Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: pCARS 2 and VR

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Purg View Post
    The career mode video released recently had a small section with VR improvements. Being able to move UI elements or have them off to the side so they're not visible while looking ahead (as I do with AC) was mentioned. Being able to adjust mirrors which I've not seen in any other game was another.

IB has mentioned several times that he wants to be at the forefront of new tech incorporated into pC2 and it looks like they've thought a lot about VR and are set to deliver the best experience yet.
    Right! That's also where I heard about that, but I can no longer find which specific time it was mentioned. That's why I asked here to check for more details about it from backers who may have seen/used it.

But @born2bslow, being part of WMD, how come you're not aware of it (ie. HUD repositioning be distance), as it was mentioned in that #4 career video? Didn't you have access to previous builds? Just curious.

Sounds great, if this is included.
    Last edited by sherpa25; 12-09-2017 at 11:21.
    PC: GB Z87X-UD3H-CF (W10-x64) | Intel i5-4670k (4.2GHz 1.130V) | GSkill (2x8GB) | GB GTX980Ti | Oculus Rift CV1 | XFX 650W CE | 2xSamsung Evo 250GB SSD
    Gear: T300RS / G27 pedals (Ricmotech Load Cell) | WSP v2
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Platform
    PC
    You would not believe how many different aspects of the game had subforums and feedback discussions; most of us tended to stick to areas we were familiar with - AI, physics, art etc It was impossible to keep up with everything. For instance, testing in VR, you would also be looking for art issues around the track, UI functionality, physics and tyre issues, vehicle art, general performance and framerate issues etc, and each item that came up needed a written feedback and often a video to reproduce the issue. This really is a massive game with so many different permutations. There will surely be things we missed, and there will be patches incoming, but we definitely did the best we could between us before first release..
    Last edited by John Hargreaves; 12-09-2017 at 12:05.
    i5-6600K/Zotac GTX 1070 AMP/Win10 64bit/16Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 7 users likes this Post: GTsimms, ironik, Mad Al, Purg, Roger Prynne, sherpa25, VelvetTorpedo

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    BTW (couldn't find info, pardon if asked already), is there a function(s)/setting for 'lock to horizon', especially useful for VR? Not familiar w/ the PC1 'head movement functions', so if these are similar and used to address this, perhaps someone can elaborate a bit. Thanks.
    PC: GB Z87X-UD3H-CF (W10-x64) | Intel i5-4670k (4.2GHz 1.130V) | GSkill (2x8GB) | GB GTX980Ti | Oculus Rift CV1 | XFX 650W CE | 2xSamsung Evo 250GB SSD
    Gear: T300RS / G27 pedals (Ricmotech Load Cell) | WSP v2

Platform
    PC
    Well...how is PCars2 in VR? Any HTC Vive users out there that can share their first-hand experience with PCars2 in VR. Thx!
    PC: Intel Haswell Core i7 5820K (water cooled); ASUS X99-Pro ATX 2011-3 Motherboard; Crucial 16GB 4x4 DDR4 2400 DIMM; EVGA nVIDIA GeFORCE GTX 1080; TrackIR, ButtKicker Gmr2
    Wheel: Fanatec CSW V2, CSR Elite Pedals; HTC Vive; Widows 10; NVIDIA driver 372.70

Platform
    PC
    PCars2 + Vive is slightly better than PCars1 + Vive for me. Not the night and day difference some folks have reported. Supersampling doesn't work (at all - makes no difference whatsoever) but MSAA on High does a decent job. Performance is OK - a slight improvement but still relies on reprojection for anything more than minimal settings (i5 4690k@ 4.4GHz / nVidia 1080GTX). The exposure issues from PCars1 appear to have been fixed, but there's still a lot of glare which really washes the image out
    Last edited by mr_belowski; 22-09-2017 at 14:42.
    Crew Chief details here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...r-for-PC-users
    Website, download link and forum: http://thecrewchief.org
    Or make a donation, if you think the chief needs to drink more beer:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=LW33XFXP4DPZE
    The following user likes this Post: Cuba

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sherpa25 View Post
    BTW (couldn't find info, pardon if asked already), is there a function(s)/setting for 'lock to horizon', especially useful for VR? Not familiar w/ the PC1 'head movement functions', so if these are similar and used to address this, perhaps someone can elaborate a bit. Thanks.
    "World Movement" is how you control the car vs. world movement. It is continually adjustable between 0-100. There are also settings for the helmet cam/VR that allow additional camera movement (look to apex, leaning, etc), is you are so inclined.
    Last edited by Chin; 22-09-2017 at 14:43.
    i5-4690K || Asus Z97-AR || 16GB DDR3 1866 || 240Gb SSD+1TB HDD || GTX 980 || Xonar DG || Win10 64b
    CSWv2+CSP

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    PCars2 + Vive is slightly better than PCars1 + Vive for me. Not the night and day difference some folks have reported. Supersampling doesn't work (at all - makes no difference whatsoever) but MSAA on High does a decent job. Performance is OK - a slight improvement but still relies on reprojection for anything more than minimal settings (i5 4690k@ 4.4GHz / nVidia 1080GTX). The exposure issues from PCars1 appear to have been fixed, but there's still a lot of glare which really washes the image out
    yes same here had expected more with the HTC VIVE I7-4770k 4.5HGz and 1080gtx

Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    You would not believe how many different aspects of the game had subforums and feedback discussions; most of us tended to stick to areas we were familiar with - AI, physics, art etc It was impossible to keep up with everything. For instance, testing in VR, you would also be looking for art issues around the track, UI functionality, physics and tyre issues, vehicle art, general performance and framerate issues etc, and each item that came up needed a written feedback and often a video to reproduce the issue. This really is a massive game with so many different permutations. There will surely be things we missed, and there will be patches incoming, but we definitely did the best we could between us before first release..
    Damn.. I knew I must be doing something wrong for the last two years, I was trying to read everything..

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + Clubsport pedals + shifter set - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i3-4130T - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad