Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why bother?

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    We're building a very comprehensive ratings based system into pCARS2. You can choose the 'quality' of the people you prefer to race with/against. We have much more coming in this vein but I don't want to steal the thunder from the upcoming announcements.
    AHA!
    *thinking out of the box*
    *form a "wreckers" league*
    *add an oval*
    TADAA...destruction derby created!
    NICE!

Platform
    XBOX1
    We're building a very comprehensive ratings based system into pCARS2. You can choose the 'quality' of the people you prefer to race with/against. We have much more coming in this vein but I don't want to steal the thunder from the upcoming announcements.
    NICE!!!!!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    That will be useful not only for alien drivers but for us slower drivers that that tend to steer clear of online racing because we don't want to mess it up for everyone else (or embarrass ourselves). I still hope we can ban people who are blatantly careless or stupid.
    Win 10 64//4.5g i7 Kaby Lake//gtx Titan x pascal//16gb 3200ram//Asus Maximux Hero IX//Oculus Rift//T300rs//TH8A
    The following 2 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, JohnSchoonsBeard

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by rosko View Post
    That will be useful not only for alien drivers but for us slower drivers that that tend to steer clear of online racing because we don't want to mess it up for everyone else (or embarrass ourselves). I still hope we can ban people who are blatantly careless or stupid.
    Don't be shy.
    Get out there and meet some fellow racers on your level.
    It's a shame you feel this way. You really need not. As many aliens as there are, blistering fast with solid tuning and racecraft, there are many more willing to race with you slow or fast, have a laugh, help with setup and hone your skills.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, JohnSchoonsBeard, Konan, RacingAtHome, RomKnight

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by rosko View Post
    A dude I would love to have you in my room. All are welcome in my room and if you go online you might find out that your actually not that slow.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Konan

Platform
    XBOX1
    Nice. I'm curious how skill (fast laps) vs behaviour (no contact) vs honour (no shortcutting/cheating) will all be processed towards this rating. So far about every other game I played failed miserably to put me against likeminded players from my own skill level.
    XBox One 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung PS50C7700YS 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ Harman/Kardon Soundsticks III
    my XBox One racing circuit info spreadsheet

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quit your whining, put in some effort and join a league. At least when I whine, its about technical issues that haven't been fixed...

Pub lobbies are a waste of time unless you just do sprint races. And I don't know why people with an internet connection and project cars race solely against the AI. Talk about a cold, lonely existence.

The only reason I launch project cars anymore is because I love racing with my league. Wednesday and Saturday nights will always be race nights.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Synystr View Post
    Quit your whining, put in some effort and join a league. At least when I whine, its about technical issues that haven't been fixed...

Pub lobbies are a waste of time unless you just do sprint races. And I don't know why people with an internet connection and project cars race solely against the AI. Talk about a cold, lonely existence.

The only reason I launch project cars anymore is because I love racing with my league. Wednesday and Saturday nights will always be race nights.
    What is pleasant for you doesn't necessarily mean it's the same for others...
    I have an internet connection and i have Pcars and i only play offline but i would hardly call my existence cold and lonely...a bit cold on your part imo...
    As been said numerous times before:everyone plays the game to his own preferences and there's no reason to judge anyone who does it different than yourself...
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Golfhacker27, kirso, OperatorWay

Platform
    PS4
    I've done some ai races when my internet was down.
    Loved it.
    It's also handy to practice and tune for a league race. Make notes on fuel consumption, fine tune tyre pressures, pit strategy, good overtaking sections and bad ones... Also general training your racecraft, concentration, keeping pace and consistency. Plenty good reasons for it.
    Many can't commit to league racing for their erratic schedule, children, shift work etc.
    Although I have met most the guys I race with through public lobbies. Add some clean guys you have a couple races online with. Soon enough you'll have enough of a roster to host races with clean racers. Joining a league also helps meet people to run casual races with.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings.
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    What is pleasant for you doesn't necessarily mean it's the same for others...
    I have an internet connection and i have Pcars and i only play offline but i would hardly call my existence cold and lonely...a bit cold on your part imo...
    As been said numerous times before:everyone plays the game to his own preferences and there's no reason to judge anyone who does it different than yourself...
    I was being ironic... lol.

#1 Issue with PCARS community is everyone is so uptight all the time... Lets all just breathe together! Maybe get in the child pose and crack a brew... ffs.