.

EDIT : Sorry!*

* not really
    As far as i'm concerned every game is different every game has its good points and bad points. The snobbish elitist attitude that occasionally raises its ugly head from the PC gaming community is just so annoying.
    Youtube is constantly full of this versus that, just buy the games and play them simple as that lol
    I dunno how people can compare forza driveclub need for speed assetto corsa pcars dirt rally wrc etc etc cos theyre all different the only similarity they have is theyre all racing games lol
    PSN LTR_30
    XBOX LIVE PISSHEAD30
    TWITCH LTR_30
    TWITTER/YOUTUBE PISSHEAD30
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Stevesixty7

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesixty7 View Post
    G29 with pedals and shifter mate.
    I find pcars more difficult than assetto cos I use a pad but hopefully thatll change soon to a t300 gt edition if I get the discussion going on a good day with the wife lol
    PSN LTR_30
    XBOX LIVE PISSHEAD30
    TWITCH LTR_30
    TWITTER/YOUTUBE PISSHEAD30
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, Stevesixty7

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisshead30 View Post
    I find pcars more difficult than assetto cos I use a pad but hopefully thatll change soon to a t300 gt edition if I get the discussion going on a good day with the wife lol

Been there...done that (mostly to no avail)
    The following user likes this Post: Stevesixty7