Page 266 of 266 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266
Results 2,651 to 2,658 of 2658

Thread: Project CARS 2 - The FULL car list at launch Sept 22nd (all 197 cars)

Watching Bake Off like a stereotypical Brit
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I wonder if Breyzipp meticulously plans out the rest of his life too, like does he have a formula to work out the perfect butter to bread ratio so it is used as efficiently as possible?
    But I am definitely going to make a note of all that because that could be very useful

Once again thanks for your work mate, that save s the rest of us quite a bit of time
    Car Photos Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...rs-you-spotted
    Tank Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nk-s-Tank-talk
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621
    The following 5 users likes this Post: amazed, breyzipp, F1_Racer68, hkraft300, Konan

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank621 View Post
    I wonder if Breyzipp meticulously plans out the rest of his life too, like does he have a formula to work out the perfect butter to bread ratio so it is used as efficiently as possible?
    But I am definitely going to make a note of all that because that could be very useful

Once again thanks for your work mate, that save s the rest of us quite a bit of time
    Well I have been a PLC programmer for 17 years where I was really good at looking at a concept or installation layout and think ahead in time of possible bugs, flaws, risks and all that. So yes I have a natural habbit of looking ahead of me and plan forwards. I guess it's also the engineer / tech guy in me that can really overthink a game and rip it apart, analyse it and then see what is the most efficient way to play it.

* Give me any credit based racing game with a perk / unlock / buy economy system (like FH3 and Dirt 4) and I will find the most efficient way to spend credits and upgrade / buy / unlock things.
    * Give me any FPS game with weapons and different types of ammo and I will be really preservative with that ammo (and grenades and such). The other day I was playing CoD Infinity a bit more since I never completed the campaign. In such a game I rarely use the weapon that is most efficient or even the best one for the situation. I always use the type of weapon where my ammo is full for since I cannot pick up more ammo for that weapon type anyway.

I don't know, seems like I always want to play games on the highest efficiency.

Getting a bit off topic here but Horizon Zero Dawn on the PS4 Pro earlier this year was in fact the first game where I was really using the weapons that are most efficient for certain enemies. That game in that aspect is really brilliant, so many weapons and ammo types, so many machines that are weak to one thing or strong to another. Really enjoyed that game a lot. But if devs are sloppy and too many weapons and ammo are effective against too many enemy types then this fellow goes in ammo hamster mode.
    room 1 : XBox One X (todo) & Elite Controller ~ PS4 Pro ~ Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600
    room 2 : XBox One 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT Wheel ~ Samsung PS50C7700YS 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ Harman Kardon Soundsticks III
    The following 2 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, Tank621

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    I also deliberately removed one particular suspicious car from the car list (the regular forumers know which one it was). The last part of that particular developer stream video has been cut off on YouTube so it's obviously this car wasn't ment to be revealed yet. Whatever the plans are for this car, I'm sure it will show up again in the future since it was in a very recent build.
    Lol. pity though, car sounded great!

When are we going to start a DLC thread, I got word of a new rallycross car too!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    It's a good car list but, to my disappointment, GT4 is one of the worst classes... Mostly rehashed cars and none of the new ones like M4, Shelby GT350 or McLaren 570S...

SMS paid too much attention to GT3 and forgot about many other classes... I understand GT3 is what people race the most but the quality of the car selection across the classes is not very consistent IMO. There are amazing ones like GT3 (obviously), Group A and GT1, and very poor ones like GT4 and TC.

If it's like PC1 there will be DLC for one year though so hopefully there are some new additions.
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz | Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 970 4GB | Asus P8Z68 Deluxe | 2x Corsair Vengeance 8GB (16GB) | Samsung 840 Evo 256GB | Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 2TB | Logitech G27 all standard | Cooler Master PSU 700W | Cooler Master HAF 932

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zpectre87 View Post
    It's a good car list but, to my disappointment, GT4 is one of the worst classes... Mostly rehashed cars and none of the new ones like M4, Shelby GT350 or McLaren 570S...

SMS paid too much attention to GT3 and forgot about many other classes... I understand GT3 is what people race the most but the quality of the car selection across the classes is not very consistent IMO. There are amazing ones like GT3 (obviously), Group A and GT1, and very poor ones like GT4 and TC.

If it's like PC1 there will be DLC for one year though so hopefully there are some new additions.
    I mean all the cars in GT4 are still relevant and used with one new HOT car, and it's a pretty nice field with room to grow, so I'm not too bothered.

TC got 2 new cars, with one locked away as day 1 DLC... Still needs more but again, I'm not complaining.

GR.A, no new cars default with both new additions locked away as DLC... Come on SMS, that's just bull and you know it!

Platform
    XBOX1
    It's not that SMS didn't want more modern touring cars, those things are a real PITA for licensing.

Have they gone overboard with the GT3 class? I don't think they did. Maybe the "endurance doubles" are a bit weird but it was already said that some manufacturers are picky on which livery you can use on which car, I believe it was Porsche that didn't want their endurance livery on the sprint car. Personally I would rather have seen the 2015 Bentley gone and the 2 older GT3's (Z4 & SLS) in a separate class. And even though I don't care much for the Cadillac it was actually a nice car to drive in PCARS1.

We've even gotten so many new GT3 cars I would even welcome the Emil Frey Jaguar and the Lexus GT3, that brings us to a complete 2016/2017 GT3 grid worldwide I think? Or at least very close.

