Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: pCARS 2 and VR

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Purg View Post
    The career mode video released recently had a small section with VR improvements. Being able to move UI elements or have them off to the side so they're not visible while looking ahead (as I do with AC) was mentioned. Being able to adjust mirrors which I've not seen in any other game was another.

IB has mentioned several times that he wants to be at the forefront of new tech incorporated into pC2 and it looks like they've thought a lot about VR and are set to deliver the best experience yet.
    Right! That's also where I heard about that, but I can no longer find which specific time it was mentioned. That's why I asked here to check for more details about it from backers who may have seen/used it.

But @born2bslow, being part of WMD, how come you're not aware of it (ie. HUD repositioning be distance), as it was mentioned in that #4 career video? Didn't you have access to previous builds? Just curious.

Sounds great, if this is included.
    Last edited by sherpa25; 12-09-2017 at 11:21.
    PC: GB Z87X-UD3H-CF (W10-x64) | Intel i5-4670k (4.3GHz) | GSkill (2x8GB) | GB GTX980Ti | Oculus Rift CV1 | XFX 650W CE | 2xSamsung Evo 250GB SSD
    Gear: T300RS / G27 pedals (Ricmotech Load Cell) | WSP v2
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Platform
    PC
    You would not believe how many different aspects of the game had subforums and feedback discussions; most of us tended to stick to areas we were familiar with - AI, physics, art etc It was impossible to keep up with everything. For instance, testing in VR, you would also be looking for art issues around the track, UI functionality, physics and tyre issues, vehicle art, general performance and framerate issues etc, and each item that came up needed a written feedback and often a video to reproduce the issue. This really is a massive game with so many different permutations. There will surely be things we missed, and there will be patches incoming, but we definitely did the best we could between us before first release..
    Last edited by John Hargreaves; 12-09-2017 at 12:05.
    i5-6600K/Zotac GTX 1070 AMP/Win10 64bit/16Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 5 users likes this Post: GTsimms, Purg, Roger Prynne, sherpa25, VelvetTorpedo

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    BTW (couldn't find info, pardon if asked already), is there a function(s)/setting for 'lock to horizon', especially useful for VR? Not familiar w/ the PC1 'head movement functions', so if these are similar and used to address this, perhaps someone can elaborate a bit. Thanks.
    PC: GB Z87X-UD3H-CF (W10-x64) | Intel i5-4670k (4.3GHz) | GSkill (2x8GB) | GB GTX980Ti | Oculus Rift CV1 | XFX 650W CE | 2xSamsung Evo 250GB SSD
    Gear: T300RS / G27 pedals (Ricmotech Load Cell) | WSP v2