Page 11 of 80 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Project CARS 2 - The FULL track list at launch Sept 22nd

Platform
    XBOX1
    Great addition! I've been pretty unimpressed with the NA tracks announced so far but this one is very nice. I haven't driven it in any other game so I'm really looking forward to it.
    Strike 1: No mid-race saves. Strike 2: Dumbed down FFB for consoles. Strike 3: ?
    Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following 2 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Tank621

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    Great addition! I've been pretty unimpressed with the NA tracks announced so far but this one is very nice. I haven't driven it in any other game so I'm really looking forward to it.
    You'll be up for some fun times then! From my FM6 experience: Turn 1 is always a bit tricky due to the combination of a blind corner and uphill braking zone. Next up are the esses, amazingly fun in the right car with the right setup and IMO much more fun than the esses from Silverstone or any other circuit. After the esses you have the approach towards the far away corner which is a slight lefthand corner you take allout, very fun as well and it feels fast and vicious. Then the hairpin and the long back straight and what then follows is a technical part that is IMO hard to master until you get to the very wide right hand corner where it is fun again to take the last 2 corners and go back to the start/finish. Most fun for me are hands down the esses, least fun is the technical part after the long back straight.

This is really a great circuit that has anything a circuit should have (esses, a long straight, elevation differences, a hairpin, a technical part, ...). The only downside I can think about is that the alternative layouts are not that much fun (same with Yas Marina IMO), you will always want to drive the full layout.
    Last edited by breyzipp; 20-03-2017 at 21:54.
    room 1 : XBox One X (todo) & Elite Controller ~ PS4 Pro ~ Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600
    room 2 : XBox One 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT Wheel ~ Samsung PS50C7700YS 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ Harman Kardon Soundsticks III

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    COTA here we come!!! Maybe Sebring and Road Atlanta next for NAEC tracks? Hmm...

Platform
    XBOX1
    Aah yes, Road Atlanta is another fun American track. But I really find Laguna Seca, Long Beach, Indianapolis, Road America and indeed, Sebring quite boring.
    room 1 : XBox One X (todo) & Elite Controller ~ PS4 Pro ~ Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600
    room 2 : XBox One 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT Wheel ~ Samsung PS50C7700YS 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ Harman Kardon Soundsticks III

Platform
    PC
    The USA is quite loved in this game : California Highway (ok it's fictive but still), Willow Springs, Road America, Watkins Glen, Long beach, Daytona, Laguna Seca, and now COTA (where should this track be in the official list on the website ^^). I also wonder if Sonoma / Infineon Raceway will come back in PC2.

I suppose lots of the remaining "slots" will be taken by Ovals and Rallycross tracks, but lots of them left.
    OS: Win10 x64 | CPU: i5 4690K OC@4.4GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 970 AMP! Extreme OC@1500MHz | RAM: 16GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 | Controller: Logitech G25 + Nixim mod v2 (brake) | Display: HTC Vive | Sound: Virtual 7.1 Headset | Launch options: none | Visual settings
    The following user likes this Post: Tank621

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadows View Post
    The USA is quite loved in this game : California Highway (ok it's fictive but still), Willow Springs, Road America, Watkins Glen, Long beach, Daytona, Laguna Seca, and now COTA (where should this track be in the official list on the website ^^).
    I'd have been much more interested in some of the lesser-known tracks like VIR, Barber and Mid-Ohio than Long Beach and the ovals. They're the US equivalent of tracks like Oulton Park and Donington. But I guess you can't have everything....where would you put it?