We should be really happy you know and be glad we are on this side of the fence. Over at Forza not a single new modern race car has been announced for FM7 (compared to what was in FM6) and the community is not happy with it (rightfully so). There are claims of cancelled pre-orders all over various forums, just how much all of those claims are true is yet to be seen. But it's understandable, for us a Ferrari 488 GT3, Porsche 911 GT3, McLaren 650S GT3, Mercedes-AMG GT3 and Lamhborghini Huracan GT3 are all "normal and expected" to be in the game. ALL of those cars are absent from FM7...

Back to PCARS2, the GT4 class looks fine to me, I'm really looking forward to the KTM GT4 and the Porsche Cayman Clubsport GT4. Yes there are a bunch of fictional cars in it as well (same as touring and LMP1) but I don't really mind. Normally I don't like fictional cars but SMS has proven with the RWD and Marek cars and SMS-R spec cars in PCARS1 they do make believable fictional cars. How does the GT4 class look over at Forza? Completely absent from the game.

I'm a console player (both PS4 and XBox) so I can't compare PCARS 2 to the likes of iRacing, RRE and the likes. But compared to what's on consoles there is IMO really no competition for PCARS2. The only thing that comes a bit close is Assetto Corsa and even though that game is so far my best wheel experience in a game, it's nowhere near PCARS 1 or 2 in terms of immersion and race weekends. Still, I have great respect for Kunos and keep buying all DLC for it. But for the rest? FM and GT:Sport both fail short, too much fictional and arcade. And everything else like FH, The Crew, SFS, DriveClub is even more arcade. (which isn't per se bad, I like arcade games occasionally as well). There are the F1, Dirt4 (WRX) and WRC7 games as well but those are more niche games pointed to a single motorsport.

So I think we really don't have a reason to complain, the car list and car divisions in PCARS 2 look absolutely great. Yes GT3 looks overcrowded but there is also LMP3, GTE, GTO, GT1, LMP900, Group C and so many others that look great and are mostly absent in other games (or else combined with other classes).

Also don't forget where SMS is coming from. Compared to PCARS 1 now Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini are in. There are now official licences for Pirelli World Challenge, IndyCar, GRC RX Lites, McLaren 720S exclusivity and probably a couple more. A dozen of real world racing drivers + factory test drivers + even Pirelli engineers helped test and feedback on the game. Rallycross and ice racing is new. Classic Spa and Monza are added now, probably the 2 most requested classic tracks. Livetrack 3.0 is amazing, seasons are great, and the list goes on, Ian Bell said on the GT forum earlier this year that there is so much new content this could as well have been called PCARS 3 and he's absolutely right. If you look at the small incremental steps Turn 10 is making with FM7... 4K and HDR (with some dynamic clouds and rain) are the big features there but that's because Microsoft needed a tech demo game for the XBox One X. What's actually new in gameplay content is a slightly revamped career mode (that's not even remotely close to PCARS 2), 300 driver suites with the most idiotic combinations (chefs, mummies, astronauts, tuxedos, ...) and then some copy/paste features from FH3 like auction house and widebody kits (and the silly Horizon Edition cars).

I know it's easy to look at the car list here and find the underpopulated classes and complain about them. But also look at what's new in the game that is not on this list, it's massive.

Also remember that there wille be at least 32 cars (I think?) over 4 expansion packs. Since the GT3 class is already so densely populated, all the racing cars from those DLC packs simply have to be in other car classes.

I know it sounds cliche but this "built by drivers/gamers for drivers/gamers" community slogan is actually spot on. About all my frustrations with other racing games (wrong car classes, lack of practice/qualifying, proper penalty system, manual pitstops with animated crews) are all dealt with in PCARS2. This franchise for sure started wonderful with PCARS 1 (albeit with bugs and bad controller support) but it's for sure heading in the right direction with PCARS 2. PCARS 2 is an absolutely incredible base to start working on PCARS 3 as well.

I know this post is way too long. I don't know what was in my coffee but that was an abnormal early sunday morning energy burst. :P
    room 1 : XBox One X (todo) & Elite Controller ~ PS4 Pro ~ Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600
    room 2 : XBox One 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT Wheel ~ Samsung PS50C7700YS 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ Harman Kardon Soundsticks III
    The following 2 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, Tank621

Watching Bake Off like a stereotypical Brit
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by snipeme77 View Post
    Lol. pity though, car sounded great!

When are we going to start a DLC thread, I got word of a new rallycross car too!
    Here you go http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...15#post1354515
    Car Photos Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...rs-you-spotted
    Tank Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nk-s-Tank-talk
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621
    The following 2 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, Konan

Platform
    PC
    I am trilled by the car and track lineup for Pcars2. Doesn't have everything I'm hoping for, but no software ever has or will. HOWEVER, I think that the devs have done an amazing job bringing in new manufacturers, cars, and tracks. The fact that some things are missing means that I have things to look forward to in terms of development and DLC content. No problem! Especially since my birthday is this week and I've had lots of comments that I'm not allowed to pre-order Pcars2.
    Personally built PC, Windows 10, i7-6700K, 16GB, GeForce GTX 980Ti, Samsung M.2 SSD, Thrustmaster T500 RS
    The following 3 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, Konan, Tank621