Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: PCARS2 in the media

Quote Originally Posted by Fanapryde View Post
    What I am a bit worried about is more the overall feel of the cars (most of them in pCars(1) do feel a bit lifeless compared to other sims I'm driving).
    But how are the real cars?
    It's fun to wrestle a car all the time from an entertainment point of view and it gives an impression of skill needed to boast about, but a real racing car should be easy to handle otherwise you spend your time keeping the car on the track instead of winning races
    CPU i7 2600K | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1070 8GB + GTX780 3Gb (PhysX)| Audio Xonar Phoebus @ 5.1 | OS Win 7 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA DSX6 | Reflections HIGH | EnvMap HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | Track ULTRA | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Crepuscular Rays ON | Heat Haze OFF | Stretched Headlights ON | Detailed Grass OFF
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway. || With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Francisnf, Konan, OddTimer

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    But how are the real cars?
    It's fun to wrestle a car all the time from an entertainment point of view and it gives an impression of skill needed to boast about, but a real racing car should be easy to handle otherwise you spend your time keeping the car on the track instead of winning races
    I have driven several cars at track days (Ford Focus RS, Renault Megane Trophy, an old Megane Cup car, Nissan 370Z and Nissan GTR (tuned), next to three years 125cc shifter kart racing. I have been on track in BMW silhouette and GT3 cars (as a passenger).
    I also had the chance driving 3 laps in a Formula Ford (granted that it was back in the eighties). I do know that a lot (most) of the feeling comes through the SOP irl, which is not easy to mimic in a sim, but in AMS (e.g.) the Formula Trainer feels almost exactly like the Formula Ford.
    Wrestling a car is surely not what I have in mind, since I love to drive endurance races, but more feel would be welcome. It is not easy to explain though... The Megane and Focus feel rather OK in the game (compared to RL, noting that the cars I drove always had track tires installed). But the Z4 never feels like the impression I had in the real car (again, passenger). I have never been in a moving R8 LMS, but the car in game feels totally off to me. If it would be like that IRL, I feel for the pilots who have to drive them. I watched them on several occasions during endurance and sprint races (at Zolder and Spa) and they seem to have massively more grip (so they do in other sims).

Quote Originally Posted by OddTimer View Post
    That was posted earlier in post #246. I reacted on one of the quotes
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, Fanatec CSW V2 base / Porsche 918 RSR / Formula Carbon / SQ shifter / Heusinkveld Pro pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 980 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / Buttkicker / PCars Dash / RS Dash

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    ooops, Monday effect I guess, sorry guys! =p
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Fanapryde, Konan

Platform
    XBOX1
    William from Sim Racing Paddock on the Ford GT and GTE

room 1 : XBox One X (todo) & Elite Controller ~ PS4 Pro ~ Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600
    room 2 : XBox One 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT Wheel ~ Samsung PS50C7700YS 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ Harman Kardon Soundsticks III
    The following 8 users likes this Post: Aile_Bleue, Fanapryde, Francisnf, Konan, Mahjik, OddTimer, Roger Prynne, Tank621

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Very positive video above, like it!
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Now this makes happy. Finger crossed for great fps optmisation across the board! �� https://www.gamespot.com/articles/60.../1100-6452554/
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Aile_Bleue, BullWinkle, Fanapryde, Tank621

Platform
    PC
    Little more than one month to go.

Let's hope all the terrible bugs from pc1, specially those related to the steering wheel of rotation"sudden changes" when online particularly have been sorted once and for all.
    i7-4790k_Cooler Master V8 gts / 970 G1 / Asus Ranger 7/ 16gbg-skill Trident ddr3 1600 / Seasonic g650w gold / Samsung 850 pro 500Gb_WD 1TB green / nzxt 530 white / rehobus fan controller nzxt sentry 3_3x20cm fans cooler master megaflow red led / Asus vs278q 1ms 27'/ t300 gte_t3pa

Platform
    XBOX1
    Next Livestream is tomorrow 7PM BST and will be discussing Online Features
    https://twitter.com/projectcarsgame/...454531584?s=09
    'There is nothing wrong with the car except that it is on fire' - Murray Walker
    'I plucked her in first, gave it some jandal and F*** Yeah!' - Scott McLaughlin
    'Wubba Lubba Dub Dub'- Rick Sanchez
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621
    The following 4 users likes this Post: breyzipp, F1_Racer68, Konan, OddTimer