Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 24H Races... Is this a real thing

Platform
    PS4
    I raced it in career mode. I was surprised at the length. I usually have my setting.at 50%, so I found myself racing a 12 hour race in real time.

I reset the length to 2 hours and learned a lot racing it. The transition from light to night to dawn was worth it. I think career ,ode let's you do it once per season. The track is challenging, but fun enough to justify taking the time to learn.

Cheers.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledbetter View Post
    I raced it in career mode. I was surprised at the length. I usually have my setting.at 50%, so I found myself racing a 12 hour race in real time.

I reset the length to 2 hours and learned a lot racing it. The transition from light to night to dawn was worth it. I think career ,ode let's you do it once per season. The track is challenging, but fun enough to justify taking the time to learn.

Cheers.
    You'll also find the 25 hrs (IIRC) Green Hell (Nordschleife) and Bathurst too.
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, Fanatec CSW V2 base / Porsche 918 RSR / Formula Carbon / SQ shifter / Heusinkveld Pro pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 980 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / Buttkicker / PCars Dash / RS Dash

Platform
    PS4
    I'd prefer 24 hour at Green Hell over Bathurst.
    Green hell encourages me and warns me if I'm overdoing it.
    Bathurst just bends me over and conveniently forgets the Vaseline.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings.
    The following 6 users likes this Post: bradleyland, Invincible, jimmyb_84, Mangoat, Schnizz58, VelvetTorpedo

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    I'd prefer 24 hour at Green Hell over Bathurst.
    Green hell encourages me and warns me if I'm overdoing it.
    Bathurst just bends me over and conveniently forgets the Vaseline.
    Bathurst, where you spend half the lap going straight, and half the lap peeling your dead a$$ off the wall.
    PS4 | Thrustmaster T300RS Ferrari Integral
    Inside Sim Racing Wheel Buyer's Guide
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzledorph View Post
    So first of all, I just want to put this out there... I am NOT in any way a car guy/buff/huge racing fan and I JUST recently got into this game and have been REALLY enjoying it, to the point where I want to buy a steering wheel/pedals combo to play with. I just got to the end of my second season and accidentally entered the 24H Lehmans race without thinking (it says 24h in the title, idk what I was thinking) so after a frustrating 20 minutes practicing the course and qualifying [ during which I literally couldn't even finish a clean lap because the course is 8.5 miles long and that's a long time to drive perfectly] Now I realize this is my own issue but I had faith that I could make up the time in the actual race because even when I qualified in poor position I set my difficulty to around 30-35% and I usually end up smoking the AI by 10 seconds myself. Now I understand pointing out the fact that I couldn't race a lap without cutting the track in at least one area accidentally it doesn't inspire confidence in my driving. But can anyone explain why the speed of the other cars all of the sudden seems to have jumped up? The course has 2 huge straight-aways and I'm pedal to the floor (or trigger to the controller in this case sadly) and they are speeding by me, just seems weird. Is this race tuned harder because It's such an important race historically? or some other reason? Also why is it 2 hours long even set at 1%? 1% of 24h is about 15 minutes. I don't exactly have 2 straight hours to drive in a video game. Do other people have this time? Or do you spread it across multiple game sessions? Or what do you do? Are you really focusing for 2 hours straight in front of the TV/PC/whatever? I'm legitimately curious here. I even looked up the race because I couldn't believe there was a race for 24 hours straight. I understand now that it is split between three drivers minimum so that's a LITTLE more reasonable but STILL. Bringing that over to a video game... who is racing this course?!
    I went to the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona this year, and man, if you're enjoying this game, you absolutely have to get out to a race, even if it's not an endurance race. IMSA holds races all over the US, several of which are endurance races:

Rolex 24 - Daytona, FL
    12 Hours of Sebring - Sebring, FL
    6 Hours of The Glen - Watkins Glen, NY
    Petit Le Mans (12 hours) - Braselton, GA

Together, all of these races make up a series called the North American Endurance Cup. Endurance racing is a whole thing! As you've already noticed, it's a bit bonkers too! Being there at the circuit is incredible. You've got all these teams working to make their way through 24 hours of racing. It's a really amazing thing, and you'd be amazed at the kind of access you can get for under $200. Motorsports is really great about fan access. I literally could walk up and touch the cars.

Have a look at some of the shots I got:

Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/ouW69

Last edited by bradleyland; 14-03-2017 at 12:15.

Platform
    PC
    You liked the 4th pic so much that you had to post it twice
    Addressing expectations on realism and simulation - Project CARS PC Leaderboards - Learn how to race properly - Forum Resources for Pcars
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A good explanation of the different tyre types - FFB Guide - Official FFB Guide - A new home for all your setups - How to use the Advance Search
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 8GB DDR3 (1600MHz) Crucial Ballistix Sport Memory
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 378.66)| Displays: 50" LG 4K UHD TV 3840x2160 @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim brake mod (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - Anniversary
    The following user likes this Post: bradleyland

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    No such thing as too much BMW.
    The difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no difference but in practice there is.
    Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following user likes this Post: bradleyland

Kart Driver
    So if you do a 24 hour race with AI teammates, can you choose number of teammates and what stints you do? Will the game pause waiting for you to take the wheel when you're ready or is it like real life where you have to be ready to go when it's your turn to drive?

It seems kinda crazy to burn an entire day sim racing and to have to set an alarm for the middle fo the night so you don't miss your stint. There again it sounds freakin' awesome! I've done plenty of 2-3 hour races and a 6 hour online race with 2 teammates, but no endurance racing offline. It seems like it'd be really cool.

Platform
    PS4
    You have the one AI teammate (affectionately named B-spec Bob from gran turismo).
    You can pause it, leave the system running, and do the whole race yourself. Or hand over to the AI then take over when he pits. Haven't done it myself but many have.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    Haha, whoops!