Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Camber. What's the deal?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by t0daY View Post
    Camber is broken in pC1. Nothing to argue about, lowest camber is still (even after the camber-fix) the fasest way. Very sure it will be fixed in pC2
    Yep
    Addressing expectations on realism and simulation - Project CARS PC Leaderboards - Learn how to race properly - Forum Resources for Pcars
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A good explanation of the different tyre types - FFB Guide - Official FFB Guide - A new home for all your setups - How to use the Advance Search
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 8GB DDR3 (1600MHz) Crucial Ballistix Sport Memory
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 378.66)| Displays: 50" LCD TV 1920x1080 @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim brake mod (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - Anniversary
    The following user likes this Post: TexasTyme214

Platform
    PC
    Hmmmm...looks like i may Need to try this camber trickery
    I'm Stuck on Stupid i still drive default car set up
    OS: Win 10 64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A M5 | CPU: i5-6600k 3.5GHz | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 1070 FTW-SLI | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Recovery HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: Samsung UHD 48in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat RS1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    All your faffing about with ffb settings and you're still on default setups? Come on mate! Get on that train.
    You'd be bloody well surprised how much it affects the feel of a car.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings.
    The following user likes this Post: poirqc

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    Not even changing wing angles, drive ratios or even fuel loads or compounds?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptyochromis View Post
    Not even changing wing angles, drive ratios or even fuel loads or compounds?
    i adjust Fuel and Tires to Soft only...The stock suspension set up is Not bad... I get some Really Blazing Fast Laps with it.
    OS: Win 10 64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A M5 | CPU: i5-6600k 3.5GHz | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 1070 FTW-SLI | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Recovery HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: Samsung UHD 48in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat RS1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptyochromis View Post
    Lowering bump dampening can help with hot tires, as can more wing.
    Yes iv tryed that both irl and in the game, if the tyres takes to much of the load they get hot and i usually try to soften the chassie, if the pressure is already too high, but iv never heard about more wing could do the same trick, can you explane that, please?

Platform
    PS4
    More downforce puts more load on the tyres which should heat it more.
    More downforce also gives more grip, and might reduce tyre sliding/ slip angle thereby reducing temperature.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings.

Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    More downforce puts more load on the tyres which should heat it more.
    More downforce also gives more grip, and might reduce tyre sliding/ slip angle thereby reducing temperature.
    I'd wager that the latter is a stronger effect than the former (sliding friction is stronger than rolling friction).
    CPU i7 2600K | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1070 8GB + GTX780 3Gb (PhysX)| Audio Xonar Phoebus @ 5.1 | OS Win 7 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA DSX6 | Reflections HIGH | EnvMap HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | Track ULTRA | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Crepuscular Rays ON | Heat Haze OFF | Stretched Headlights ON | Detailed Grass OFF
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway. || With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Sounds right to me, spinning the rear tyres because of not enough load on the tyre maybe in combo with high rear/ less wheight.
    Thanks, i shall try to lower the rear to see if it helps.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by VonSchwerin View Post
    Sounds right to me, spinning the rear tyres because of not enough load on the tyre maybe in combo with high rear/ less wheight.
    Thanks, i shall try to lower the rear to see if it helps.
    Remember that more downforce is really only going to help in high speed/mid speed corners. IF pcars is anything like real life, a car with forward rake, soft rear suspension and high rear downforce will see the car start to plane out as the rear suspension compresses under aero load.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300