Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Camber. What's the deal?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I am pretty sure it would be impossible to count the number of times people on these forums refer to the project cars set up data base as the place to go for set up help. There are quite a lot of these set ups where camber is used, so apparently people seeking information are being deliberately misinformed since only "0.0" camber works in all cases all of the time, obviously. Yep. And Project Cars has provided us with numerous vehicles where camber can not be set to "0.0" (front and rear in some cases) thus depriving us reaching the Holy Grail of "0.0" camber Nirvana.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    I am pretty sure it would be impossible to count the number of times people on these forums refer to the project cars set up data base as the place to go for set up help. There are quite a lot of these set ups where camber is used, so apparently people seeking information are being deliberately misinformed since only "0.0" camber works in all cases all of the time, obviously. Yep. And Project Cars has provided us with numerous vehicles where camber can not be set to "0.0" (front and rear in some cases) thus depriving us reaching the Holy Grail of "0.0" camber Nirvana.
    Not sure if sarcasm or stupidity...

In case it's the latter:
    0 camber is the fastest for 1 lap. That's been proven many times. Concrete. Great for time trial.
    Is that the only game mode in pcars? No.
    0 camber as far as I've seen is not effective in races long enough that tyre wear is a factor. 0 camber + TT pace doesn't bode well for tyre conservation. You will qualify in the front, but in the race you'll shred the tyres and switching to harder tyres will kill your lap time anyway.
    Also how's your consistency on 0 camber over a 40-60 lap/2-3 hour race distance?
    In any case 0 camber doesn't net seconds per lap. So how's that for a holy grail.
    Last edited by hkraft300; 18-03-2017 at 11:25.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings (PC1).
    PC2 G29 ffb Raw 95-45-35-60

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Good for you that you've personally proven many times that 0.0 camber is fastest in the 10,000 plus car/track combinations available for Project Cars in TT. I have only run a couple of thousand myself and I'm not ready to concede that in all track/car combinations 0.0 is the only way for TT.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    On the bright side, maybe I can break 100 posts with this thread

Platform
    PS4
    I haven't spent the time in TT or hold any records to say 0 camber does not work. I have spent enough time racing to say 0 camber doesn't work for me in a 1 hour+ race. I don't use big camber either that becomes detrimental to tyre life.

You're right that 0 camber isn't the only way. There are many ways to tune a car and it also depends on your driving for 0 camber to be effective/ineffective.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings (PC1).
    PC2 G29 ffb Raw 95-45-35-60

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I'm kind of exhausted today. Yesterday I attempted to put all my GT3 cars in podium positions on a track in TT . I succeeded on Mojave Sidewinder and Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile. Granted, crappy tracks where not many of the experts go but to even do this I had to use camber for some of my cars. Everybody doesn't have the same FFB or controller so for me I have to use camber.

4 to go
    The following user likes this Post: John_Beauregard

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yesterday I had particular problems with the Ruf GT 3 at Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile. I was stuck in 5th over .400 seconds from 3rd and couldn't get anywhere. The minimum front camber is set at -.9 so in desperation I increased front camber to -1.5 and picked up almost half a second to secure 3rd. Still miles from lolly but that is always the case.

3 to go
    The following user likes this Post: John_Beauregard

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Just did a similar run at Dubai Autodrome Club, increased camber to -1.5 moved from 7th to 4th. Usual suspects at the front with the Ruf GT3, f.peters69 and lolly. Again almost half second gain.

2 to go
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, John_Beauregard

Platform
    PC
    Dude you Must have blinked because that #3 time you had is Gone!!! still using stock suspension everything!!! Not even tire PSI or down force adjusted... there is more time to get but i dunno how much faster i can push default set up... The times are getting hard to keep up with using stock everything with no assist!!!

OS: Win 10 64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A M5 | CPU: i5-6600k 3.5GHz | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 1070 FTW-SLI | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Recovery HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: Samsung UHD 48in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat RS1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: foxx76, hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Have a look here, friend of mine did some extending testing back in the days: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...orce-on-Camber

The camber fix which came couple patches ago was just a "hotfix" which negated the speed advantage you had with 0 camber. Other than that camber is still not working at all.
    Founder Member of RevolutionSimRacing - RSR Website - pCars2 Thread
    Steam: t0daY - YouTube: t0daYtv
    My Pc: Intel i7 2600, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM (2x4GB), Gainward Geforce GTX 760, Kingston SSD 240GB, Windows 10
    My Rig: T300 Racing Base, 599XX EVO Wheel (Alcantara Edition), T3PA Pro Pedals (with Conical Rubber Mod) & TH8A Shifter