Thread: No feedback from tires? G920

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

No feedback from tires? G920

Just started trying out PCars. Loads of fun, but having one problem: I don't get any feedback when my tires start to let go of the road. Hit the throttle too early out of a turn, and I'm spun out before I know what happened. Same thing if I take a corner too hot: off in the ditch with no warning. But I get feedback for everything else. I can totally feel the bumps in the road, and the wheel feels like it should when I turn (except if I turn too hard). I get tire feedback from Forza 6 -- am I just spoiled? Are you not supposed to get tire feedback?

I've played with every setting I can think of, and downloaded the latest firmware to the wheel. No luck. Any thoughts?

Platform
    XBOX1
    Hi mate Project Cars is a very different animal compared to Forza believe me as an avid Forza player of old. In Project Cars each and every car you can set the force feedback completely different in the tune set up. Here is a site that gives lots of Force feedback settings http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/ plus there is a section for wheel setups too . Also here is a tuning set up data base that really useful http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar.
    Last edited by Mowzer; 27-02-2017 at 17:19.
    I never lose i just merely run out of laps,fuel or time

Platform
    PS4
    Tyre feedback is there.
    Difference is that in pcars the steering wheel is simulated to behave as per real life. Specifically, the ffb simulation is taken from the steering rack/column of the digital vehicle you're driving. Unless you set/activate SoP settings for a car, then there will be ffb to the wheel from the rear tyres.

Therefore, just like you don't feel rear tyre slip through the steering wheel in a real car, you don't feel it in project cars. However, what you do feel is this: when the car oversteers, the caster angle of the front wheels will make it point towards the direction of travel, so the steering wheel will kick towards the direction you're sliding.

There is another possibility. Maybe you're lacking the feeling because your wheel is clipping (overloaded). In your ffb calibration settings (aka global) set steering gain to 1.0 or less (default is 3.0 which is way too high).
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings.
    The following user likes this Post: ShneebnaMRR108

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mowzer View Post
    Hi mate Project Cars is a very different animal compared to Forza believe me as an avid Forza player of old. In Project Cars each and every car you can set the force feedback completely different in the tune set up. Here is a site that gives lots of Force feedback settings http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/ plus there is a section for wheel setups too . Also here is a tuning set up data base that really useful http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar.
    I just lowered RAB to 0.08, and SK to 0.42, and SR to 0.12, and I'm feeling more detail, and still no clipping. Really loving it now!
    GT: Shneeb108 - XBoxOne - G920 with GTEYE springs - Playseat Evolution
    The following user likes this Post: Mowzer