Quote Originally Posted by Schadows View Post
    I also wonder if Sonoma / Infineon Raceway will come back in PC2.
    I sure hope so. Trading Sears Point for Long Beach would be a step backwards.
    Strike 1: No mid-race saves. Strike 2: Dumbed down FFB for consoles. Strike 3: ?
    Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Platform
    PC
    I've never raced (even virtually) on Long Beach, but I've heard good things from it, so i'm eager to try it.
    Not interested either in ovals (but I know lots of people love them), but with COTA, Laguna Seca and Road America, i'm already ont the starting line ^^
    OS: Win10 x64 | CPU: i5 4690K OC@4.4GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 970 AMP! Extreme OC@1500MHz | RAM: 16GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 | Controller: Logitech G25 + Nixim mod v2 (brake) | Display: HTC Vive | Sound: Virtual 7.1 Headset | Launch options: none | Visual settings

Platform
    XBOX1
    I've raced Long Beach plenty in FM5/FM6 and I think also in RR3. It's a mediocre track at best if you ask me but then I'm not much a fan of street circuits either.

Big fan of VIR and all it's layouts as well! Never knew the track until it came to FM6, I like it a lot!

And in general I like the lesser popular tracks a lot more than the overused tracks as well. Give me something like Rudskogen over Suzuka any day!

And another vote for ovals being boring from me.

Platform
    XBOX1
    If you like VIR you'll love Barber. MOSPORT would be another great one.

Long Beach in my opinion is straight busted. I know a lot of people like that track but for the life of me I have no idea why. First of all it's a street circuit, so that's strike one. Second, it's got this long straight that goes into a tight left-hander with no place to bail out. The results are predictable. Then the whole back section is a concrete canyon that culminates in a 1st gear hairpin serving no purpose that I can think of. But at least it's not an oval.
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    If you like VIR you'll love Barber. MOSPORT would be another great one.
    Never heard of those so that's probably good as I like the (at least for me) lesser known tracks.

Also if I like a track or not depends on a lot of things. The circuit layout and driving fluidity is one thing but also the environment does a lot for me. Like Spa Francorchamps is probably my number one all-time favorite circuit since it has a very nice layout but it's also a very nice natural location in the Belgian Ardennes forest. Sometimes even lighting has a positive effect, for example in GT6 I really like Willow Springs as well, the circuit itself is kinda crap but you had some really nice lighting effects there by sunset.

Monza I like for it's simplicity and high speeds (of course in the proper car).
    Le Mans I like a LOT but mostly because it's my number one favorite race in real life, the track itself if you think about it is kinda crap as well. The Nordschleife I *should* like a lot because it's also in nature but for my personal taste that track is just too long.
    I actually like Yas Marina (FM6) and Dubai (PC1) a lot as well but both also for the setting, Yas Marina with it's great light effects at the hotel at night and Dubai for it's desert theme.

VIR I like mostly for the grass scenery, kinda feels like racing on a golf terrain. But the layout (FM6) is fine too, especially those Grand East and Grand West courses.

Hockenheim is another one of my big favorites, I think this is really one of the few circuits I like a lot purely for the track layout and lesser for the location. Classic Hockenheim is awesome as well in PCARS1.

And talking about classics, Rouen Les Essarts has a special place in my heart as well, the fact that the track and tribunes are now completely gone and the only thing left is mostly public roads has a special feeling as well, as if you can revive history and relive it all over again.

Ooh and that's another thing, liking a track or not has a lot to do with the cars you drive on it too. Take the Classic Lotusses (Lotussi? Loti?) in PCARS 1 for example. Those cars make a lot of sense on the tracks from their days: long straights, wide corners, high speeds like classic monza, classic spa, classic hockenheim, rouen, classic silverstone etc. If you try to trackle a modern circuit with those F1 chicanes in it, it just makes no sense. Those cars are not made to race on those circuits. But step into a modern GT3 or open wheeler and those classic circuits are boring since you hit the limiter more than not. You need those sharper corners and chicanes with heavy braking zones and high downforce corners to bring the best out of those cars.

edit - just watched a lap from Barber, indeed a great track at first sight! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY62_sZOdVc
    Reminds me a bit about Portimao but a bit more windy. This video is with an indycar (i think) but it seems to be a bit fast for what the track offers. I think this would be a great circuit for GT4 & GT3 to be honest. But seriously love the layout, I like a bit of elevation change in a circuit a lot as well.
    Last edited by breyzipp; 21-03-2017 at 20:12.