Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RESOLVED] Logitech G27 not detected anymore

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamboy View Post
    Thanks a lot to all for the suggestions and help. After three days trying all kind of things, and testing, I've finally found the problem!

I've tried everything. Even uninstalled Project Cars totally and downloaded again. Nothing worked. This made me think the problem was not related to the game. Logitech Profiler and Windows Drivers also worked perfect and showed everything working as expected. So the problem should be somewhere else... and the guilty was... STEAM!!!

It seems that Steam interacts with the system controllers before sending data to the game. I've opened Steam Big Picture and from there opened the settings. There's a controllers section and I can see that the G27 is detected and appears there. But the generic controller option was ticked. I'm guessing this made Project Cars think that the G27 was not a wheel and ignored it totally. After unticking this option on Steam the G27 was working again on Project Cars!

Has been really hard to find, but I hope this helps someone in the same situation in the future.
    BRILLIANT - found this and everything fine!

It would be good to have this post highlighted in searches for G27 (or other devices?) not being found by games - AS in my case

Cheers
    Toby
    The following user likes this Post: BullWinkle

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks a lot to all for the suggestions and help. After three days trying all kind of things, and testing, I've finally found the problem!

I've tried everything. Even uninstalled Project Cars totally and downloaded again. Nothing worked. This made me think the problem was not related to the game. Logitech Profiler and Windows Drivers also worked perfect and showed everything working as expected. So the problem should be somewhere else... and the guilty was... STEAM!!!

It seems that Steam interacts with the system controllers before sending data to the game. I've opened Steam Big Picture and from there opened the settings. There's a controllers section and I can see that the G27 is detected and appears there. But the generic controller option was ticked. I'm guessing this made Project Cars think that the G27 was not a wheel and ignored it totally. After unticking this option on Steam the G27 was working again on Project Cars!

Has been really hard to find, but I hope this helps someone in the same situation in the future.
    Thank you! This fixed my problem!

Platform
    PC
    I've opened Steam Big Picture and from there opened the settings. There's a controllers section and I can see that the G27 is detected and appears there. But the generic controller option was ticked. I'm guessing this made Project Cars think that the G27 was not a wheel and ignored it totally. After unticking this option on Steam the G27 was working again on Project Cars!
    Really, really THANK YOU!!!!

My G27 wasn't detected by The Big Picture but I still had the same problem and disabling Generic Controllers solved. And this are affecting all my racing games (Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally, PC1).

Thank you again for share!

Platform
    PC
    Thanks for reporting back on this guy's.
    AsRock X370 Taichi MB /AMD Ryzen 1700 @ 3.4Ghz / G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 / Samsung NVMe SSD 960 Evo M.2
    Samsung 250GB 850 EVO (SSD) / SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX480 8GB/OC 1342Mhz / SeaSonic Focus 750W Gold / AMD Adrenalin 18.2.1 drivers / Acer XZ271U bmijpphzx 27 Curved WQHD 2560 x 1440p 144Hz monitor.
    Windows 10 64bit / TrackIR 5, ver 5.2 final drivers / Logitech G27

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Oh mein gott, I just registered to say THANK YOU! Such a hidden option rendering all my games unplayable with the G27. So idiotic! Many many thanks for finding it out!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Same problem here - G27 detected fine in Logitech Profiler, but not usable in any steam games.
    I did the driver reinstall multiple times, even reverted from windows 10 to windows 7 and the problem persisted.
    My steam options carried over from windows 10 to window 7!

Removing "Generic Gamepad Configuration Support" fixed the problem for my G27.

I was really starting to lose my marbles, and think I needed to replace my wheel.
    Thanks Dreamboy for posting your solution.