Thread: Question about Project CARS 2

Platform
    PS4

Question about Project CARS 2

I have a question about the cars or classes of cars available in Project CARS 2. Will the game focus essentially on presenting the most recent models or will it make available the models from the first game plus the few upgrades? In other words, and in regards to the GT3 class, for example, will the new game also have the BMW Z4, the Mercedes-Benz AMG SLS and the McLaren MP4-12C, as options, as well as the new models, BMW M6, the Mercedes-Benz AMG GT or the McLaren 650S?

Thank you.
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Platform
    PC
    The full list of cars hasn't been advertised as of yet.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    Known Issues

Platform
    PS4
    Yes, I know that. My question isn't related to any car list, per se, but to the approach. It's simple, really: is the game only offering new cars, or will the previous models be also available?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by joelsantos24 View Post
    Yes, I know that. My question isn't related to any car list, per se, but to the approach. It's simple, really: is the game only offering new cars, or will the previous models be also available?
    That hasn't been said either. Ian has stated that most pCARS1 content would be in pCARS2 but he was mainly answering when asked about tracks. We can only wait until we see a full roster announced (or look in screenshots as they are posted).
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    Known Issues
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    That hasn't been said either. Ian has stated that most pCARS1 content would be in pCARS2 but he was mainly answering when asked about tracks. We can only wait until we see a full roster announced (or look in screenshots as they are posted).
    Ok, got it. Thank you for the reply.
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    XBOX1
    What do you prefer joelsantos24?

For me it would take a little bit away from the immersion to see 2016/2017 GT3 cars mixed with the older GT3 cars in the same race. But, it would still be really nice to have them in the game anyway and race within their own group. So you could have a "early 2010s GT3" subgroup for example where you would have the GT3 versions of the Z4, MP4 and SLS. Similar to how they split all the classic Lotus formula cars into several years (67, 70-74, 78 & 86 if I'm not mistaken ).

I have seen so many other games really fail to deliver proper racing categories and it would be nice if PC2 could do it right for once.
    room 1 : XBox One X (todo) & Elite Controller ~ PS4 Pro ~ Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600
    room 2 : XBox One 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT Wheel ~ Samsung PS50C7700YS 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ Harman Kardon Soundsticks III