Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [resolved]Lights and Wipers

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

[resolved]Lights and Wipers

I'm using a Logitech G920 with PCars on an Xbox, all brilliant....except that I can't figure a way to access the headlights or the wipers. Have tried turning the xbox controller on as well but that doesn't work.

Any ideas?

I'd like to flash the odd irreverent driver where appropriate.

Platform
    PC
    Have you assigned the buttons in the 'Edit Assignments' menu?
    Addressing expectations on realism and simulation - Project CARS PC Leaderboards - Learn how to race properly - Forum Resources for Pcars
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A good explanation of the different tyre types - FFB Guide - Official FFB Guide - A new home for all your setups - How to use the Advance Search
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 8GB DDR3 (1600MHz) Crucial Ballistix Sport Memory
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 378.66)| Displays: 50" LCD TV 1920x1080 @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim brake mod (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - Anniversary
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Roger, Roger...many thanks. I had tried that but needed the xbox controller to get to the next column. Have successfully changed now so you'll see me flashing away!

There do seem to be not enough buttons on the wheel for all the potential assignments. Intriguing.
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristsChinHair View Post
    Roger, Roger...many thanks. I had tried that but needed the xbox controller to get to the next column. Have successfully changed now so you'll see me flashing away!

There do seem to be not enough buttons on the wheel for all the potential assignments. Intriguing.
    Yeah its a pain ain't it for some odd reason the G920 has 2 buttons that don't do anything on the Xbox One . Its about time Microsoft let us have keyboard support on the Xbox one they been promising it for a few months now.
    I never lose i just merely run out of laps,fuel or time
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristsChinHair View Post

I don't need to see you flashing... thank you very much
    Addressing expectations on realism and simulation - Project CARS PC Leaderboards - Learn how to race properly - Forum Resources for Pcars
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A good explanation of the different tyre types - FFB Guide - Official FFB Guide - A new home for all your setups - How to use the Advance Search
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 8GB DDR3 (1600MHz) Crucial Ballistix Sport Memory
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 378.66)| Displays: 50" LCD TV 1920x1080 @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim brake mod (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - Anniversary
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Bealdor, breyzipp, Konan, Mowzer

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    No, even with the new-found capability, I couldn't bring myself to actually flash.

Was in some very buggy online races though today, eg. Monza - lap times during the race were confused and position counter was inaccurate. Kept jumping up and down passing retired cars. One race at Donington, the leader disappeared and came back like an invisible ufo from nowhere, smashing me about the place. I know they're bugs but, they're new on me.

Still a fab sim. As someone who raced briefly a long time ago, on a lot of these circuits, it does stir up the same race craft and emotions of actual track racing. Look forward to PC2!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    I don't need to see you flashing... thank you very much

Platform
    XBOX1
    My controller settings which I have just revamped today.

The base (throttle/brake/shifting) is good old Forza Horizon 2 which was the first game I started playing with a controller due to a knee injury and my wheel setup being a no-go for a while. It's also somewhat compatible (minor differences for shared mappings) with the layout 4 of Assetto Corsa.

I'm quite happy with it, did a 2h endurance race with it today alongside a few other shorter races.

That endurance race was with the McLaren P1 though and steering while pressing D-pad left for DRS was a bit annoying. If I end up using DRS more than KERS then I will swap those 2 out (KERS won't be the same anymore as in Assetto Corsa then though so I'm holding off that change for a while).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	controller01.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	236877

Name:	controller02.jpg 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	236878

For the rest just about everything is there. I especially like what I did with the D-pad :

D-pad up (= kinda front ) is headlights (and same as in Assetto Corsa layout 4)
    D-pad right = windscreen wipers (they are right of my wheel in my car IRL too )
    D-pad down = toggle dashboard LCD (feels natural too)
    D-pad left = DRS (what was left)

So my D-pad are all buttons that would be buttons on your dashboard IRL as well. Ok KERS is a button too but for the McLaren P1 it acted weird, I started that endurance race with a full battery that just depleted over time. Pushing the button did nothing. Either it's working passively or it's not working at all.

For the rest request pit stop is there too, a mandatory button IMO. And I love my 2 buttons for seat adjustment as well. I used to have them on the D-pad before today but that was at the cost of missing other buttons. Now they are up & down on the left stick of which I only used left & right for steering anyway. Doesn't bother at all to have them like that.

What I really liked in Assetto Corsa but can't do in Project CARS though is that DRS is there on the handbrake (shared button). Think about it, I don't think any car has both DRS AND a handbrake.
    Last edited by breyzipp; 06-02-2017 at 22:43.
    XBox One 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung PS50C7700YS 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ Harman/Kardon Soundsticks III
    my XBox One racing circuit info spreadsheet

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    My controller settings which I have just revamped today.

The base (throttle/brake/shifting) is good old Forza Horizon 2 which was the first game I started playing with a controller due to a knee injury and my wheel setup being a no-go for a while. It's also somewhat compatible (minor differences for shared mappings) with the layout 4 of Assetto Corsa.

I'm quite happy with it, did a 2h endurance race with it today alongside a few other shorter races.

That endurance race was with the McLaren P1 though and steering while pressing D-pad left for DRS was a bit annoying. If I end up using DRS more than KERS then I will swap those 2 out (KERS won't be the same anymore as in Assetto Corsa then though so I'm holding off that change for a while).

Name:	controller01.jpg 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	236877

Name:	controller02.jpg 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	236878

For the rest just about everything is there. I especially like what I did with the D-pad :

D-pad up (= kinda front ) is headlights (and same as in Assetto Corsa layout 4)
    D-pad right = windscreen wipers (they are right of my wheel in my car IRL too )
    D-pad down = toggle dashboard LCD (feels natural too)
    D-pad left = DRS (what was left)

So my D-pad are all buttons that would be buttons on your dashboard IRL as well. Ok KERS is a button too but for the McLaren P1 it acted weird, I started that endurance race with a full battery that just depleted over time. Pushing the button did nothing. Either it's working passively or it's not working at all.

For the rest request pit stop is there too, a mandatory button IMO. And I love my 2 buttons for seat adjustment as well. I used to have them on the D-pad before today but that was at the cost of missing other buttons. Now they are up & down on the left stick of which I only used left & right for steering anyway. Doesn't bother at all to have them like that.

What I really liked in Assetto Corsa but can't do in Project CARS though is that DRS is there on the handbrake (shared button). Think about it, I don't think any car has both DRS AND a handbrake.
    Thats how I used to have my controller set up the same as Forza until i purchased myself a Wheel and pedals .

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mowzer View Post
    Thats how I used to have my controller set up the same as Forza until i purchased myself a Wheel and pedals .
    I'm going backwards, I started with a wheel and pedals but due to a knee injury moved to a controller.

The knee is slowly recovering though but I won't use my wheel again for any game until PC2 is out.
    XBox One 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung PS50C7700YS 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ Harman/Kardon Soundsticks III
    my XBox One racing circuit info spreadsheet
    The following user likes this Post: Mowzer

Platform
    XBOX1
    Can't wait for PC2 myself .
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp