Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lotus 49 FFB

Platform
    PC

Lotus 49 FFB

I find that the effect when braking on the Lotus 49 is too strong. The wheel is getting to hard to turn. What can I do to feel less that effect.

Platform
    PC
    What wheel are you using and what settings are you currently using?
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cote Dazur View Post
    I find that the effect when braking on the Lotus 49 is too strong. The wheel is getting to hard to turn. What can I do to feel less that effect.
    Turn Fx down. Try around 10 and move it slowly if things feel too weak.
    All platform and wheels: Official Force Feedback Guide
    Info: pCars 2 Tire Pressure Official Guideline | Wheel FFB guide

Steering: G27 | My In-game FFB:Immersive 100/30/60/5
    The following user likes this Post: Cote Dazur

Platform
    PC
    Thank you, I will try it and report.

Edit: tried changing FX but it did not change what I wanted to changed.
    Changing the swindle from 16 to 22 worked very well.
    Thank you all for your support, see you on the track.
    Last edited by Cote Dazur; 10-02-2017 at 01:49.
    The following user likes this Post: poirqc

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    You probably needed to change Fy and Mz too, it wasn't just the braking forces that were strong, if Fx didn't make too much of a difference.
    Windows 10-64bit, Intel i2500, AMD R9 380 4GB, 8GB RAM, 40'' TV, Accuforce V2, Fanatec V3i pedals.

Platform
    PC
    It was not so much that it was strong, as hard to fight, but that the effect was too strong, as in unnatural, as in a car the wheel does not feel like that when you brake.
    At 22, it feels natural. I checked the value in other formula, they all have 26 as a value and they feel alright, not sure why the Lotus 49 was set at 16.
    Lowering Fx did make a difference, but did not correct the feeling when braking that I was trying to fix. I prefer the Fx the way they were.
    What would changing, assuming lowering, Fy and Mz on the Lotus 49 achieve in your view?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Well you are describing things that have to do with lateral grip, that's why I assumed Fy was too strong. Fy does contribute to the braking sensation if you are turning at the same time. And you now said it's hard to steer, so it's safe to assume Fy is too high. I also suggested to lower Mz, or just try and see, because you now lowered Fy and that may leave Mz feeling stronger than before.
    Windows 10-64bit, Intel i2500, AMD R9 380 4GB, 8GB RAM, 40'' TV, Accuforce V2, Fanatec V3i pedals.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Might I offer another viewpoint: It's caused by the combination of low caster and flexible tyre.

So when you brake, the contact patch gets pulled rearwards w.r.t. the spindle. This increases the pneumatic trail. Since the total trail is the mechanical trail (proportional to caster) + pneumatic trail, and the total aligning torque is proportional to total trail, if the caster angle is low then the effect of variable pneumatic trail is very apparent. Indeed the Lotus 49 has a low caster at 3 degrees, which is less than modern formulas. On top of this of course there's forward weight transfer that also increases steering effort.

Maybe try maxing out the caster angle and lowering overall ffb scale accordingly. This will potentially reduce the effect of the variable trail on steering effort under braking.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by MarleyMoo View Post
    Maybe try maxing out the caster angle and lowering overall ffb scale accordingly. This will potentially reduce the effect of the variable trail on steering effort under braking.
    Increased caster results in increased steering effort anyway, no? Because of self-aligning...?
    I like a "heavy" (note G29 is piss weak) wheel and strong self-aligning so I generally bump up caster angle to max or ~9-10 degrees where available.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Increased caster results in increased steering effort anyway, no? Because of self-aligning...?
    I like a "heavy" (note G29 is piss weak) wheel and strong self-aligning so I generally bump up caster angle to max or ~9-10 degrees where available.
    Yes. By increasing caster you add in a set amount of trail, the mechanical trail, that is constant and not affected by braking. This will drown out the variable effect of the pneumatic trail that *is* affected by braking.