Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fanatec CSWv2 sale

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiago Fortuna View Post
    That's the issue... you might need other values.
    Even between same bases one may have different results... Especially because the v2 is used and v2.5 is brand new. Might be worth checking with the iRacing's wheelcheck.

But TBH I think it can be more of a fw issue, espcially after you report.
    Thats what im thinking that its FW related...I think Fanatec May have come up with a New DR/FW Combo that reduces Drag...So it Could be a Good thing... The wheel moving more Freely isn't a Bad thing because it feels even more repsonsive due to the lack of Drag....it just Feels Odd because i had gotten sooo sed to the Drag(Muscle Memory when turning)... This DR/FW is Not compatable to V2 wheels but Fanatec said they are working to get this New DR/FW working with V2 wheels as well so the V2 wheels may see a updated FW with Less Drag also.

I tested on tracks that i normaly Drive well... My lap times were at My average pace but i was Not as consistent because im used to a stiffer wheel....Once i realized that the more free moving wheel was throwing Me off I should have went to tracks i dont usually Drive to test and the wheel probably would have felt Normal because My Brain is Not pre programmed on what it should feel like

The FFB on set has Definitly more progressive onset... I was Testing with the Ford 2+2 Mustang... That Car Has alot of Body Roll so its easy to feel the progressive FFB onset.

All in all i say im pretty Happy with it and im sure just as with the v2 the v2.5 will get better with future DR/FW updates... But you can Clearly Feel that something is different if you are Coming from V2 to v2.5.... You can feel there is yet untapped potential...Now once they port this FW to the v2 the difference in Feel may become Less or may even dissapear deoending on if they can reduce v2 wheel drag with the FW....From what i see through the top Cover the Build looks to be the same both wheels.... I havent opened the wheel to look at the Electronics and Motor....Not Yet LOL

Edit: Im pretty Sure that the V2 wheel Drag is FW Related!!!

V2.5 FW has Dri settings -5 --->0<--- +5

I tested Dri +5 and that adds FFB motor assisted speed for wheel return to center.

I tested Dri -5 and there was Notable Drag on the wheel...Much more than the v2!!!...My best Guess is Dri -2 or -3 would feel same as v2!!!

Based on this Dri test im pretty sure that the Fanatec wheel Drag issue is FW related.... This issue seems to have been fixed with the v2.5 FW because the wheel center is Notably Drag free as compared to the v2.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 10-03-2017 at 13:59.
    OS: Win 10 64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A M5 | CPU: i5-6600k 3.5GHz | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: 1070 FTW-SLI | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: Samsung QLED 55iin Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat RS1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Platform
    PC
    Though about it but again, Dri means something working on the wheel besides what a game sends so, on principle, is a no for me

Lets hope they correct it sooner than later then.
    ---
    My feedback is always on default setup unless stated otherwise. Auto-Clutch is OFF
    Still hoping for Estoril one day

| CPU: i5 4670K@4.2GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (387.92) | Mobo: AsRock Z87 Extreme6
    | RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz CL10 | PSU: Corsair TX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Onboard Realtek ACL1150 Asus Xonar DX | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    [B]| Monitor:[/B] 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

| Wheel: CSWv2 + CSPv3(usb) + CSS SQv1.5 - (driver v289 - fw 299/130) | Damping: 100 | 900
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: 0 | ABS: 0 | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100

| FFB: Custom |Gain: 100 | Volume: 50 | Tone: 50 | FX: 50 |Frequency: 600

| Visual FX: Default except Interion Flare: Off
    | Performance - Aniso: 16x | MSAA: Medium| SS: 1.4| Vsync: Off | Grass: Low | Envmap/Reflections/Shadows: Low/medium/low| Car/Track: High | Blur: Off | E. Mirrors: Yes | Particles: High/High
    | Driving assists: ABS/TC, maybe - SC always OFF
    | CmdLine: -ffb600 -pthreads 4 -skipcrowds

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiago Fortuna View Post
    Though about it but again, Dri means something working on the wheel besides what a game sends so, on principle, is a no for me

Lets hope they correct it sooner than later then.
    I dont use any Dri either...it just dont feel Natural.

Even without the Dri +??? enabled the v2 5 is more Nimble with Much less Drag.

