Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me plan a proper solo/offline race (settings)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    So, I just did my first custom race. 15 laps at Spa, ended up lasting 37 minutes. Qualified in 9/24, finished in 6th, ~80% AI difficulty.

It was fun. Next time, I'll set it at either 2x or 3x tire wear for such a race. AI stopped twice for tire changes.

This was the first time I did a race over 20 minutes in length. Im surprised at how I stayed concentrated throughout the whole thing. Didn't stop to think about anything else for a second... Time flew right by.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Dresden, FS7, hkraft300, kevin kirk, Leonardo Da Vinci

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DeBH View Post
    In short, what's the most realistic way to have a 30 minute race? x2 or x3 tire wear? I might do 45 minute races in the future, but at the moment I'm going to stick with 30, as it's already demanding enough for me
    30-minute race using MP4 GT3 with tyre wear = 4x worked fine for me, I'm a fairly smooth driver and manage tyre wear well.

Quote Originally Posted by DeBH View Post
    So, I just did my first custom race. 15 laps at Spa, ended up lasting 37 minutes.
    If you divide the race length (in seconds) by your average lap time (in seconds) you get the ideal number of laps.
    Race length 30 minutes = 1800 seconds; average lap time 2:26 = 146 seconds.
    1800/146 = 12.33, so around 12 laps if you take into account pitstop duration.
    The following user likes this Post: Leonardo Da Vinci

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FS7 View Post
    Proper race weekend length varies between different car classes, same for tyre wear rates. You should post which car you're using so that people might be able to give you suggestions on best tyre wear rate for the race length you're using.

Personally I like doing race weekend with 30-60 minute practice, 15-minute qualifying, 30 minute race. 30 minute race with tyre wear = 4x works well for the classes I like (FA, FB, LMP1, LMP2, GT3).
    Does this work for for Formula A??

I just spent all weekend testing in formula a then I went into career mode where I found out the Ai don't pit.... very frustrating......

So if I did a 60 minute race in formula A with real tyre wear will the Ai pit??

I'm on pc too by the way.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieson5000 View Post
    So if I did a 60 minute race in formula A with real tyre wear will the Ai pit??
    For a 60-minute FA race tyre wear = 2x would probably be better.