Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WHY THEY ARE SOOO FAST with Standard Setup? GT3

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    ^ Good point.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I donīt change the fuel.
    I was told that with standard setup independent what the HUD says (itīs 60l if you have changed something in your car setup or it shows the liters as needed for the race, if you have no saved setup of the car.)
    Itīs only a HUD mistake I think.

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    I don't know if it was fixed but the league I race with (RevolutionSimRacing) won't run races with fixed setups due to the problems with different fuel being applied to cars if a setup has ever been saved to them. I might be wrong on the fine detail of the bug but it's certainly something like that.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-3570K w/Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro cooler (overclocked to 4.2GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H motherboard // 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 2400MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Logitech G29 wheel // Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals // Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz // Oculus Rift DK2 // GT Omega Cockpit Pro w/extra bracing //

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I am driving ESL.
    Standard setup.
    I have seen some guys who have changed their coolers to close to zero, than saved their changes in the car setup and went back to the ESL race, but I think it has no influence for the standard setup at the end. I hope!

Superkart Pilot gotdirt410sprintcar's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    Laps laps and more laps. Practice practice and more practice. Thats how we get fast. I been using a wheel since ps1 days .

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdirt410sprintcar View Post
    Laps laps and more laps.
    To be honest, that's what puts me off of simracing most. In real racing drivers do 3-6 hours MAX before going into qualifying. I don't feel like doing 100 hours in fixed circumstances to perform well in something that is not even my job. If anything I'd prefer a fantasy track that no one knew and had only a set amount of time to learn it. Just like the Formula E vs Simracers contest a few weeks ago. Then aliens aren't aliens so much because they don't get 100+ hours to dial in their driving and setups that are just completely unrealistic in preperation compared to RL. I'm way to ADHD to stick to a combo (10 times or) more than RL drivers do. It's all kinds of wrong IMHO...

And yes IRL they have simulators, but they're just that. I'd bet that a lot of simracers prepare more in their sim(which is exactly the same as their race environment) than real drivers. Only thing that makes real life easier is that racing drivers have engineers who can cook up a set up based on data(including feedback from the driver in the simulator). It's that last thing that we're missing. We (sim drivers) are the race AND engineer. When I race I don't want to be the engineer.... So my wish is that one day I have an AI engineer, that can take most(if not all) of my setup work away.

I'm more of a "Know your car, then the track will come to you" kind of guy.
    Last edited by MaximusN; 23-01-2017 at 23:19.
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

-Mario Andretti

Platform
    PS4
    Agreed with the simracers having unlimited practice time to nail every corner perfectly.
    I'm not a TT guy. I'd rather do a 2 hour race than spend 2 hours hot lapping.

As for AI engineer, I wouldn't trust it. Not for a long time yet. Until then, we have community "engineers" (projectcarssetups.eu)
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bradleyland, gotdirt410sprintcar

Platform
    PS4
    I think its due to how the lobby is set up. when fuel is off you still need to put it to 1L to lose the weight (as far as i know its still like this). also lots of people close their radiator to 1% if it says "no mechanical failures" (because it simply wont blow up) and you will be faster.
    PS4 ID: Djuvinile
    T300rs/F1-Rim/TH8A/Playseat Challenge/T3PA/
    Crew Chief/ Pcars Dash
    : Dutch : English : German
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    There's the fuel/tyre/mechanical off lobbies with mandatory pit stop. Wtf...
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Are you 100% sure that this changes (1l and cooler to zero) have an influence for standard setup raves?