Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Logitech G27 not detected anymore

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Unhappy [RESOLVED] Logitech G27 not detected anymore

I've been using my G27 wheel with Project Cars without problems for some time. A few days ago I had the problem that it was recognized as another Logitec model (I think to remember a Driving Force). Searching through the forum I've found this is a know problem with Windows 10 and Logitech drivers. So I uninstalled the Logitech gaming software profiler, I also used the Logitech Wheel driver cleaning tool, and installed Logitech gaming software 5.10 again.

The G27 is recognized correctly on the Windows devices, and on the profiler. All pedals, wheel, butons and shifter work fine from the device properties. It works also fine on Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally. But after this is not recognized on Project Cars anymore.

It simply does nothing. I've tryed to restart several times, plug and unplug on diferent USB ports. When I go to Project Cars controls setup is simply as the G27 is not conected. On the calibration if I move or press pedals is does nothing. Even the buttons don't work on the menus. On the assigments if I try to set one manually and press a button or axis is not detected.

After lots of investigation I've noticed one interesting thing... Using the USB devices view program I've noticed that when I plug the G27 to a USB port the system detects 2 devices. The G27 appears corretly and in green color as connected, but also a Driving Force wheel on the same port in grey!

My theory is that Project Cars is using the other device and never detects the G27. This is really strange as it previously worked and all my other games and system recognizes the G27 and is working fine.

Anyone can give me some advice with this? Maybe some way to clear the controls settings on Project Cars, so it will detect the G27 again.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Regards!

Platform
    PC
    You may have to delete the default.sav file located here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\YourID\234630\local\project cars\profiles
    Downside is you will lose your career progress/vehicle setups etc. (Like a fresh install of Project Cars).
    Then Start up Project Cars and re-do your controller settings.
    Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Motherboard / AMD FX-8350 Vishera 8-Core CPU@4.0Ghz / 8GB G.Skill RipJaws 2X4GB DDR3-1866,
    Samsung 250GB 850 EVO (SSD) / SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX480 8GB/OC 1342Mhz / Crimson ReLive 17.4.3 Drivers.
    TrackIR 5, ver 5.2 final drivers |Logitech G27
    240 Gig HD | Claro Plus++ sound card | Win7_64 | BenQ V2400W | Corsair TX850W Power Supply

In-game settings: @ 1920 X 1200 | Texture Rez HIGH | Post Filter On | LensFlare OFF | Bloom OFF | Haze OFF | Detailed Grass-Med | HDR Photo | Tex Filter 16x | Game_VSync OFF | SMAA Off | FXAA Off |Reflections MED | Vehicle Ultra | Track Ultra | Shadows MED | Motion Blur OFF | Render Ahead 2 |
    Steam CMD line Options:-dx11mt -pthreads 4 -fpscap 60 -skipcrowds -skipidiots

Proud to be a 5% club member
    Steam : Bullwinkle
    The following user likes this Post: Dreamboy

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BullWinkle View Post
    You may have to delete the default.sav file located here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\YourID\234630\local\project cars\profiles
    Downside is you will lose your career progress/vehicle setups etc. (Like a fresh install of Project Cars).
    Then Start up Project Cars and re-do your controller settings.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried that, renaming the file to "default.bak". So I can keep it and just test.

The game seems to reset and I have to start with a new profile and settings. But the wheel still not worked.

It's really strange as it's detected and working on the devices manager, other games and Logitech profiler. It seems a problem related to Project Cars only. I'm thinking about deleting all the game and reinstalling again, but I don't have many hopes on that.

Regards!

Platform
    PC
    That's strange. One thing you can check is the Steam Cloud setting under Steam settings.,make sure Cloud is unchecked. Then rename default.sav again. It may possibly be replacing the default.sav file with previously corrupt one. Also make sure you are using a USB2 port for the G27 during the Logitech software install, and installing it under Admin rights. (right click installer, install as admin.)
    Something else to try is to use the Logitech cleaner again, reboot system, and don't install the profiler software, plug in G27 (usb2), go into Project Cars and check controller settings again.

As far as re-installing Project Cars again your probably right, no doubt you will have same issue. ( Try as a last resort.)
    Last edited by BullWinkle; 11-03-2017 at 00:34.
    Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Motherboard / AMD FX-8350 Vishera 8-Core CPU@4.0Ghz / 8GB G.Skill RipJaws 2X4GB DDR3-1866,
    Samsung 250GB 850 EVO (SSD) / SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX480 8GB/OC 1342Mhz / Crimson ReLive 17.4.3 Drivers.
    240 Gig HD | Claro Plus++ sound card | Win7_64 | BenQ V2400W | Corsair TX850W Power Supply

In-game settings: @ 1920 X 1200 | Texture Rez HIGH | Post Filter On | LensFlare OFF | Bloom OFF | Haze OFF | Detailed Grass-Med | HDR Photo | Tex Filter 16x | Game_VSync OFF | SMAA Off | FXAA Off |Reflections MED | Vehicle Ultra | Track Ultra | Shadows MED | Motion Blur OFF | Render Ahead 2 |

Platform
    PC
    Try this.. uninstall the profiler with the cleanup tool.. then go to Windows device manager, uninstall any Logitech driver you may find... then instal install the profiler again. Here when I tried to uninstall the profiler some Logitech drivers was still there...
    Try to run the steam check files thing too...
    Last edited by 4dri3l; 11-03-2017 at 06:34.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks a lot to all for the suggestions and help. After three days trying all kind of things, and testing, I've finally found the problem!

I've tried everything. Even uninstalled Project Cars totally and downloaded again. Nothing worked. This made me think the problem was not related to the game. Logitech Profiler and Windows Drivers also worked perfect and showed everything working as expected. So the problem should be somewhere else... and the guilty was... STEAM!!!

It seems that Steam interacts with the system controllers before sending data to the game. I've opened Steam Big Picture and from there opened the settings. There's a controllers section and I can see that the G27 is detected and appears there. But the generic controller option was ticked. I'm guessing this made Project Cars think that the G27 was not a wheel and ignored it totally. After unticking this option on Steam the G27 was working again on Project Cars!

Has been really hard to find, but I hope this helps someone in the same situation in the future.
    Last edited by Dreamboy; 11-03-2017 at 20:41.
    The following 8 users likes this Post: 4dri3l, BullWinkle, Darius_bd, matter, poirqc, Roger Prynne, Shiftdel, VultUx

Platform
    PC
    Good find, thanks for reporting back with your solution.

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    I never even knew that Steam had that option, good find..... but what a ball ache.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following user likes this Post: BullWinkle

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I've been working as IT guy for years, and I can tell you that this was one of the more difficult problems to diagnose that I had in many time.

Luckily I've didn't gave up. It took many hours, but now we have a solution if happens to someone else.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: BullWinkle, Ian Bell, Roger Prynne