Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why bother?

Platform
    PS4
    Sounded more like sarcasm to me...anyway...putting a smiley in,here and there,could help a lot in regards of people knowing when you're serious or just joking around...
    A misunderstood post can cause quite a havoc as you might well know...
    Last edited by Konan; 28-01-2017 at 15:04.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Sounded more like sarcasm to me...anyway...putting a smiley in,here and there,could help a lot in regards of people knowing when you're serious or just joking around...
    A misunderstood post can cause quite a havoc as you might well know...
    Yea... I don't know if you remember the Automobilista thread... lel
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Synystr View Post
    I was being ironic... lol.

#1 Issue with PCARS community is everyone is so uptight all the time... Lets all just breathe together! Maybe get in the child pose and crack a brew... ffs.
    It's not just pCARS community. It's the Sim Racing community in general..... check out other forums/Facebook pages and you'll see what I mean.
    CanAm Virtual Racing Leagues - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - ADATA 12GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX950 AMP! 2GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - G27 wheel, DIY Button Box Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, Tiago Fortuna

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    We're building a very comprehensive ratings based system into pCARS2. You can choose the 'quality' of the people you prefer to race with/against. We have much more coming in this vein but I don't want to steal the thunder from the upcoming announcements.
    This is great news. I've been avoiding any online racing with pCars because I have had nothing but bad experiences with the groups I've raced with. I have been sim racing for about 12 years and I'm kind of picky about who I race with so I only race offline now. This is a positive step.

Platform
    PC
    For Project Cars (1) you can use HamsterStew witch rates drivers and kick rammers and badly rated drivers.
    OpenSUSE 42.1/Windows 7 x64 (Dual boot)
    Intel I5 4690K
    Nvidia GTX 660 si
    Logitech G29 with H shifter
    Casual driver - bad looser

Platform
    PC
    While I fully support the inclusion of driver ratings, I hope everyone here understands that it will NOT eliminate the issue of rammers.

Everyone holds iRacing and their driver rating in such high regard as the be all and end all of how to control rammers. Well the truth is that while it reduces them, it does NOT eliminate them. I joined iRacing in November in order to participate in their full endurance events. In order to get my ratings up fast enough it meant doing a LOT of racing at all license levels. Well, I encountered just as much poor race craft from Class A licensed drivers as I did from Rookie rated drivers. And unfortunately, just like pCARS does now, it does not differentiate causing contact from receiving contact or being pushed off track from deliberately driving off track. In other words, I still got punished for someone else's bad driving.

So while driver ratings is a great idea and a step in the right direction, please don't assume that it will automagically fix the online rammer issue.

Unfortunately no one has yet been able to patent a technology that allows us to fix stupidity.
    CanAm Virtual Racing Leagues - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - ADATA 12GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX950 AMP! 2GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - G27 wheel, DIY Button Box Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    I don't see how, until AI is sufficiently advanced that it can act as a race director/steward fairly/consistently, a driver rating system will continue to disappoint.
    I'll have off days where my driver rating may plummet from spinning off track, but I'll more often wreck myself before taking out another car. Better chance to avoid damage, the way i see it.
    Anyway, point is I'll continue to look for and race with a good bunch over relying on a rating system.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    PSN hkraft300: $60
    G29: $350
    IKEA desk+chair: $75
    Hours of mad skids and not losing my license: priceless
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68