New 2.5 FW just out i will report back.
    OS: Win 10 64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A M5 | CPU: i5-6600k 3.5GHz | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: 1070 FTW-SLI | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: Samsung QLED 55iin Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat RS1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Platform
    PC
    New V2.5 Dr/FW released today I have been playing Pcars for about 4 hours and not 1 problem!!! i heard the base fans come on and run their cycle and shut off....I dunno why but after this is when i really felt the FFB come alive with a Vivid FFB feel that i have Not felt before using the v2...I use My same TF/RAC 75 tweek that's posted on the Pcars forum and also the same exact wheel settings that i use on the v2 wheel... same settings but what a Nice difference in feel.

the v2.5 has less drag than the v2.0...i believe this less drag (wheel especially from TDC seems to move much more freely than the v2) is what makes the wheel FFB more vivid especially with subtle FFB forces.

I always use 0 Dri settings on both wheels...i tested the v2.5 @ dri -3 at this setting it feels as if it has the same drag as the v2.0

Nice job!!! I know it will only get better =D>

I don't think all the difference in feel is only because of the New wheel tec....I think it has alot to do with the new Dr/Fw!!! they said they are working to get it compatible with the v2.0...I'm sure when they do this many will be very happy!!! the reduced drag that the new FW offers really Spices up the subtle FFB because its not competing with or clouded by drag forces so it can be clearly felt.

EDIT: If you Have a v2 and you play PS4 don't Sell it!!! The v2.5 Will Not Work on My PS4!!!
    If you plan to buy a v2.5 to use with PS4 check the facts before you order because My PS4 will not recognize my v2.5
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 11-03-2017 at 05:04.

Platform
    PC
    I though the fw would come sooner than later. Fanatec client for years and I can't say I'm disappointed with anything in particular even with the RMA's I had in the past.

Their support is awesome.

Now I'm hoping they can somehow "free" up the CSWv2 (like when it's powered off) but I have no idea if it is possible or not. The internals according to their own webpage seem the same apart from double the refresh rate but...

You got me curious but i'm still waiting for a DD
    ---
    My feedback is always on default setup unless stated otherwise. Auto-Clutch is OFF
    Still hoping for Estoril one day

| CPU: i5 4670K@4.2GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (387.92) | Mobo: AsRock Z87 Extreme6
    | RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz CL10 | PSU: Corsair TX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Onboard Realtek ACL1150 Asus Xonar DX | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    [B]| Monitor:[/B] 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

| Wheel: CSWv2 + CSPv3(usb) + CSS SQv1.5 - (driver v289 - fw 299/130) | Damping: 100 | 900
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: 0 | ABS: 0 | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100

| FFB: Custom |Gain: 100 | Volume: 50 | Tone: 50 | FX: 50 |Frequency: 600

| Visual FX: Default except Interion Flare: Off
    | Performance - Aniso: 16x | MSAA: Medium| SS: 1.4| Vsync: Off | Grass: Low | Envmap/Reflections/Shadows: Low/medium/low| Car/Track: High | Blur: Off | E. Mirrors: Yes | Particles: High/High
    | Driving assists: ABS/TC, maybe - SC always OFF
    | CmdLine: -ffb600 -pthreads 4 -skipcrowds

Platform
    PC

Sakito never Felt this good!!!
    Pcars now seems to have much better progressive FFB feel with the v2.5 and new FW!!!No its not over the top strong like AC but its definitely there....i think that because the wheel moves more freely because of much less drag this allows the progressive FFB forces to really shine through... that last fast sweeper curve before the straight to the finish line the progressive FFB is just spot on!!! its a well balanced fight between weight transfer and tire slip!!! watch the FFB graph...i can Clearly feel all of it!!!...

i feel the tire slip with the regular v2 as well but it's not as vivid and clear... While the v2.0 gives great FFB feel with Pcars the weight transfer feels like more of a constant weight that turns of and on with notably less progressive feel than the v2.5 gives...Many will think or say that Gdog just taking smack and Nope it can't be that big a difference.... well its not when talking a bout stronger FFB forces but when your talking about more subtle FFB feel then the jump becomes more significant...I'm sure that as many more get the v2.5 wheel and report back that many will share my same thoughts the diff can be clearly felt.... The subtle FFB forces define and give clarity to the stronger FFB forces... just like with music bass is just Noise and Vibration until you add in the Highs and the Mids....I don't know how much of this is due to new wheel TEC or FW but if they can port even 3/4ths of the progressive FFB feel and reduce wheel drag for the v2.0!!! I'm sure many v2.0 owners will be dancing with joy.

I made No changes to my TF/RAC 75 tweek... v2.0 to v2.5 was plug and play with better subtle FFB feel.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 12-03-2017 at 03:24.