Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: PCARS2 in the media

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by wicken View Post
    Here's some gameplay for you guys.

You know, Long Beach bores me to the back of my teeth because a) I don't like the layout of the track to begin with and b) it's been WAY overused on Forza 5 & 6. Still, seeing that video in cockpit view I truly like how during sunset you see the shadows of the palmtrees on the tarmac of the long straight after the start/finish line. Forza only has sunny daytime weather so that is how I know this track. I'm actually very curious to see how this looks during the night, I think the track might come to life in a whole different way than what I'm used to. That way tracks which are even familiar from other games will still look very different thanks to the lighting and weather.

On the downside, the sound of the 720S was a whole lot more impressive in that replay camera view but I guess that can be said for every racing game.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ comfy 4k+ EUR sofa

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    I'm actually very curious to see how this looks during the night, I think the track might come to life in a whole different way than what I'm used to. That way tracks which are even familiar from other games will still look very different thanks to the lighting and weather.
    Check the video I posted above. It has some night driving on Long Beach. Video quality isn't great, but it will give you a good idea of what it looks like.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 2 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Check the video I posted above. It has some night driving on Long Beach. Video quality isn't great, but it will give you a good idea of what it looks like.
    Haha you beat me to it, I just watched it and wanted to edit my reply above. It does indeed look stunning with all the buildings lit up and the street lights activated.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ comfy 4k+ EUR sofa
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Handling looks nice in those videos...and graphically the game is gorgeous...audio is surprisingly good. I normally criticise Pcars on the audio dept...but this is sounding good...the external camera probably sounds wilder, but if SMS is going for what the driver hears in car it makes sense the cockpit sound to be the way it is. I'd love the options you have in Raceroom in Pcars so you can edit sound effects the way you like and as a result the audio is not dependent on camera.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, shiftee

Platform
    PS4
    There's a side by side comparison of the Jag XJR9 at long beach, pc2 vs FM6.
    I was stunned just by the audio of pc2.
    Not sure if it's leaked gameplay or not so I won't link it.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    https://youtu.be/EVLKeFoYl2E

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    wow stunned here too...it sounds so much more powerful on pcars2
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Considering it's a "side by side" comparison, there would be no way it would be an "official" video anyways. But with that said...... the XJR9 and Long Beach are both already officially announced, so I see no reason not to share it. The video footage used may not be official, so I can see there would be concerns over the quality, but beyond that it is not showing any "unknown" information.

Just one non WMD guy's opinion.........
    Last edited by F1_Racer68; 12-05-2017 at 14:15.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - ADATA 12GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3
    The following 2 users likes this Post: breyzipp, BullWinkle

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by OddTimer View Post
    wow stunned here too...it sounds so much more powerful on pcars2
    Sounds good doesn't it!
    All the details... squeaks, rattles, whines...

Quote Originally Posted by OddTimer View Post
    ...I'd love the options you have in Raceroom in Pcars so you can edit sound effects the way you like and as a result the audio is not dependent on camera.
    Still think this is necessary?
    I don't! Not after that xjr9 video.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    Haha I first heard that FM6 sound and thought "hmmm, that's not that bad is it?". Then it swapped over to the PC2 sound and I went "okay, that is way better".

But credit where credit is due, I like the dirty front window and the dashboard of the FM6 Jag a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    Just one non WMD guy's opinion.........
    Make that two.
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68